Hacking Where to get a firmware 4.5 or below 3DS XL?

Gus122000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone have any ideas where to locate or tips on how to find a 3DS XL that has the appropriate firmware for the gateway 3ds ? Maybe some key information I can look at on the box before purchase such as in the case of buying a new one ? I wanted to make this it's own thread because I know I can't be the only person in search of one.

Edit by Cyan:
You can check the FAQ to get information about 3DS Serial Number to get a chance to find a System version 4.5.0 or below.
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/3DS_ha...the_System_version_before_buying_a_new_3DS.3F

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Anyone have any ideas where to locate or tips on how to find a 3DS XL that has the appropriate firmware for the gateway 3ds ? Maybe some key information I can look at on the box before purchase such as in the case of buying a new one ? I wanted to make this it's own thread because I know I can't be the only person in search of one.
Try little known game retailers. In my area there are Hastings stores that fit the bill perfectly. Went to get a 3.55 PS3 8 months after is was patched and got a 3.41, lol.

Also try Gamestops for used systems and return them if they are too high. Even walmart can work, that's where Devin got a brand-new 4.4 3DSXL just a day ago.

Oh yea, look for copyright 2012 also, that is a guarantee of a v4 or less.

Spzjulien

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I bought a Blue 3DS XL recently, it came with 4.3, so you shouldn't be worried, unless you a special edition one.

i hope since the white version in europe is the most recent color ....
i ear only animal crossing edition only is 5.1
where are you ?

ps : i got one jap silver 3ds ll from japan 1 month ago and is on 5.1 .... maybe they update faster jap version

Habstinat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check the back of the box; if it says ``© 2012'' then it must have 4.5 or below, but if it says ``© 2013'', then it may or may not have 4.5.

Spzjulien

Trophies
XP
Country
France
GOT my brand new White 3ds xl for amazon france ... and i got 4.4 firmware .... heeeepeyyy :)
time to dump flash !!

Cyberdrive

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I bought my silver 3DS XL on Saturday in a local video game shop in Moscow, it has 4.2.0 or 4.3.0 (I don't remember exactly). Now that I look at the box closely, it indeed has "© 2012 Nintendo." line on the front (looking at your belly) side.
I had no problems testing it before buying, which involved turning it on, clicking through the initial setup and going to system options to check the firmware.
It's now laying still, waiting for the charger, R4i, plastic case and screen protectors to arrive, while I'm waiting for Gateway 3DS review and planning the flash dump.
I was ready to keep it offline forever, but now it looks like I'll be able to dual-boot 4.5.0+current FW and give Nintendo some more of my money (for Fire Emblem DLC for example).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over