Microsoft E3 2014 Conference - Recap

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by T-hug, Jun 9, 2014.

1. T-hug
    OP

T-hug Always like this.

pip Chief Editor
    Oct 24, 2002
    England
    [​IMG]
    ms.png
    Microsofts E3 2014 Press Conference has now finished.​
    Check out the following spoiler box to see the latest announcements, reveals and updates:​
    Warning: Spoilers inside!
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

:arrow:Watch Live

:arrow:GBAtemp Chatroom
    :arrow:Watch on Twitch

2. ShawnTRods

ShawnTRods GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 26, 2011
    London
    So far... NOTHING EXCITING!
    Looking forward to Witcher 3 though. For the PC!

TheCasketMan likes this.
  3. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    Dead Rising sounds fun; I can't wait for the PC version.

4. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Will have to watch the Ori stuff later when I get home, supposedly it looks pretty nice. Other than that, pretty much what I expect from MS.

EZ-Megaman likes this.
  5. WiiUBricker

WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    Omg, Call of Duty DLC first! I'm so going to buy an Xbox One now.

6. ShawnTRods

ShawnTRods GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 26, 2011
    London
    Scalebound or Scalehound or whatever the heck it was.. is it a RPG?

7. WiiUBricker

WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    I'm more excited for this than anything MS has shown so far:

8. Vengenceonu

Vengenceonu Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.

Jun 20, 2013
    United States
    The C Standard Library
    I would say INB4 "typical xbox/ms hate" or INB4 "looks great... for PC" but that's pretty much all this thread will be. People pointing out flaws.

9. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    New Call of Duty looks pretty good actually.

Assassin's Creed Unity looks like garbage.

Dragon Age Cisquisition looks like garbage.

Dead Rising DLC looks kinda fun actually.

Fable Legends looks bad. It's the concept that Ruin had but with more players.

Project Spark looks meh.

Master Chief Collection might be fun, at least gives the Xbox One a killer multiplayer app.

Inside looks so bad holy shit. I thought Limbo was overrated indie trash but this just takes it to a whole new level of pretentiousness and dullness.

Rise of the Tomb Raider looks meh.

The Witcher III looks bad.

What the fuck is Phantom Dust.

The Division looks kinda okay, wish they didn't have such awful players though. No one talks like that online.

Scalebound was a trailer but suck a dick Wonderful 11k Sales.

Kinda enjoyed the first Crackdown but it got old really fast. Dunno about this one.

EDIT:

Sunshit Overdrive looks so bad. From someone who loves Spyro and liked Ratchet and Clank, I mean what the fuck. For anyone thinking about this game, here's a little tidbit of info

INTERNET MEMES. SOCIAL COMMENTARY. This game is cancer.

Overall 6/10 not as bad as I thought.

TheCasketMan, Gahars and TyBlood13 like this.
  10. XrosBlader821

XrosBlader821 Digimon Tamer

Feb 1, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Yeah.. the most exiting stuff they shown is not Xbox exclusive.

EZ-Megaman and TheCasketMan like this.
  11. VashTS

VashTS Beat it, son

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Upstate NY
    I agree with Guild on COD...I first thought it looked awful, but this gameplay teaser made it look good. I like the multi-function grenades and the mech-enhanced characters. Rest didn't interest me - probably because I don't have a Bone.

12. Sakitoshi

Sakitoshi everything is going according the plan...

May 8, 2012
    Chile
    behind a keyboard or a gamepad
    I'm interested on Sunset Overdrive since is Insomniac, and Project Spark only for Conker. other than that everything looks pretty standard for Xbox.
    maybe once at home I'll watch the conference if single videos of the two I mentioned doesn't exist yet.
    anyway I'm expecting to see Sunset Overdrive on PS4 on the future, I bet is a timed exclusive.

13. BORTZ

BORTZ "Another stunning Van Gogh"

Supervisor
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    I cant believe im saying that a CoD game looks like fun...

Also do they know how stupid they sound? "First on xbox"?

EZ-Megaman likes this.
  14. Hyro-Sama

Hyro-Sama I'm from the fucking future.

Oct 25, 2009
    After Earth
    I didn't watch the conference, but there seem to be some games that caught my interest somewhat. Still not going to buy an Xbox One though. Most of the games will go multiplat eventually except for maybe, like, Halo.

15. Guild McCommunist

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone

It's published my Microsoft. Not that it's not possible, Mass Effect eventually got a PS3 release... but that was many years after the fact. Plus they seem to be promoting this as their big new XB1 IP so I don't think it'd go multiplat.

Just don't be holding out for a PS4 version of it.

16. jonesman99

jonesman99 GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid

Nov 10, 2008
    United States
    A Star Called Metropolis
    The only game that interested me was Crackdown and Sunset Overdrive to an extent, but if that game is how Guild just described it, then I would hope im not paying full price for a game that is basically being built up as I play.

17. Guild McCommunist

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone

To be fair it's more of a user generated content station than some developer needing to finish the game so they add a "cool new feature" to it.

But it supports shit like maymays and "social commentary" so it's basically cancer.

18. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    Last year was year of the bow, seeing some of these made me think it might be year of the spear this time around. Failing that it looks like the year of co-op.
    Both developments I can approve of.

COD advanced warfare
    So very scripted but the jump jets look like they might almost allow for a bit of a different approach to things at various points in time.

Forza 5 Nurbugring... I have the map in my toilet so I am kind of bored of it at this point. Top Gear made a comment once along the lines of cars built to do the Nurbugring are bad in the real world, I have to wonder if something similar happens to games that try to replicate it.
    Forza Horizon 2. A driving game, I am probably only marginally more in its audience than I am for a cricket game so I will leave it out.
    I will say though that instant join is a good idea. I had not expected people to start tackling bad network game UIs for a while yet.

EVOLVE
    The left4dead peeps decided borderlands was in by the looks of things. Especially that other video I saw.

Assassin's Creed unity.
    Diving through someone's house was nice, I have to wonder if it was just for that sequence though. Again co-op is good as far as I am concerned, I hope it is local.

Dragon Age inquisition.
    Witcher 3 probably stole its thunder but it looks like it could sink a few hours should I come out during a drier time or I have a spell with few games.

Sunset overdrive.
    Jet set radio with guns. Wacky shooting games are not really my thing, I did not care for nerf arena, I did not care for that batman game, I had some flashbacks to brink during that and otherwise meh. Others seemed to like it though.

Dead rising 3 arcade DLC, sorry for dead rising 3.

Dance central. Not sure why fantasia remixes are a good idea, also that star wars kinect game and how it turned out popped into my head.

Fable legends.
    Yay co-op, boo fable. Might be the first thing I see a second screen useful for something, the style of gameplay has kind of been done a few times before as well in games I have played on the PC and that does really well. The voiceovers from the characters might grate though. p1ngpong said "gears of fable" and I am inclined to agree.

Project spark.
    Minecraft meets little big planet. However I am not sure the devs took the right lessons from either of those.

There was a game using the "make a successful indy game formula", right now I am burned out on those.

Some Halo stuff. That halo is old enough to need remakes makes me feel really old. The clapping for the trophments thing, probably the most for things so far, caused me to wish forced sterilisation on those that did it.

Inside. See what I said for Ori above.

Scene
    post e3 2013.
    [MS PR]Lads we screwed up, Sony trounced us
    [PR droid 2] Why don't we copy what made them good
    [PR 3] That is hard, what about an indy showcase?
    [MS PR]Glad we have you boys onboard.

Rise of the tomb raider... what a name. Also I think people were joking when they wondered if Lara Croft was a psychopath. I am curious to see how many people were surprised when they revealed it was her.

Witcher 3. Wild hunt.
    Will probably be a very solid Euro RPG type thing that I really enjoy. Probably what Two Worlds 2 wanted to be and I really liked Two worlds 2. I will probably still wait for the eventual remake/gold edition on the PC though.

"Killer instinct creators. Phantom Dust. CGI trailer." If they are not going to make any effort then you might as well have my notes on the matter. I have no idea what Phantom Dust is though, and I try to know what goes on MS' consoles.

Scalebound. I truly hope this kills monster hunter, or is at least something I can point to and say "that". Being xbone only it will not happen but monster hunter deserves all the bashing it gets.

The division. I know this is a stage show with limited time but that mission can't have been more than 180 seconds.

Crackdown was mentioned, several bits of which look like it might say property of 3rd street saints. I am a bit wary of humour games after overstrike/Fuse.

Qtis likes this.
  19. jonthedit

jonthedit GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 30, 2011
    Bangladesh
    I am totally excited for AC Unity! Assuming the CoOp is optional and is the full story line.
    ACIII sucked, ACIV was much better, and now Unity will HOPEFULLY NOT BLOW IT and have the Storyline with CoOp.

20. mightymuffy

mightymuffy fatbaldpieeater

GBAtemp Patron
    mightymuffy is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 6, 2002
    United Kingdom
    Wigan, land of the Pies
    Much better than last year, but that was always going to happen: If they didn't even show up it'd have been netter than last year! :D

COD advanced warfare - Best thing CoD I've seen in a while, though that's not saying much. Looks like they've upped their game....
    Forza Horizon 2 - Oh aye, bring it on! No surprises here of course since it was already announced, but yep it's on my list! :D
    Evolve - Oh look another shooter - 'Yay'
    AC Unity - Not exactly the worlds biggest AC fan. Looks pretty, that is all.
    Dragon Age inquisition - Read AC Unity, but take off the looks pretty bit, didn't even have that going for it...
    Sunset overdrive - Can't decide on this: I was interested at first, but forgot all about it once they showed the DR3 DLC stuff, which looked great fun!
    Fable legends - Don't even get me started... love the gameworld, hate the games, and this looked even worse.
    Project spark - Had a dick about with the beta already on both the One and a PC, 's-OK, I'd play with this before LBP, but still meh at the moment.
    Halo 5 - Not a Halo fan
    Halo Collection - ditto
    Witcher 3 - Never played Witcher games yet, looks pretty.... Could see myself enjoying this if I got it.
    TCs Division - Oh look another shooter - 'Yay'
    Crackdown - Finished on a high! Wasn't really expecting this, so well chuffed. Really enjoyed the first Crackdown, and didn't see any zombies so it looks like a return to roots. Destructable buildings perhaps? Yeah I'll have that..... star of the show for me, though it's likely gonna be next e3 before we see any gameplay footage....

The rest wasn't worth talking about - couple of interesting looking games in the Indie reel but I can't be arsed finding out the names... All in all a good start, and I'd say the best MS e3 show in a good few years - your turn Sony! (fukk the EA & Ubisoft shows!)