• Views 4,517,610
  • Replies 53,796
  • Likes 43

tan-tan

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm reformatting an RxTools 2DS (unlinking NANDs) for a friend. Is it safe to system format SysNAND if FBI has been injected into Health and Safety Information app on SysNAND?

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for replying and helping out. So that's done with a game cart with said firmware update? Picking a game with a firmware higher than 4.5 is no good either?
only 4.x or 6.x i recommend 4.x 3DS Games with firmware updates in the 4.1 - 4.5 range - EurAsiaWiki
oh that sounds like an interesting solution. So i could system transfer my 10.3 N3DS over into the emuNAND of my O3DS during the process of downgrading and creating emuNAND (in theory). Would i then be able to return it to the 10.3 N3DS?
i have not done it myself but yes it should be good for both transfers
I'm reformatting an RxTools 2DS (unlinking NANDs) for a friend. Is it safe to system format SysNAND if FBI has been injected into Health and Safety Information app on SysNAND?
thats fine just remember to pull the sd card out

Last edited by wormdood,
Reactions: TVL

Android_ero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I have a question..
I'm on the latest 3ds firmware and just installed menuhax and ironhax.I have the homebrew launcher and it has an app that says
region free launcher.. now if I wanted to use this do I need cubic ninja? or can I just stick the game in the slot, go into the homebrew launcher and
start region free launcher and it will work?(want to try a jpn game on a US n3dsxl..

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I have a question..
I'm on the latest 3ds firmware and just installed menuhax and ironhax.I have the homebrew launcher and it has an app that says
region free launcher.. now if I wanted to use this do I need cubic ninja? or can I just stick the game in the slot, go into the homebrew launcher and
start region free launcher and it will work?(want to try a jpn game on a US n3dsxl..
the whole point of cubic ninja is to get the hbc you have the hbc already so you dont need cn other than that you are correct and thats how it works

Delgado

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got a 3DS XL v9.9 and need some help. I have read up on all the flash cards but there is a lot of conflicting information and or bullshit. I am looking for a card that I can watch 3D movies off of and emulate region free ROMS. The DStwo plus seems about right but I noticed that it only supports v9.2 although I have seen several websites that claim otherwise... not to mention the awesome SNES emulator. I have seen a few websites that claim the SKY3DS works up to v10.3 but its not listed on their main website.

Thanks,

I tried the 3DS converter and that worked well enough but the GUI and 10min video lengths are a bummer.

Ygolonac

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just got the sky3ds+ and I can't get it to work. Formatted the memcard to fat32 and put my roms and gameslist.bin in the folder (don't need diskwriter) but when I put it in my 3ds nothing happens but a single green led flash. I'm using a kingston card which I heard is finicky but I've never heard of it not being recognized by the 3ds at all.

also this review http://gbatemp.net/review/sky3ds.414/ says I need to get firmware.bin but when I go to sky 3ds site it says it's updated to latest version and clicking on firmware just reloads the page.

I'm on firmware 9.8.0-25u on my 3ds. Is that too old to be compatible?

got my roms from roms 43, are they legit? I thought this was supposed to be easy.

greatly appreciate any help.

Mai85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The best thing to do for the time being is to wait. A method of downgrading 10.3 and below consoles was announced very recently, which will allow you to downgrade and install CFW without having to pay for a flash cart. The downgrade method is still in development, but the wait will be worth it.

Hi, I have a question..

I'm lost :'( I don't understand, how can you install something on 10.3 if nothing has been released? Can you launch emulators&backups?

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm lost :'( I don't understand, how can you install something on 10.3 if nothing has been released? Can you launch emulators&backups?
You can't install it yet; it's still being developed.

Once it's released you will be able to downgrade, install CFW, and play backups no problem.

You can play emulators without CFW via the Homebrew Launcher.

hey i have an important question: will i lose my data like eshop games, saves or streetpass data if i downgrade from 10.3 to 9.2 with memchunkhax2?
Your save data should be fine after downgrading. All of that information is stored on the SD card, which is unmodified during a downgrade. Only the 3DS's system files are modified.

I have a question. If I want to update from 9.9 to 10.3 to use the eShop, should I?
You might as well if you want eShop access. The downgrade method works for all firmwares including 10.3; just don't update beyond 10.3 if a new update is released.

Reactions: CrystalForce

ZerOneX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Guys, is there a proper way to transfer roms to sd card?

I'm using a 64gb sd card formatted as exfat!!

I am transfering them through windows explore but few of them are appearing as invalid roms :(

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

ZerO

rfire90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I correct in assuming that I can't boot into gateway mode on an O3DS with 4.5 sysnand unless I update to a sysnand with themes? (I have the gateway card)

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Guys, is there a proper way to transfer roms to sd card?

I'm using a 64gb sd card formatted as exfat!!

I am transfering them through windows explore but few of them are appearing as invalid roms :(

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

ZerO
There could be a couple things causing this. The roms could actually be invalid; try using different roms for those games and see if they work. Your SD card could be fake. You can check the validity of your SD card with H2testw.

Am I correct in assuming that I can't boot into gateway mode on an O3DS with 4.5 sysnand unless I update to a sysnand with themes? (I have the gateway card)
Nope. You can boot Gateway via the MSET exploit or the web browser on 4.5. You only need a firmware version with themes if you want to be able to autoboot into Gateway/CFW.

Reactions: ZerOneX

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hello!