• Views 4,459,166
  • Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, I was trying to install rxtools and I seem to be able to launch it and everything but after I launch it, it goes back to the normal Nintendo 3DS menu. The version has changed to RX but I can't seem to get the Rx menu. Can someone help, please?
It may look like the normal 3DS home screen, but if you have the RX prefix on your version number, then you're booting into emuNAND. Depending on which version of rxTools you're using, you'll need to hold either the R or L button while rxTools is booting to get the rxTools menu.

Now that there is HomeMenuHax v2.1 for 10.2 or 10.3 are we going to see CFWs for those FWs in the near future? because people say HomeMenuHax has full control
Yes on the CFW part. Smea announced a downgrade method for 10.3 and below, which will allow you to downgrade to 9.2 and install CFW. HomeMenuHax doesn't have full control. It's a userland exploit; you need an ARM9 kernel exploit to gain full control. ARM11 is easier to access than ARM9 and that will give you enough permissions to downgrade. HomeMenuHax on its own has neither ARM11 nor ARM9 kernel access.

If I have a new3DS and gateway, what's the easiest way to get into the gateway menu to install the mset exploit if I don't have OoT or CN?
You'll need to set up a CFW to install a Cubic Ninja cia on sysNAND. Once you've got Cubic Ninja installed on sysNAND you can use it to access the Gateway menu. Follow this guide up to the point where you install the cia manager. From there install Cubic Ninja and use Cubic Ninja to access the Gateway menu.

blubbermetal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a gateway
and I Haven't touched my 3ds in months, my firmware is 4.4 and my emunand firmware is 9.5.
Is it safe to upgrade my 9.5 emunand firmware?

N64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its most likely your reader and adapter if you want to check if its completely screwed go to control panel then go to Hardware and Sound then click on Device Manager then find the USB port and SD slot and click on properties and it should say if its faulty or not

It's not the reader.
Card reader works 100% perfectly with normal SD cards.
I confirmed the chipset based on another thread. This is a Realtek chipset that's compatible with n3ds.

GamerScotty9999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It may look like the normal 3DS home screen, but if you have the RX prefix on your version number, then you're booting into emuNAND. Depending on which version of rxTools you're using, you'll need to hold either the R or L button while rxTools is booting to get the rxTools menu.

Yes on the CFW part. Smea announced a downgrade method for 10.3 and below, which will allow you to downgrade to 9.2 and install CFW. HomeMenuHax doesn't have full control. It's a userland exploit; you need an ARM9 kernel exploit to gain full control. ARM11 is easier to access than ARM9 and that will give you enough permissions to downgrade. HomeMenuHax on its own has neither ARM11 nor ARM9 kernel access.

You'll need to set up a CFW to install a Cubic Ninja cia on sysNAND. Once you've got Cubic Ninja installed on sysNAND you can use it to access the Gateway menu. Follow this guide up to the point where you install the cia manager. From there install Cubic Ninja and use Cubic Ninja to access the Gateway menu.

What is this downgrade method you talk of I've been searching and of it and the hax I use to get into homebrew is browser and now Homemenuhax but the browser hax to get into Launcher.dat doesn't work for me because it was fixed in 9.2 and won't ever be updated for all I know

Enaske

Trophies
XP
Country
Should we New3DS 9.2 Guys update our SNEX Hack? (Since the new Starter Pack has full Access?)

I mean, use the new Starter Pack.

Hiccup

Trophies
XP
Country
Can the "eShop - old version downloader" to download old version of software other than ironfall? If so, how? And can you choose which version to download? Also, can you download titles that are on the server, but are not listed in the search or categories?

Beckio

Trophies
XP
Country
ok . . .so this is the scoop currently sky3ds flashcard will work on any fw but it is not the only way to play downloaded 3ds games there is also a free solution cfw. only 9.2 fw or lower (rare these days) can use cfw atm (recent happenings say there will be a way to downgrade any 3ds in due time) . . . so my advice is to wait weeks-months before buying anything

but to answer your question directly yes and make sure you get the new orange button sky3ds

Thanks very much for your reply. I'm hoping to buy a sky3ds soon as I want to play loads of games. I'm in the uk so does anyone know where is best to buy one? Thanks!

Mai85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have no idea if this is the right place to ask but... Here I go :D

I have been seriously thinking about buying a Gateway to launch my backups' on my 3DS (the old one, I have one in 9.5 and one in 10.3.28?). Then I saw that the Gateway couldn't do anything after 9.2... And that the SKy3DS existed but apparently didn't emulate nand for the online. I heard about a CFW too (like on PSP back in the time?). I also saw that there was a Sky3DS with Blue and another with an Orange button (?) does it means that the Sky3DS risks being obsolete in the next months if I buy it now? What about the online?

Basically... What should I get for a belated Christmas? I also saw that there were news about the Gateway...?

Venat

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The best thing for now is to wait (and not update), since there is a good chance now for CFW on 10.3 and lower, but it's not ready yet.

Jonesy123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finally traded in my old DSi XL for a 3ds XL 10.3.0-28E. Have an old Supercard DStwo that's fully updated to firmware 1.25 on the old DS. Have found conflicting reports on the internet, is it safe to click on the Alex Rider icon on 3DS. Is there extra that needs done, or will it not work at all?

Am aware it's only available for the DS games/DS emulators of old at best

TVL

#|
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I have a friend with an old 3DS on 2.2.0-4E, how would he go about updating it to 9.0 or 9.2? All the tutorials I've found are doing it on 4.1 and later. Can it only be solved with a game containing the update? And if so, once he's on >4.1 can he make the update with .cia of a game with the 9.0 or 9.2 update?

N64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally traded in my old DSi XL for a 3ds XL 10.3.0-28E. Have an old Supercard DStwo that's fully updated to firmware 1.25 on the old DS. Have found conflicting reports on the internet, is it safe to click on the Alex Rider icon on 3DS. Is there extra that needs done, or will it not work at all?

Am aware it's only available for the DS games/DS emulators of old at best

It's safe. I use one on my 3ds also.

skidooelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a friend with an old 3DS on 2.2.0-4E, how would he go about updating it to 9.0 or 9.2? All the tutorials I've found are doing it on 4.1 and later. Can it only be solved with a game containing the update? And if so, once he's on >4.1 can he make the update with .cia of a game with the 9.0 or 9.2 update?
The only way he could update to 9.2/9.0 would be to first update to 4.1/4.5 and then to install rxTools. From there he can use sysUpdater in dev mode to update the sysNAND to 9.0/9.2

Reactions: TVL

jonnytron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Like everyone else currently sat on 10.3.0-28E the last weeks news has got me pretty excited about the prospect of downgrading to 9.2 and accessing CFW etc... the works. I recently acquired an old O3DS XL in 7.2, upgraded it to 9.2 and now its running RxTools and a 10.3 emuNAND. That however was on a new system with no valuable data on.

The process of installing RxTools and creating an emuNAND involved a lot of formatting. so with the possibility that i will soon be going through the same process with my main system (10.3.0-28E N3DS XL) after downgrading with the upcoming memchunkhax2, i was wondering if there's a way to preserve my current system, along with:
- eshop downloaded games
- streetpass mii plaza games
- DLC

is there a way?

Last edited by jonnytron,

skidooelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Like everyone else currently sat on 10.3.0-28E the last weeks news has got me pretty excited about the prospect of downgrading to 9.2 and accessing CFW etc... the works. I recently acquired an old O3DS XL in 7.2, upgraded it to 9.2 and now its running RxTools and a 10.3 emuNAND. That however was on a new system with no valuable data on.

The process of installing RxTools and creating an emuNAND involved a lot of formatting. so with the possibility that i will soon be going through the same process with my main system (10.3.0-28E N3DS XL) after downgrading with the upcoming memchunkhax2, i was wondering if there's a way to preserve my current system, along with:
- eshop downloaded games
- DLC

is there a way?

Well, it depends how the downgrade processing will be done, but in the case that they won't be kept, you can just install them after on the emuNAND since you bought them on eShop. You would just lose your save file.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

- eshop downloaded games
- DLC

is there a way?
why not just system transfer your 10.3 to your other 3ds consoles emunand

Reactions: skidooelan

jonnytron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, it depends how the downgrade processing will be done, but in the case that they won't be kept, you can just install them after on the emuNAND since you bought them on eShop. You would just lose your save file.

Well i can always back up my saves before doing any transfer in that case. I was asking because i was unsure wether the eshop remembers purchases of DLC content such as the additional games for the mii plaza or the old ambassadors certificate and games.

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What is this downgrade method you talk of I've been searching and of it and the hax I use to get into homebrew is browser and now Homemenuhax but the browser hax to get into Launcher.dat doesn't work for me because it was fixed in 9.2 and won't ever be updated for all I know
It hasn't been released yet; it's still currently in development. Several 3DS devs are working on it, and it will be a while before we see a release.

Should we New3DS 9.2 Guys update our SNEX Hack? (Since the new Starter Pack has full Access?)

I mean, use the new Starter Pack.
Not an answer to your question, but can you link me to where it says the new starter pack has full access? I can't seem to find anything about this.

I have no idea if this is the right place to ask but... Here I go :D

I have been seriously thinking about buying a Gateway to launch my backups' on my 3DS (the old one, I have one in 9.5 and one in 10.3.28?). Then I saw that the Gateway couldn't do anything after 9.2... And that the SKy3DS existed but apparently didn't emulate nand for the online. I heard about a CFW too (like on PSP back in the time?). I also saw that there was a Sky3DS with Blue and another with an Orange button (?) does it means that the Sky3DS risks being obsolete in the next months if I buy it now? What about the online?

Basically... What should I get for a belated Christmas? I also saw that there were news about the Gateway...?
The best thing to do for the time being is to wait. A method of downgrading 10.3 and below consoles was announced very recently, which will allow you to downgrade and install CFW without having to pay for a flash cart. The downgrade method is still in development, but the wait will be worth it.

jonnytron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
why not just system transfer your 10.3 to your other 3ds consoles emunand

oh that sounds like an interesting solution. So i could system transfer my 10.3 N3DS over into the emuNAND of my O3DS during the process of downgrading and creating emuNAND (in theory). Would i then be able to return it to the 10.3 N3DS?

TVL

#|
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
The only way he could update to 9.2/9.0 would be to first update to 4.1/4.5 and then to install rxTools. From there he can use sysUpdater in dev mode to update the sysNAND to 9.0/9.2

Thanks for replying and helping out. So that's done with a game cart with said firmware update? Picking a game with a firmware higher than 4.5 is no good either?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ