Hacking Zettai Zetsumei Toshi 3

shaolinphil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Good news guys.

We have written permission to use the guide :)

Dunken DeeFebruary 26, 2014 at 5:45 PM
Hi and thanks for your guide.

I and a group of others are thinking of attempting an English translation of This game as it looks like it will never happen otherwise. Would it be okay to use your guide to make things much easier for us? You would be properly credited of course.

Let me know if you are happy with this :)

DD
ReplyDelete

Replies

1. HazanAVY.jpg
    おしゃれ刑事March 1, 2014 at 4:34 AM
    No problem. Please keep me posted on how the effort is going. If there's anything else, I'll be happy to answer any other questions.

Reactions: omarrrio

shaolinphil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hell yeah! Let's do this!

If anyone reading this wants to help out cos it's a pretty huge task, but much easier/faster if there is a group of us working on it.

First thing I guess is find someone who can extract and make available the Bin files so the Japanese text can be seen and edited. Is this doable through notepad? Forgive my noobishness. I have never done anything like this before. I work as a screenwriter but most hacking etc is beyond me.

Once that is done then Correct me if I am wrong but then it's simply just a case of finding the right English text in the guide that matches the Japanese in the BIN files and copying/pasting it over?

If that is the case we can assign different people to translate different chapters/days in the guide, and some people to work on menus etc.

Once that is done then we just need to find a way to reassemble the translated Eboot file so it works, obviously.

Easy as that :P Or not :P

So anyone who wants to help please post below. :)

shaolinphil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
omarrio has two people working on the translation :) Thanks guys! I am sure many non-Japanese speaking people look forward to playing this game :)

Kelebek

Trophies
XP
Country
You were already updating that properly last I checked the program. Hmm. Even just extracting one of the files and then re-inserting it again causes the game to crash for me. Tried it with the same LBA as well. Anything specific needed for reinserting the files back into the UMD?

Although in saying that, enforcing the file positions using the import/export file lists works, but I'm sure that would break things too after too much editing, since all the filesizes are going to increase.

omarrrio

Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
You were already updating that properly last I checked the program. Hmm. Even just extracting one of the files and then re-inserting it again causes the game to crash for me. Tried it with the same LBA as well. Anything specific needed for reinserting the files back into the UMD?

Although in saying that, enforcing the file positions using the import/export file lists works, but I'm sure that would break things too after too much editing, since all the filesizes are going to increase.

umdgen creates a smaller iso, so the lba might be on the same iso size, it works if you don't change the size, i hard put the files inside the iso itself and it ran, but then again, thanks to ppsspp, the button commands die after i try to chose the gender.

Kelebek

Trophies
XP
Country
How did you make UMDGen not resize the ISO? I couldn't find a way to prevent it from trimming.

About the commands being lost though, yeah it's a pain. According to https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/issues/4901 commenting those 2 SyncThread calls made it work, but it doesn't anymore, still broken. So you'll probably need to grab an old version,
v0.8.1-1220 should work, right before the commit that broke it.

Riku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
omarrrio tool for text insertion works fine, but english font looks bad and there's issue with limited space in dialog boxes and talker name.

FICWpl3.png

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
omarrrio tool for text insertion works fine, but english font looks bad and there's issue with limited space in dialog boxes and talker name.

FICWpl3.png

Ohohoho :D
Congratulations on succeeding to do that much...
But this game was thought for a Japanese audience and thus all letters are the same 16px width. You have three solutions:

1/modify the programming of the game to make the letters all 8 pixels instead of 16 (hard), or ideally program a variable width font routine (harder).
needs good mips assembly knowledge, and use of the PPSSPP debugger to find the text routine and inject a modified one somehow in the eboot or the relevant area in the iso.
Hard. Or you might want to get help from someone who can do it.

2/find the font file inside the iso. modify it and draw a new English font that's 16 pixels and at the same time doesn't seem ugly.

modify the text so that a single line doesn't exceed 25 lines (use the byte the game uses for line breaks)
and the onscreen text doesn't overflow outside the screen (use the byte the game uses to make that red cursor appear: you'll divide the text to two dialogues essentially... this is a valid solution that Atlus recently used for their SMT I iOS translation, and the Megaman Zero/ZX series and other games were using for ages since the Famicom era)
Moderate

3/deal with it
(only do the text formatting like I said above, and leave the ugly presentation: games like Terranigma even shipped that way commercially)
Easiest/Laziest

TwistedZeon

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is anyone still working on this? I got pretty excited when I saw some people finally taking action and translating the actual game itself. Then again most things I get excited over usually die off or don't happen (Yakuza 5, Shenmue 3, and PSO2 I'm looking at you). I don't have any experience in translating a game and I'm not an idiot with computers but I'm sure if there is something someone could easily explain then I can help out. I'd love to play this game without looking at a paper every 2 minuets.

shaolinphil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I really hope this gets translated. I did play through the game using the guide and it is a great game. Seeing what Riku has done in the post above really gives me hope this might be done!

Any hackers out there who can do any of what Ghanmi suggests about the font spacing problem? Maybe if someone knows how to modify the programming to make the font size smaller, that would be amazing. As it is the font looks okay, but more space would make it a lot better.

Thanks for all yor hard work so far everyone has had a go at doing this. I really hope progress can continue!

BlackCrows

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
are you guys still working on this? I am excited about this, cause I really like raw danger on ps2, but I haven't played this game because no fans translation available, maybe I could help :lol:

AdanK85

Game Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Looks fun... I love this kind of games lolz.

Gonna have a look at omarrrio's tool.

Edit: Weird chrome blocking its download... will try again later.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto