Hacking [PPOTW] Will you buy a Gateway 3DS flashcard?

Will you buy a Gateway 3DS flashcard?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
I have no interest in this flashcart, especially at the price they're selling it at.

tbh, if it was half the price it is now i still wouldn't make the purchase.

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't own a 3DS yet, so I voted no of course lol

Doesn't seem like enough reason to worry about a flash card yet? On the DS I picked up flash cards because I couldn't carry all of my games with me anymore...

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
When proper flashcarts roll out or when the Gateway is updated to the point where it can run unsigned code, I may very well throw some money in Nintendo's face and buy a 3DS as well as a flashcart. For now, I'm not particularily interested.

Chaossaturn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am waiting for the bigger better deal, hopefully the supercard team enter the game or better yet a softmod becomes available.

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really think some people got spoiled on the prices of DS and late GBA flashcarts, because the price is more than reasonable. However, the team behind it seems somewhat sketchy, and since somehow I've ended up going 90% digital anyways, it's not something I really need; SMT IV aside, all my games are already on an SD card. Unlike other flashcarts, this thing is purely a piracy device - it doesn't do anything the 3DS can't already. No homebrew or anything. There's just no reason to pay for this when I can buy digital and not miss out on anything.

Reactions: Celice

mkdms14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it did a fraction of what the dstwo could do then maybe but since it is extremely limited on what it can do and the fact it is not truly homebew just a 1:1, I see more disadvantages than advantages with it right now maybe after in goes through some major improvements will I think about it.

Cartmanuk

Trophies
XP
Country
As a Flashcard collector, I need a few.

Its the first cart for the 3DS that will play 3DS roms and current compatibility is not bad.

xcrimsonstormx

He called me a Nerd, I called him an Ambulance.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No I won't because partly of the 80 dollar price tag plus my 3DS doesn't have 4.5 firmware plus something else will probably come out that's cheaper and more efficient. This is just the start!D:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.