Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
wow :blink: there are still loads of stuff to cover up. That is going to keep GW and all other quite busy for 2014 LOL thought the main stuff was already covered, (i was wrong to think that)
Well, different people prioritize different features. It'll be quite a while until GW is "feature complete" in relation to flash carts of the past, but for me personally 2.0 has everything I could want. I won't have to follow their progress so closely after it is released.

placebooooo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, different people prioritize different features. It'll be quite a while until GW is "feature complete" in relation to flash carts of the past, but for me personally 2.0 has everything I could want. I won't have to follow their progress so closely after it is released.
I have to agree with that. Maybe the only thing I may wait for is the online play for backups, that's all. Gateway is close to supporting everything I need. $80 bux well spent I say :)

Dr.Wiley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
R4I Gold 3DS Deluxe Edition - Firmware 3.3 is released now! (2014-01-09)

Changelog:

1.Fixeds saving issues caused by V3.2
2.Increase the stability

Multi-rom will be supported in Ver4.0

Lyrra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally some great news for R4i users! Is R4i's FPGA reprogrammable to allow multirom? If not, this is probably their first original work as they can't simply copy the upcoming Gateway update.

my2k2zx2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
R4I 3DS 3.3 firmware just dropped. They claim multi-rom support on 4.0. No mention of when 4.0 will be released.

change log:
2.Increase the stability

plog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just tried R4I 3DS 3.3 but when loading the Launcher.dat it crashes. Grey stripes and nothing happens.

Just downloaded from 3DSlink site and now it works, so probably a bad download from R4I 3DS website.

my2k2zx2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont have any issues with 7.1x emunand loading. It does lock up if I go in to the system menu. I loaded up Luigi's Mansion and it changed the language to what appears to be chinese.

I used the main download from r4ids.cn. Might try the mirror download later. For now, I just put the 3.2 launcher back on.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
R4I Gold 3DS Deluxe Edition - Firmware 3.3 is released now! (2014-01-09)

Changelog:

2.Increase the stability

Multi-rom will be supported in Ver4.0

any links to R4i and Gateway files are not allowed on GBATemp anymore
including there own sites

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Finally some great news for R4i users! Is R4i's FPGA reprogrammable to allow multirom? If not, this is probably their first original work as they can't simply copy the upcoming Gateway update.

Sorry, but they can't magically make multiROM work without reprogramming their cart; it's not a matter of if they can copy or do it by themselves, however they could create a hardware programmer for the chip of their cart and charge their customers 20USD more for it. You would still need to open the shell of the cart for this though.

Edit: What's exactly what they "fixed" this time? could be that they realised they left "3.1" in their last launcher (3.2) and they wanted to fix this?.

Pong20302000

Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Sorry, but they can't magically make multiROM work without reprogramming their cart; it's not a matter of if they can copy or do it by themselves, however they could create a hardware programmer for the chip of their cart and charge their customers 20USD more for it. You would still need to open the shell of the cart for this though.

FGPA reprogramming cannot be done on either card, neither card needs to do so to support multirom

But are you sure that we're not allowed to the "index" pages? What's with plain text (not as a link but as a code or something like that)?

yea its not allowed, was decided by the mods in IRC other day

Pong20302000

Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Explain why it can't be done on "either card" and why it isn't needed to support multiROM, please.
a3p125 is stored in the inner flash

data of a3p125 stored in the inner flash, the only way to program it is by JTAG port.

JTAG signals include TMS,TCK,TDO,TDI, RST.
It's impossible to simulate JTAG by e2prom signals of 3ds, which only include "CS, CLK, DATA[3..0]".
It's also impossible to simulate JTAG by the signals of the 3ds slot, which only include "CLK, CS1,CS2,RST, DATA[7..0]".
the maxium frequency of TCK is 10MHz and CLK metioned above is faster than 10MHz.
Gateway JTAG Pins are not accessible
R4i JTAG Pins are on the otherside of the board but nothing connects to them
only way to connect would be to hardwire some connections

D

Deleted User

data of a3p125 stored in the inner flash, the only way to program it is by JTAG port.

It's impossible to simulate JTAG by e2prom signals of 3ds, which only include "CS, CLK, DATA[3..0]".
It's also impossible to simulate JTAG by the signals of the 3ds slot, which only include "CLK, CS1,CS2,RST, DATA[7..0]".
the maxium frequency of TCK is 10MHz and CLK metioned above is faster than 10MHz.

The JTAG pins on Gateway PCB are connected to the card ds bus (DATA[7..4]). In theory it is possible to simulate the JTAG protocol with this

EDIT: TRST is not hooked up to the ds bus. It is strange that the JTAG pins are hooked up to the ds bus but I am not sure how they will be controlling TRST

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

As json said, the connections of the circuit of GW's card allow reprogramming their chip. About the impossibility to simulate signals, sorry but that sounds vague.

About the clock, at least 3Dbrew says otherwise: Clock. Frequencies 6.7MHz and 4.2MHz for DS/DSi gamecards, up to 16.6MHz for 3DS gamecards (for both SPI and ROM transfers).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la