• Views 4,418,179
  • Replies 53,757
  • Likes 43

Sherog

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Apparently you are in luck today, Smea told everyone about 2 unreleased exploits yesterday.

He didn't release anything but he basically told everyone how to do it.

Those hacks will probably allow downgrade but we have to wait until they materialize.

Thanks for the info my friend. I will keep reading this weekly and if you don't mind PM you to see if some news show up.

Micael de Mello

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Good staff, I have a 2DS who was with the version 7.xx. It turns out that instead of upgrading the emuNand I updated the SysNand for 10.3.0-28U version. I do not have a backup of the previous version as at the same time my notebook was formatted and lost backup. What can I do now? Please I beg for help.

skullpatch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anyone who can tell me of a way to take my save data from a retail game cartridge and copy them over to the CIA games I have installed on my emuNAND? I would like to move my fire emblem and bravely default saves into emuNAND so can stop carrying the cartridges.

ZerOneX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi guys, hope to find help here... finally I will have time to charge and play my 3ds again :D...

Just finished RE Revelations and that is all....

I'm on 4.5 and have a sealed gateway (when I bought it there was no multirom thing \o/)... after reading the news I could realize that the scene moved forward drastically...

What would be the best option nowadays?

1) Gateway or RxTools? (I have cubic ninja)
2) If Gateway, it would be better to stay on 4.5 and use DS Profile or to upgrade sysnand to 9.2 and use newer methods to launch gateway mode?

About SD and Micro SD Cards...

1) is it necessary to use a big SD Card, like microSD cards (bigger microSD cards means more games on 3DS, but I am not sure about SD card)?

Thank you very much guys.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

ZerO.

Last edited by ZerOneX,

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, hope to find help here... finally I will have time to charge and play my 3ds again :D...

Just finished RE Revelations and that is all....

I'm on 4.5 and have a sealed gateway (when I bought it there was no multirom thing \o/)... after reading the news I could realize that the scene moved forward drastically...

What would be the best option nowadays?

1) Gateway or RxTools?
2) If Gateway, it would be better to stay on 4.5 and use DS Profile or to upgrade sysnand to 9.2 and use newer methods to launch gateway mode?

About SD and Micro SD Cards...

1) is it necessary to use a big SD Card, like microSD cards (bigger microSD cards means more games on 3DS, but I am not sure about SD card)?

Thank you very much guys.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

ZerO.
For new people is usually recommended rxTools intead of Gateway because it's free.
Since you already have a Gateway, I see no major difference.

Gateway still has 2 advantages over CFW:
1) Can play .3ds roms
2) Really easy cia install (at least for the first time).

I suggest you to update your Gateway's launcher.dat to the newest version, install and update emunand to 10.3 and keep going from there.

9.2 Is great for CFW users.
4.x is great for Gateway users.

So stay in 4.5 if you want to keep using Gateway, update to 9.2 if you want to sell your Gateway card and keep using the free option.

It doesn't matter if you use SD or microSD cards on your 3DS, you can use big ones.

ZerOneX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For new people is usually recommended rxTools intead of Gateway because it's free.
Since you already have a Gateway, I see no major difference.

Gateway still has 2 advantages over CFW:
1) Can play .3ds roms
2) Really easy cia install (at least for the first time).

I suggest you to update your Gateway's launcher.dat to the newest version, install and update emunand to 10.3 and keep going from there.

9.2 Is great for CFW users.
4.x is great for Gateway users.

So stay in 4.5 if you want to keep using Gateway, update to 9.2 if you want to sell your Gateway card and keep using the free option.

It doesn't matter if you use SD or microSD cards on your 3DS, you can use big ones.

Thank you very much mate...

skypirate123

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all

Trying to run some old NES games via cia downloaded from "That ISO site". Installed via Big Blue on rxTools emuNAND 10.3 and get a black screen asking me power off when I run it.

Do I need to install it differently? Short rundown/how to would be appreciated.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone, new to the forums! I used to own a ds lite when I was about 12! Never used a flash card in my life. Recently just found out about them as I'm planning on buying the new 3ds xl.
Just my question is if I bought a sky3ds can I download and play 3ds games ?

Sorry if been asked loads of times I just don't understand half the things being said haha! Thankyou anyway!
ok . . .so this is the scoop currently sky3ds flashcard will work on any fw but it is not the only way to play downloaded 3ds games there is also a free solution cfw. only 9.2 fw or lower (rare these days) can use cfw atm (recent happenings say there will be a way to downgrade any 3ds in due time) . . . so my advice is to wait weeks-months before buying anything

but to answer your question directly yes and make sure you get the new orange button sky3ds

Last edited by wormdood,
Reactions: skypirate123

FrozenDragon150

Notorious Coffee Drinker
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I keep reading conflicting or outdated info, but...

I have an o3ds, what choice of cfw do i have? (i'm waiting for the downgrade to 9.2 btw)

Is it simple to install? What features does it have? Are THESE simple to use? Is it easy to boot it?

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I keep reading conflicting or outdated info, but...

I have an o3ds, what choice of cfw do i have? (i'm waiting for the downgrade to 9.2 btw)

Is it simple to install? What features does it have? Are THESE simple to use? Is it easy to boot it?
if its over 9.2 your only choice is to wait . . . and because the downgraded is not released yet let alone made we have no idea how difficult it will be . . .

Last edited by wormdood,

FrozenDragon150

Notorious Coffee Drinker
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
if its over 9.2 your only choice is to wait . . . and because the downgraded is not released yet let alone made we have no idea how difficult it will be . . .
Yes, but regardless of the downgrading method, as long as it gets me into 9.2 properly, it should be fine right? So, you may assume i'm in 9.2 for advice

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, but regardless of the downgrading method, as long as it gets me into 9.2 properly, it should be fine right? So, you may assume i'm in 9.2 for advice
it will allow you to downgrade to 9.2 when its made, tested, and then eventually released.
but if i am to assume you are on 9.2 now then your greatest option for cfw installation is
o3ds [Tutorial] Installing rxTools Custom Firmware - (Old 3DS and 2DS)
n3ds [Tutorial] How-to install a CFW on a 9.0-9.2 N3DS without CN/OOT

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, I just bought a 3ds with rxtools and changed the username and birthday. Now it won't boot. Any remedies?
Do you mean emuNAND won't boot or the 3DS won't boot at all?

If you mean emuNAND, you might just need to format a new emuNAND. If you mean the 3DS won't boot at all, take out the SD card and see if it will boot after that.

Is there a way to keep DS support and emunand at the same time?

Right now I boot to my gateway emunand by going to the DS profile.
I believe any of the CFWs support booting DS games while in emuNAND. It seems to be only Gateway that can't do this. If you want support for booting DS games in emuNAND, you'll need to switch over to CFW.

Is there anyone who can tell me of a way to take my save data from a retail game cartridge and copy them over to the CIA games I have installed on my emuNAND? I would like to move my fire emblem and bravely default saves into emuNAND so can stop carrying the cartridges.
Yes. Use SaveDataFiler to extract the saves from your carts. After that go to the far right tab on SaveDataFiler and select to import the saves to SD.

Hi all

Trying to run some old NES games via cia downloaded from "That ISO site". Installed via Big Blue on rxTools emuNAND 10.3 and get a black screen asking me power off when I run it.

Do I need to install it differently? Short rundown/how to would be appreciated.
I believe that virtual console games must be installed on sysNAND. You can run them on emuNAND, but you need to install them on sysNAND first.

Gateway just announced 10.3 support will be coming as well, so unless they're using the downgrade method, you may not need to downgrade at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @NinStar, Who's whipping who?