• Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43

howdysmithy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a couple of questions, currently using a emunand 9.2 sysnand 10.3 ndsxl, i was wondering what cart (r4/ds-two/acekard/other) is best for my system. Also is it safer to boot into emunand and then run a ds cart? Thirdly I have an old r4 card for my original ds from like 2008 would this work in my n3ds or is there a chance of bricking even if i run it under emunand?

wawnord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So i want to update my O3DSxl sysnand from 4.x to 9.2 to use coldboot in emunand and install RXtools CFW.
I've Zelda oot and Zelda Majoras Mask as retail card and a gateway card (emunand on 10.3).
Sysnandbackup and Emunandbackup already made.
i want to install rxtools the first time AFTER i updated to 9.2
What is the best way to update?

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i want to update my O3DSxl sysnand from 4.x to 9.2 to use coldboot in emunand and install RXtools CFW.
I've Zelda oot and Zelda Majoras Mask as retail card and a gateway card (emunand on 10.3).
Sysnandbackup and Emunandbackup already made.
i want to install rxtools the first time AFTER i updated to 9.2
What is the best way to update?
in the opposite order you want (if you update sysnand in gateway mode you will brick)
you need to install rxtools to safely update sysnand

use this guide it has everything you need [Tutorial] Installing rxTools Custom Firmware - (3DS and 2DS)

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which FW does ZooT have?
look it up 3DS Releases
Hey, which cart do I need to get in order to play DS games on my New 3ds XL? thanks

I have a couple of questions, currently using a emunand 9.2 sysnand 10.3 ndsxl, i was wondering what cart (r4/ds-two/acekard/other) is best for my system. Also is it safer to boot into emunand and then run a ds cart? Thirdly I have an old r4 card for my original ds from like 2008 would this work in my n3ds or is there a chance of bricking even if i run it under emunand?
for the cheap man R4isdhc GOLD Pro 2016 for New 3DS /3DS v10.4/2DS/DSi/DS Lite/DS
and the recommended sc ds two

@howdysmithy
some most people cant run ds flashcards in emunand
and if your old flashcard ever worked in any model 3ds then there is a chance you can use it again by installing bluecardfix.cia

Last edited by wormdood,

recgame77

Trophies
XP
Country
Cameroon
Hi is it possible anyhow to play recent 3DS dump with a cfw / emunand or anyting without gateway/Sky3DS cards ? I have a Sky3DS but the new AP checks will prevent me for sure to play Bravely second ;(

If i understood correctly it is not possible to install a CIA on a cfw above 9.2 so i guesss that converting a recent dump to CIA if it require fetures from FW > 9.2 will be useless or i m wrong ?

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi is it possible anyhow to play recent 3DS dump with a cfw / emunand or anyting without gateway/Sky3DS cards ? I have a Sky3DS but the new AP checks will prevent me for sure to play Bravely second ;(
yes cfw will let you play that

If i understood correctly it is not possible to install a CIA on a cfw above 9.2 so i guesss that converting a recent dump to CIA if it require fetures from FW > 9.2 will be useless or i m wrong ?
almost . . . you can only install cfw on 9.2 or lower . . . when you install cfw you can create an emunand (emulated copy of your 3ds that you can update. . . allowing you to play games that need newer firmware)

jlucasp25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi everyone. I have a O3DSXL with RxTools 2.6 with 4.5 sysnand/10.3 emunand.
I have the nands unlinked.Before i unlinked the nands i could play gba cia games, now everytime i start the gba game it freezes black... and also after installing the cfw, my original pokemon cart games didn't start, they say that my save is corrupted.. can anyone help me with these two things.. ? Thanks

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone. I have a O3DSXL with RxTools 2.6 with 4.5 sysnand/10.3 emunand.
I have the nands unlinked.Before i unlinked the nands i could play gba cia games, now everytime i start the gba game it freezes black... and also after installing the cfw, my original pokemon cart games didn't start, they say that my save is corrupted.. can anyone help me with these two things.. ? Thanks
i have no idea about the save file but the gba.cia games must (now) be installed to sysnand as well as emunand if you want to play them from emunand

jlucasp25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
i have no idea about the save file but the gba.cia games must (now) be installed to sysnand as well as emunand if you want to play them from emunand
I think that if i play the game through sysnand it may not give that error but the game requires 7.5 update and sysnand is in 4.5... i still didnt find a tutorial to update sysnand to 9.5 with rxtools 2.6...
How do i install the gba cia to sysnand? When i use fbi or the h&s app on emunand it gives me the option to install on the sd card or the nand... i dont have any cia install app installed on sysnand...

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i still didnt find a tutorial to update sysnand to 9.5 with rxtools 2.6...
? . . . thats because you can't use cfw on 9.5
How do i install the gba cia to sysnand? When i use fbi or the h&s app on emunand it gives me the option to install on the sd card or the nand... i dont have any cia install app installed on sysnand...
load rxtools and hold "R" you will load rxtools menu select sysnand then use fbi there (if you dont have fbi there then inject it there)
or use this to install fbi [Release] Inject any app into Health & Safety (O3DS/N3DS/CFW only)
then install the gba.cia it to destination sd

jlucasp25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry. I meant.. updating the sysnand to 9.2 to be able to play the game from there
you cant do it with rxtools 2.6 you need another version of rxtools
How to Update your 3DS/2DS to 9.0 or 9.2
If you want to boot rxTools as soon as you turn on your 3DS, then you need to set-up Menuhax; and to use Menuhax, you need to be on 9.0 - 9.2 firmware.
Warning: This can brick your 3DS if done incorrectly! Be sure that you follow the instructions carefully!

Requirements:
  • BigBlueMenu installed in sysnand (Section 4 if you don't have Gateway or Ninjhax) OR any other cia installer on Sysnand.
  • A rxTools 3.0 nightly (preferably the one linked in Section 1)
Let's get started.
  1. See AidanLumina's tweet here and click Files for downgrade/manual update.
  2. Download one of the O3DS 9.2 packs
  3. Picture
    h535.png
  4. Once downloaded, open the archive and find the "updates" folder; place it on your SD card. There should be many cia files in that folder.
    • Example: SD:/updates/0004013000008003.cia
  5. Download Sysupdater
  6. Open the archive and put sysUpdater.cia on your SD card
  7. Insert your SD card in your 3DS
  8. Hold L while launching rxTools to get into the rxTools menu. If using rxTools 2.5.2, hold R instead.
  9. Press DPAD RIGHT until you highlight ADVANCED OPTIONS, then press A. Skip this step if using rxTools 2.5.2
  10. Go down to DEVMODE or PASTA MODE and press A
  11. After a few seconds, you should now be in sysnand; firmware spoofing is disabled but cias can still be launched in this mode.
  12. Launch you CIA installer
  13. Install sysUpdater.cia (Destination: SD if using FBI)
  14. Once installed, press HOME to see sysUpdater wrapped as a gift; unwrap it.
  15. Launch sysUpdater
  16. sysUpdater will ask you if you are sure you want to go ahead with the update; choose to accept it.
    • It will also tell you that you shouldn't be in Gateway mode, or have firmware spoofing. Do not worry about this, DEVMODE / PASTA MODE has no firmware spoofing, so sysUpdater will work as intended. Just be absolutely sure you are in DEVMODE / PASTA MODE (line 13), not RXMODE SYSNAND!
  17. Wait for sysUpdater to finish. When it is done, your 3DS will reboot into 9.0 or 9.2 firmware! You can now follow the steps to use Menuhax if you'd like.
If you can't find the 9.2 pack in AidanLumina's MEGA folder
  1. Click HERE
  2. Click the CIA Format DLC's, Themes & Updates [Archive] result
  3. Click View Full Version : CIA Format DLC's, Themes & Updates at the top of the page
  4. Find the thread titled [MEGA] [CIA/BIN] MSET 4.X & 6.X backups, Browser backups, Update packs (All Regions)
  5. Scroll down to the section titled Updates
  6. Download either the 9.2 modified update pack for your region, or a 9.0 or 9.2 Full Update Pack for you region
taken from this guide [Tutorial] Installing rxTools Custom Firmware - (Old 3DS and 2DS)

Last edited by wormdood,

naivegirl2411

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all, I have a general question regarding 3ds homebrew and their developers. I've seen the time and effort developers put into their work and it's amazing, but what inspires the developers to release their work for free/even at all? I know that there may be a bias to this question as this is the gbatemp community after all but I would like to know more about this as its an amazing way to share art amongst people for free. So to make any answers easier to process I tried brainstorming some things already and listed them for replies:

A) Developers could put time and effort into selling their products but that would involve resources that would be much more than what the product offers
B) It's a way for developers to hone their skills in side projects
C) Does inspiration come from users testing and benefitting from their work or is the demand from us so great that it's actually slowing down development? Is it ok to even demand a product/better update when it's free?

Bonus: anything that I have missed

I find it amazing that art can be distributed so easily and free to a community and want to know more, it's noob paradise after all. Please PM me if that's a better place to discuss

Last edited by naivegirl2411,

recgame77

Trophies
XP
Country
Cameroon
yes cfw will let you play that

almost . . . you can only install cfw on 9.2 or lower . . . when you install cfw you can create an emunand (emulated copy of your 3ds that you can update. . . allowing you to play games that need newer firmware)
Thanks for clarifications !!!

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yo guys, I'm here with a problem: My friend has, somehow, updated his new 3ds sysnand to 10.3.
Now, he does have a back-up of his sysnand, but I've read that to downgrade from 10.3 you gotta do a hardware mod or something.
What exactly does this mean? Do we gotta open up the 3ds?

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yo guys, I'm here with a problem: My friend has, somehow, updated his new 3ds sysnand to 10.3.
Now, he does have a back-up of his sysnand, but I've read that to downgrade from 10.3 you gotta do a hardware mod or something.
What exactly does this mean? Do we gotta open up the 3ds?
Naw, on 10.3, he doesn't have to do a hard mod.
Yes, hard mod implies opening your 3ds, then soldering some stuf

But on 10.3, he can downgrade sysnand again
Assume he isn't Brower locked, has menuhax or any other hax

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol