3DS Flashcarts - News, Updates, and Support Thread

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by pedrobarca, Nov 16, 2013.

1. pedrobarca
    OP

pedrobarca Banned

Banned
    Jun 17, 2013
    This is an attempt to condense the amount of threads containing questions like "Where's the update?","X Flashcard Just Released Update X", and "X Flashcart's Support is Dead" threads. This forum is congested as it is so lets try to fix that a bit.

You can post in this thread, if
    • You have a question regarding 3DS flashcarts that aren't answered in the FAQ below.
    • You need support regarding your 3DS flashcart.
    • You want to talk about upcoming updates about your flashcart. Don't overhype yourself by speculating features. (Like a PS4 emulator is coming to the 3DS. It's not.)
    Actually, this thread is not for
    • Complaining about non-existing 5.X/6.X/7.X support.
    • Complaining about delayed updates or missing features.
    • Wild theories about X firmware being a hoax.
    • Fights between different 3DS flashcart owners.
    Gateway 3DS
    R4i Gold Deluxe
    3DSLink
    Orange 3DS
    MT-Card
    FAQ
    This post will be updated, if necessary. If you have information, which you think is important, let Devin know and he'll add it. Right now, this first post is not more than a rough draft. Hopefully it will grow when more information becomes available.

2. Snailface

Snailface My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing

Sep 20, 2010
    Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
    Nice idea. : )

One Thread to rule them all, One Thread to find them,
    One Thread to bring them all and in one convenient sticky, make them less annoying.

3. Naridar

Naridar Excelsior!

Oct 26, 2008
    Hungary
    I have two questions.

- One regarding online functionality. If all's well, 2.0 will have the eShop working. Is there a difference (such as special AP checks) between eShop and games' online connectivity that would prevent games from working online? Also, would a game be able to use bought-in-eshop DLC offline or is there some other check along the way?

- The other question's about gateway mode launching. Sometimes, when selecting "Nintendo DS profile" to enter gateway mode, the console just crashes. Is it random or is there some system to it? I'm afraid of a freeze like that bricking my 3DS for good.

4. XavierSylfaen

XavierSylfaen Member

Newcomer
    Mar 23, 2011
    United States
    What is the best way to get a new 3DS XL with 4.5 firmware or earlier?

5. Ryukouki

Ryukouki See you later, guys.

Jan 31, 2008
    United States

I'd suggest going to a retailer, maybe one that doesn't sell a ton of units, and start looking at the boxes until you find one that has Copyright 2012 on it. You can always take the plunge and go on eBay or Amazon too. :)

6. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    Let's try to stick this thread and see if it serves its purpose. (users often don't even read stickied titles if there are too many stickied threads)

I would be happy if this thread could also be the place for complain that the website is offline, and that's a disaster, what will happen, etc.

7. Vengenceonu

Vengenceonu Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.

Jun 20, 2013
    United States
    The C Standard Library
    Speaking of Stickied threads, TJcool's original thread needs to be updated. It still says only Gateway plays 3DS roms and that it's still not out yet. Also link this thread at the top.

8. Cyan

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    I'll let tj_cool decide if he still wants to use "updates" to notify that there are new released flashcards or if he prefer to rewrite the entire post.
    I added "clones" to the title until next update.

Vengenceonu likes this.
  9. sf1215

sf1215 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 17, 2012
    United States
    Would there ever be any way to play phoenix wright dual destinies from the eshop?

10. pedrobarca
    OP

pedrobarca Banned

Banned
    Jun 17, 2013
    The first one is a very tough question. Gateway Team said, they would work on online playing right after releasing 2.0. Since the eShop is available in 2.0, there has to be something more, which is preventing games from going online. Maybe you ask those questions in the official forum. After the release of 2.0 there will be someone from the Team itself answering question there. But right now they can't spare any resources.

Actually, I haven't encountered that problem myself. But I guess it is a random bug. Of course your 3DS can't be bricked by running Gateway mode. There is a theas about this here.

Currently there is no way to play Phoenix Wright Dual Destinies, because it's only available as eShop download. One way to play it, would be playing the japanese version, which was released as retail. But if you don't speak English this is of course a rather bad solution. There is no info from the Gateway Team, but I guess it won't be playable soon, so the only way to play it, would be waiting for 2.0 and buying it in the eShop.

11. Pedeadstrian

Pedeadstrian GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    Eww, European date codes. At first I thought the last update was in January...

It's a good idea, but it won't do much. People will still make 1000 threads about the same stupid thing because they don't bother to read things like stickies. Like this one.

12. Cyan

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    Report newly created dupe threads (instead of replying to the users) and we will close them, redirecting users to this stickied thread.

13. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    I am confused. You are trying to canalize "Where's-the-update?-threads" and "Gateway'll-never-release-update-lol-threads" into a single thread yet you specifically mentioned this thread is not for such things.

???

14. pedrobarca
    OP

pedrobarca Banned

Banned
    Jun 17, 2013
    Actually, you're right. Better we canalize all the garbage in this thread.

15. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    I'm not sure if that was sarcastic or not, I was just pointing out a contradiction.
    But either way that's a valid point. Better to have one topic for those things than heaps of them spread everywhere.

16. pedrobarca
    OP

pedrobarca Banned

Banned
    Jun 17, 2013
    That wasn't sarcasm, maybe it sounded like sarcasm, because I'm not a native speaker. And you're right, I made a contradiction there. I thought it might be possible to keep this thread clean, but if I forbid this topics in this thread, the flood of stupid gateway threads won't stop.

17. Idaho

Idaho GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 3, 2013
    France
    I'm not sure but I think Gateway team is waiting until the release of legend of zelda a link between worlds as they surely know it'll be a major hit, I'm sure they want their linker to support it, still I wish they'd update their website, teasing people for their update is surely cool but it has to be well done, it's been more than a month we've been waiting with only a few updated from the team and now radio silence since more than two weeks, this is getting me nervous...

18. SpaceJump

SpaceJump Where's my new 2D-Metroid?

Aug 18, 2005
    Gambia, The
    Zebes
    Maybe the team wants to release 2.0 with too many features at once. Of course that takes more time to develop and test.

I think it would be better that they release the features one by one, starting with NAND emulation which they obviously got already working. Then they could add multi-rom support and everything else later on.

19. pedrobarca
    OP

pedrobarca Banned

Banned
    Jun 17, 2013
    I know this is just speculation, but I think they have trouble getting Pokemon to work. 3dsguy explained in a thread a while ago what exactly the difference between CARD1 and CARD2 games is. And since the save of a CARD2 game is on a writable partition of the chip, on which the ROM lies, it might be diffecult for Gateway Team to redirect this saving procedure. But I'm no expert, can't really tell. But it might fit. EmuNAND seemed to be working a while ago, and they said they won't release 2.0 before Pokemon is working.

But I guess either way they will release 2.0 around the time Zelda gets released, because this is really a mojor game and most likely a CARD1 game. In this case it could be possible that they release 2.0 without Pokemon support.

20. SpaceJump

SpaceJump Where's my new 2D-Metroid?

Aug 18, 2005
    Gambia, The
    Zebes
    If I were the Gateway team, I'd release 2.0 without Pokemon ROM support, but with emu NAND. That way all on 4.5 could at least buy and play the retail game. I wouldn't play it on ROM or retail :P