Hacking Zettai Zetsumei Toshi 3

JamRules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking at it the name text seems to be center-aligned, I can probably shift it right but an idea of the max letters would help get a good position. And anymore than 12 and it'll go past the extended area for it on the background.

JamRules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just your opinion on if it matters that the text will expand the background area, the choices are:
-put all names as 12 letter or less
-or move the text right and just ignore the fact the text exceeds the background

TwistedZeon

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you! Your interest in this project helps.

JamRules, I have fixed the line with "mall" in it. The lines are 44 characters long.

ULJS00191_00000_zps40da8e9a.jpg

JamRules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are planning to start a proper translation project and to release a full patch it might be nice to start your own thread,
this one's a bit of a mess. Though I suppose that could wait till your ready for release.

TwistedZeon

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Also, do you think the LBA protection could be removed? Without that gone it would prevent things such as translated videos and possibly (translated images(This much I haven't delve into yet.))

TwistedZeon

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you are planning to start a proper translation project and to release a full patch it might be nice to start your own thread,
this one's a bit of a mess. Though I suppose that could wait till your ready for release.

Well I am planning on this to try and be a proper translation project, and I do indeed plan to release a full patch (The english world needs this game). I have thought about starting my own topic I'm just not sure how I am going to layout the front page.

JamRules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I took a brief look and there doesn't seem to be a list of file names in the eboot so no obvious LBA,
I would recommend taking the size of a file, converting to bytes and hex searching for it.

It might not be possible to outright remove the LBA since it may be used to determine how much RAM to allocate when loading files, Final Promise Story had this so only part of the would be loaded without edit

As for the front page look at some other projects, not the best but these are the two others I'm working on

http://gbatemp.net/threads/sol-trigger-english-translation.346809/
http://gbatemp.net/threads/phantasy-star-portable-2-infinity-english-translation.368328/

TwistedZeon

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I see, Well the movie I'm trying to replace is 12,118,016 bytes. I opened the eboot in a hex editor but I'm lost.
Another thing, were you able to shift the text to fit properly?

Lastly, I now have a good idea of how the front page should look. I might try to get one up today. Would you like to be part of the team? Or just credited? And if credited how would you like it to be written?

Sorry for all the questions.

JamRules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Convert the bytes to hex so 12,118,016 is either 00b8e800 or 00e8b800 depending on endian, then use find (ctrl-f) to search for the hex string.

My main priority is to get Sol Trigger done but if your not in a rush you can list me as part of the team and I'll try to look at the LBA and the text shifting when I have time

TwistedZeon

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well I tried both of those, didn't turn up a single result.

I understand that. I am by no means in a rush to get this done, I would rather take my time and do this right. I'll list you as part of the team then, Thank you for helping out as much as you have. Do those things when ever you want, just don't feel rushed.

JamRules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll probably get the text shifting done tonight or tomorrow since that should be simple,
but as for the LBA I have no idea since I haven't started looking yet.

It'll be nice to see this get an English release after the tragic circumstances around Summer Memories

TwistedZeon

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That sounds wonderful.

Yeah it will be nice to get this out in English, It is sad what happened with Summer Memories I remember watching it as it started and then came to an end.

JamRules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks good, you could put a progress section something like

Progress:

Text Insertion tools: done (thanks Omarrrio)
Translations: done (thanks おしゃれ刑事)
Font: In progress
Text typesetting, grammar and spelling checking and insertion
Text insertion
-menus: n%
-dialogue: n%
-items: n%
-tutorials/help:n%

Edit: I looked at the choice text again and it seems that it is also center aligned to fit the largest choice.
If you reduce the length of all choices it should fix the alignment

JamRules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems good, you might want to add extra sections if more exist (I can't remember since I played the game years ago)

Also I think if you redo the choice text shorter it'll fix the alignment problem, I don't think it would be a good Idea to shift it it's center aligned. New line chars will hopefully work.

Edit:
also for the progress list
-replace menu images (no idea how to do this though)
-asm hack the system language (e.g. for save/load and home button) (this I can do)

Also if you have a text file ready that is too big and breaks the LBA it'll be helpful to test with

Edit 2:
Actually I just tested and your text file is bigger than the original and it works no problem.
Maybe you were inserting the movie wrong?

TwistedZeon

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Where's everybody?