[PPOTW] After last weeks Gamescom, are you more or less interested in the PS Vita?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by T-hug, Aug 25, 2013.

?

Did Gamescom make you think more, or less about the PS Vita?

1. I am more interested in buying a Vita

14.0%
  2. I am less interested in buying a Vita

24.7%
  3. I own a Vita and am happy with it and its future

20.8%
  4. I own a Vita and am unhappy with it and its future

8.9%
  5. I am still undecided and am waiting for more announcements

26.3%
  6. Other (please specify)

12.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. T-hug
    OP

T-hug Always like this.

pip Chief Editor
    Oct 24, 2002
    England
    So Gamescom has been and gone, and Sony's conference had quite a lot of time focused on the Vita.
    Are you now more interested in the Vita? Less interested?
    Do you own one and are happy with the line up? Have you previously been on the fence but now with the upcoming PS4 remote play and indie avalanche of games coming, considering buying one?
    Let us know in the comments!

Previous Week - Are you looking forward to Gamescom this week?
    Week 9 - Which company has the best online infrastructure?
    Week 8 - Which is better android or ios?
    Week 7 - Which August game release are you most looking forward to?
    Week 6 - Will you be buying GTA V?
    Week 5 - Will you buy a Gateway 3DS Flashcard?
    Week 4 - Which system has the best controller?
    Week 3 - Have you preordered a nextgen console yet?
    Week 2 - Now MS has backtracked, will you?
    Week 1 - Who will sell the most hardware next gen?

If you have an idea for a poll you would like to see on the portal just send me a PM with PPOTW in the title and your questions and answers for the poll.

2. Wombo Combo

Wombo Combo That Ain't Falco

Mar 17, 2010
    United States
    Less because the memory cards prices are still too high.

3. TyBlood13

TyBlood13 Weeaboo Trash

Jul 1, 2012
    United States
    Kentucky
    I'll say more now there's a price cut and Minecraft. If the port turns out to be good, I might pick up a vita with some other games the interested me in the past.

4. Bonny

Bonny GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 8, 2008
    Germany
    Bavaria
    I'am waiting for a real cool color or a nifty special edition. Like i always do since 2007. My console collection is already big enough.

5. emigre

emigre Has complex motives

Jan 28, 2009
    London
    I own a Vita and I think its doomed.

6. GameWinner

GameWinner Take your heart

Jun 14, 2009
    United States
    Yeah, I'm still happy with my Vita. Finally got a cheaper 32GB card so I'm even more happier.

7. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    I actually know surprisingly little of the vita in general and gamescom did nothing to change that (mainly as the only thing I can remember from it was something about the price and that matters little to me).
    That said unless it gains some transcendent copies of games I like I will probably stick to the "pick it up when it has finished its run" routine, maybe slightly sooner if it ends up with a good homebrew scene. Though looking back on it the PSP is mainly used to listen to music, audiobooks, podcasts and to be an ereader before I was given an old laptop that has enough grunt to run calibre.

8. decemberchild

decemberchild latecomer

Newcomer
    Dec 1, 2011
    United States
    Yeah I have a vita as well. Bar none it is the best piece of portable hardware ever made to play games. With that said, I have found very few games that I will even buy on it and the ones I've bought, most I didn't even like. Honestly the only game I have bought on the system and liked is gravity rush.

FireValk01 likes this.
  9. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

GBAtemp Patron
    Hells Malice is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 9, 2009
    Canada
    Bought my vita near launch and got my moneys worth ages ago.
    Had a lot of fun on it, and the thing was awesome to watch anime/movies on my billions of flights I had this summer.

But I do hope some more people grab one and realize how awesome the thing is. My 3DS would go unused if not for the DS games I keep playing on it. I rarely play 3DS games.
    One thing people really need to stop crying about is memory cards. If you don't want to spend so much, get the cheapest one you can find and don't buy digital games. Its really that easy.
    Then once you realize the thing is really fun you can invest in a proper card and have even more fun with it. PSP and classic games look glorious on the vita.
    My 16gb card is plenty. I rarely have space issues. I have a ton of stuff crammed onto the thing too.

10. mightymuffy

mightymuffy fatbaldpieeater

GBAtemp Patron
    mightymuffy is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 6, 2002
    United Kingdom
    Wigan, land of the Pies
    ....Actually bought one the day before Gamescom so the announced price drop wasn't that welcome :lol: (Picked up the mega game pack for £170 though which is still a good deal)
    Watching the remote play in action at the Sony presentation was good (half the reason I bought the thing!), and the dark themed Mura-whatever it was called where you hold the little girl thing's hand, that looked great, but the big name announcement being Borderlands 2?! Come on.
    As a handheld competing against the 3DS, well it looked like they've given up that ghost at Gamescom, but as a companion to the PS4, and a sweet deal for Plus subscribers, it's a great purchase - were I using Gamescom as a decider whether to buy the thing or not though, I'd probably have passed (especially if PS4 remote play didn't appeal)

11. Thanatos Telos

Thanatos Telos random stuff

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    *Implying that I can care less about it.

12. ThatDudeWithTheFood

ThatDudeWithTheFood TRIANGLEZ

Mar 9, 2009
    United States
    Illuminati
    I have a Vita and while it is a flop sales wise it's a very enjoyable device.
    I don't have that many games for it but it's good when you are traveling as you can watch videos and listen to music.
    Also PSP games are very cheap on PSN and they are great fun.

13. Issac

Issac I

Global Moderator
    GBAtemp Patron
    Issac is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 10, 2004
    Sweden
    Sweden
    If the price drop actually comes over here (as far as I know, it costs just as much as it always have here...) I'm interested. Now, I didn't follow gamescom and have no idea what was talked about except a price drop and minecraft.
    I want to play persona 4, that odd silent hill game and a few other games perhaps. I just find it too expensive for me at the moment, since I don't have any money at all Haha :D

14. RedCoreZero

RedCoreZero Creativity is Power

Banned
    Nov 12, 2012
    United States
    Lived in Florida
    10.9% of people were Nintendo fanboys.

15. orcid

orcid GBAtemp Fan

Sep 14, 2009
    Australia
    Nothing really changed. The vita was 199 Euro in many shops before the gamescon. So there is not really a price drop.
    They showed the ps4 remote play, but not in such a way that you really know how flawlessly it will work and if it is as comfortable as switching to the pad on the wii U.

16. RedCoreZero

RedCoreZero Creativity is Power

Banned
    Nov 12, 2012
    United States
    Lived in Florida
    I don't have a Vita which opt do I pick?

EDIT: I picked all.

17. GreatCrippler

GreatCrippler Greatness Fallen

Mar 27, 2010
    United States
    How can the majority of votes be "Less interested?" They are lowering the price, and making more games for it. "That makes me dislike it more!" I don't care if you had no interest before, and no interest now, but what part of any of this makes you want it less?

18. Forstride

Forstride The rudder moves when I turn the wheel

May 6, 2008
    United States
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I'm slightly more interested, but it's still not enough for me to warrant a purchase.

19. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    I'm really not one for handhelds, so unless this thing starts dispensing assault rifles and candy bars, no change in policy was going to make it a "must buy" for me.

Still, I'm glad to see Sony taking some action to help the Vita. It's long past due, but hey, at least it's something.

20. -Hero-

-Hero- Member

Newcomer
    Nov 5, 2012
    United States
    Price drop is nice.

Still not interested.