• Views 4,514,786
  • Replies 53,796
  • Likes 43

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There could be a couple things causing this. The roms could actually be invalid; try using different roms for those games and see if they work. Your SD card could be fake. You can check the validity of your SD card with H2testw.

Nope. You can boot Gateway via the MSET exploit or the web browser on 4.5. You only need a firmware version with themes if you want to be able to autoboot into Gateway/CFW.
Is there a need to have autoboot or is that just a preference?

Hazzer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
stupid question but after I install a cia do I still need the .cia file? Does the installer move the game somewhere elts or do I still need the cia file to play the game?

N64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stupid question but after I install a cia do I still need the .cia file? Does the installer move the game somewhere elts or do I still need the cia file to play the game?

once you install it you can delete it. the installer does not auto-delete

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Is there a need to have autoboot or is that just a preference?
It can be useful if you are setting it up for a friend or relative that doesn't understand 3DS hacking, as it is less likely they'll accidentally update since they are unlikely to be able to access sysNAND (especially if you pay attention to when a new firmware is released - and either update emuNAND properly or remove the update nag).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Guys, is there a proper way to transfer roms to sd card?

I'm using a 64gb sd card formatted as exfat!!

I am transfering them through windows explore but few of them are appearing as invalid roms :(

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

ZerO
You may have a fake SD card. Did you buy it online? Nearly all SD cards on eBay are fakes, as well as from third-party sellers on Amazon (real Amazon would usually be OK). You can test it out by downloading h2testw (it's a German program - so don't worry about the language on the website, in the actual program you can switch it to English). Backup anything already on the card (or it will be wiped), then choose the read & write option and let it do its thing. It'll take a few hours. Let it completely finish or the results will be inaccurate. When it's done it will tell you if the card is fake or not. Being fake means that the card will appear like it's got 64GB but it only has maybe 16GB, and anything written further than the real 16GB will be corrupted/missing (it actually gets written onto your hard drive).

Edit: Try formatting as Fat32 and see if that fixes it before doing the above.

oh that sounds like an interesting solution. So i could system transfer my 10.3 N3DS over into the emuNAND of my O3DS during the process of downgrading and creating emuNAND (in theory). Would i then be able to return it to the 10.3 N3DS?
You can't system transfer from N3DS -> O3DS.

Last edited by Quantumcat,
Reactions: ZerOneX and cvskid

Elaugaufein

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm running 9.2.0-20E on an OLD 3DS with downgraded 6.0 MSET now that I've got themehax setup and ctrbootmanager setup, I want to restore back to 9.2 MSET , what's the current best/safest way to go about this ? Seems like it'd be rxtools -> Pasta Mode -> FBI -> Delete MSET from NAND -> Install MSET CIA to NAND but that's obviously kind of risky if anything goes wrong between the last two steps. Is there a better way ?

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
He could, but usually people like to do "dirty" stuff in emuNAND (easily swappable, can corrupt, no one cares, always easily restorable) and only have the sysNAND be a compulsory step to boot in emuNAND (with convenient boot methods like autoboot so you don't even see there is a sysNAND).

Reactions: einhuman197

Elaugaufein

Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you. Why can't he install the cias in sysnand? Too Dangerous or what?

It's not dangerous exactly (unless they are non-legit SYSTEM CIAs in which case you shouldn't install them at all) but you can't actually use non-legit CIAs on Sysnand unless the signature checks are patched, which means you need to be in CFW / GW to be able to use them, at which point you should be using emuNAND for a variety of reasons (safer, more compatible, eShop access,etc )

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Stupid Question incoming from a friend:
O3DS, 9.2, Ninjax and Rx Tools.
He has some unlegit cias. How should he install it? With RX Mode in sysNand? And when he starts the system without rxmode, can he still see and launch the titles?
Thanks in advance!
You can install on sysNAND but not recommended. If you do install them on sysNAND you'll see them on starting up your console but they won't work when you try to play them, unless you boot rxMode first.

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Someone please help me!! I'm downloading the old ironfall with eshop old downloader but the box isn't being filled in red... Oh and just to tell you my connection speed is 1.28 mbps because i tether wifi with my phone.. Please help me what to do.is anything wrong or it just downloads slowly...
EDIT: I'm using themehax on 10.2.0-28 o3ds xl E

Someone please help me!! I'm downloading the old ironfall with eshop old downloader but the box isn't being filled in red... Oh and just to tell you my connection speed is 1.28 mbps because i tether wifi with my phone.. Please help me what to do.is anything wrong or it just downloads slowly....!
EDIT: I'm using themehax on 10.2.0-28 E o3dsxl

Last edited by NoNAND,

Lycan911

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm coming from the DS & PSP scenes where piracy was literally just drag, drop, play, so I have a lot of questions about 3DS' CFW.

1. Once memchunkhax2 comes out and I downgrade to 9.2, what's the next step I should take?
2. What in the world is emuNAND? Please explain as noob-friendly as possible.
3. Should CIAs be installed to emuNAND or sysNAND?
4. Can any CIA be installed on CFW, or only some? I've seen some cases where they have to be edited with a hex editor or something in order to work.
5. Which CFW is recommended for o3DS?
6. Is there anything I should NEVER do on CFW? Something with a risk of bricking?

Edit:

7. Can I install NA/JP CIAs on my EU console? Will I be able to play online with out of region games?

Last edited by Lycan911,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I'm coming from the DS & PSP scenes where piracy was literally just drag, drop, play, so I have a lot of questions about 3DS' CFW.

1. Once memchunkhax2 comes out and I downgrade to 9.2, what's the next step I should take?
2. What in the world is emuNAND? Please explain as noob-friendly as possible.
3. Should CIAs be installed to emuNAND or sysNAND?
4. Can any CIA be installed on CFW, or only some? I've seen some cases where they have to be edited with a hex editor or something in order to work.
5. Which CFW is recommended for o3DS?
6. Is there anything I should NEVER do on CFW? Something with a risk of bricking?
1. Once on 9.2 check out https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/
2. It is a copy of your system which runs off the SD card, and can be updated while keeping your real system at an exploitable firmware, so you can use the eShop and play new games.
3. Everything should be installed to emuNAND unless it specifically says to sysNAND. This will be system titles. Anything installed to sysNAND needs to be done carefully and fully following your tutorial.
4. Everything can be installed to emuNAND, some CIAs may need some tweaking if they require 9.6+ firmware (only on n3ds). Some CIAs are required to be installed on sysNAND for their intended purpose to be fulfilled.
5. Rxtools.
6. Don't install things on sysNAND unless you're carefully following a tutorial (brick risk). Don't update unless doing it properly (brick risk if by sysupdater, sysNAND update risk otherwise). Don't visit data management on linked emuNAND/sysNAND (CIAs may be wiped).

Reactions: Lycan911

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1