Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
e3-electronic-entertainment-expo-logo.png

So E3 has been and gone, but which of the big 3 do you think had the best conference?
Cast your vote and let us know in the comments!

Previous Week - 2 Years later, have you got a Vita?
Week 30 - Is Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes worth the asking price?
Week 29 - Which February video game release are you most looking forward to?
Week 28 - Which console generation was the best?
Week 27 - Are you buying Destiny?
Week 26 - Which nextgen system will have the best year in 2014?
Week 25 - Do you like micro transactions?
Week 24 - What did you think of this years VGX Awards?
Week 23 - Which of the nextgen consoles do you own?
Week 22 - Do you think the Xbox One launch was good?
Week 21 - Do you think the PS4 launch was good?
Week 20 - Is Microsoft right to ban early Xbone players?
Week 19 - What is the best video game genre?
Week 18 - Is Vita TV a good idea?
Week 17 - Have you got Pokemon X or Y?
Week 16 - Do you keep trade or sell your games?
Week 15 - Are you interested in Valve's new Vision for Steam
Week 14 - Do you think GTAV is the game of the generation?
Week 13 - Have you ever backed a Kickstarter project?
Week 12 - Will you be buying a 2DS?
Week 11 - After last weeks Gamescom are you more or less interested in the PS Vita?
Week 10 - Are you looking forward to Gamescom this week?
Week 9 - Which company has the best online infrastructure?
Week 8 - Which is better android or ios?
Week 7 - Which August game release are you most looking forward to?
Week 6 - Will you be buying GTA V?
Week 5 - Will you buy a Gateway 3DS Flashcard?
Week 4 - Which system has the best controller?
Week 3 - Have you preordered a nextgen console yet?
Week 2 - Now MS has backtracked, will you?
Week 1 - Who will sell the most hardware next gen?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I probably should avoid answering until I have seen Nintendo's effort, even if it was just a direct, but neither of the other two died horribly on stage, nor for that matter did EA or Ubisoft, and I count that is a general positive.

Looking at the Nintendo games/writeups though
http://gbatemp.net/threads/sony-e3-2014-conference-now-finished.367208/
http://gbatemp.net/threads/microsoft-e3-2014-conference-recap.367187/
http://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendo-e3-2014-conference-now-finished.367232/
http://gbatemp.net/threads/ubisoft-e3-2014-conference-now-finished.367198/
http://gbatemp.net/threads/e-a-e3-2014-conference-now-finished.367194/

I guess this leaves me with a choice of meh, meh and meh. Sony might just have the edge in the exclusives war though, even if their conference veered a bit into boredom territory for a while there.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Counting down until Guild bitches about GBAtemp's shitty pro-Nintendo opinions in 3... 2... 1...

In all seriousness though, I voted for Nintendo. They just showed off the most games that I care about. Sony and Microsoft's conferences weren't half bad, though.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Didn't bother watching Nin10doh's, since both their console and handheld hold little to no titles I could be bothered caring about.

Didn't get a chance to watch Microsoft, since I was at work.

So out of all of them, I guess Sony's was my personal favorite since it was the only one I actually watched. Though I think this poll should have a "None of the Above" and a "All of the above" option, I probably would've just gone with none of the above. Pretty much what I expected this E3, Nin10doh still disregarding third parties, Microsoft showing off Halo and stuff, and Sony focusing on the PS4.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nintendo won e3 by a good margin, though they didn't have THE greatest show themselves really. Sony's was drab, but like I say they didn't even need to show up in all honesty. MS's was a vast improvement from last year, and things are looking up there....

All in all though, plenty for fans of either company to look forward to on display... Owning all 3 consoles I can personally see my Wii U getting the most use this year judging by e3.
Gutted we didn't see anything on Fallout 4 though - maybe Gamescom ehh.

Reactions: TemplarGR

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo, they had everything I wanted when it came to games. Sony and Microsoft had nothing I wanted, also 2 hours 13 minutes for a conference Sony, Why? Hopefully TGS has something from Sony for the PS4 because there is only one JRPG being released this year and it's turning out to be not very good.

orcid

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Nintendo. They made me excited for a few games, their show was fun to watch and they showed gameplay scenes.
I hated these Steve Jobs clones who presented cgi footage at the sony and microsoft conferences.
Microsoft told me that they will have good games, but showed me again that they concentrate on genres which I like as much as a kick by Bruce Lee in my face.
Sony showed that there will be good games, but there is no reason buying a PS4 instantly. The show was forgettable.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
If the option was there, none of the above. Good god was E3 lackluster and blah this year. Nobody surprised anybody with anything. No announcements came out that really both surprised and generated excitement. Nintendo revealed almost nothing new, and although everybody wets themselves over the fact that they announced Zelda Wii U and showed a whole, what, 54 seconds, the fact that they announced something we were at least 92% positive they would announce anyways doesn't exactly win E3 for me. Otherwise their focus was entirely on games that we already knew were coming. Ultimately, they did absolutely nothing better than Sony or Microsoft, but neither Sony nor Microsoft did any better than Nintendo either.

It was a stalemate of unsurprising suck, and thus, nobody gets my vote.

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
Sony, Nintendo was a close call.
on Sony side, Little Big Planet 3 looked amazing, Infamous SS DLC was very interesting, they have plenty material to expand that world, No Man Sky looks sick and Bloodborne looked nice too, Uncharted 4 looked marvelous, instabuy. Grim Fandango was a surprise and definitely a must since I never played that game.
now on Nintendo side they showed plenty of Smash bros and announced 3 new characters, the chicken robot sketches were good and the announcements of Zelda U was fantastic, Splatoon looks marvelous(I WANT IT NOW) and Captain Toad looks like fun, Hyrule Warriors with Midna definitely is a buy for me. the inclusion of Bayonetta 1 along with 2 was a surprise and now I'm twice as sure to buy it.
the rest of both presentations were mostly reminders and secondary titles to fill the blanks in-between the big launches that while they looked nice, aren't all that interesting.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Last year it was ubisoft, this year my vote goes to nintendo. Not only were there decent announcements but the presentation was pretty good* (that opening fight should set a standard to everyone else :) ).

Ubisoft was a strong contender giving a great show and a good round of interesting games. Could've been a tie or even win it if nintendo hadn't had such a line-up.

Sony was decent as well. A decently deserved third spot. :)

Microsoft...I watched this last, so skipped through quite some third party games. They didn't slip up or anything, but that's pretty much it.

Finally...EA. That was just...no. I know their line-up of games that don't interest me is pretty much their entire line-up, but the more I watched it, the more I got the feeling they want to LOSE some fans.

*I wish I could say 'VERY good' but that yarn presentation dragged on a bit too long.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Sony showed that there will be good games, but there is no reason buying a PS4 instantly. The show was forgettable.

Isn't this line exactly the same for Nintendo? Almost all titles from the direct were "2015".

I'd say wait out on buying all current gen consoles, but who am I to say. I got a Wii U and a PS4 and have played both enough to say that I like them.

Reactions: VMM and TripleSMoon

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
You do realize Microsoft's conference was ENTIRELY games?

Just saying. That was their big shtick this year.

To be honest, I only watched half of Microsoft's conference, but what I saw was CGI trailer after CGI trailer. It's kinda difficult to get excited for something in its early stages. Especially when it's a new IP with no existing track record. That could just be me though. People did mention Advanced Warfare showed some gameplay, but that must been shown near the beginning when I wasn't watching. (And I despise FPSes so I doubt I would have enjoyed what was presented regardless.) Anyway, I just found E3 to be extremely underwhelming in general. So I'm truly in the same boat as Nathan. Each conference felt like a teaser trailer for next year's E3 when their actual "groundbreaking" announcements will be unveiled. A complete waste IMO.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over