Zettai Zetsumei Toshi 3

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by shaolinphil, Mar 29, 2013.

1. TwistedZeon

TwistedZeon Zettai Zetsumei Toshi 3 Translation Project Leader

May 15, 2014
    Canada
    Alrighty, so now I have got everything together and translated a line of text to English there is only one problem.. The font/text. It appears that it is not a simple thing that I myself can fix. I really could use the help of someone who knows ASM to help me make the text gaps/spaces smaller to look better and fit more text.

[​IMG]

2. TwistedZeon

May 15, 2014
    Canada
    Sorry for the double post but I just wanted to show something different to show some progress (if you could call it that). I really cannot do much more without the help of someone to fix the text spacing.

[​IMG]

3. TwistedZeon

May 15, 2014
    Canada
    So I spent most of yesterday and last night working on this opening for the male character. I was able to extract the avi and wav from the pmf, edit in the translated subtitles, and I converted them back to pmf. My problem right now is that I cannot get it back into the iso and load, it only goes to a black screen. Also when I rebuild the iso with my movie in it the size goes from 1.59gb to 4.01gb yet the original movie is only 11.6 megs and mine is 11.7.. Any who I have uploaded the video to show the progress I at least made with it. If anyone can help me figure this out that would be greatly appreciated.

4. JamRules

JamRules .....

Jan 9, 2014
    United States
    If your using UMDGen are you making sure to export and import the file list before replacing files.
    If not go to File, FileList, Export and then immediately import. Also I think 4 may be bugged so I recommend UMDGen 3.5.

Additionally if the game hangs after the movie finishes make sure you hex edit the pmf header

I also took a look at the font and it looks like it could be more difficult to alter than usual as the text is created as a new texture and displayed as a single quad, (opposed to a quad per char). The letters are generated using sceFont it seems (sceFontGetCharInfo, sceFontGetCharGlyphImage).

5. TwistedZeon

May 15, 2014
    Canada
    I've been importing the file list all along, I was using UMDGen 4 but I just tried 3.5 and still no difference. I think It has some stupid size check deep within it's files.

As for the font yeah I have no clue how to do it, I've talked to someone who knows ASM well and he has said sometime next week he might be able to take a look at it. Hopefully we can get past that much. AS for this size check system, this might just kill the project.

6. JamRules

JamRules .....

Jan 9, 2014
    United States
    Actually just finished the font, took 4 hours but I managed to asm hack the text, I'll upload a modified eboot when I get time.

[​IMG]

GHANMI, NicoBlogs and TwistedZeon like this.
  7. TwistedZeon

May 15, 2014
    Canada
    O_O Wow, I definitely wasn't expecting this. You have my absolute gratitude, My every thanks. This gives me the fire again to keep going. I honestly was feeling defeated by this game. You will be getting full credit. Once again thank you, you made my day.

8. JamRules

JamRules .....

Jan 9, 2014
    United States
    I hope you managed to finish the project as I really enjoyed the game when it came out.
    Also if there is some LBA protection (size protection) I guess it'll be in the eboot

9. TwistedZeon

May 15, 2014
    Canada
    I will definitely keep at it, I want to finish this. I don't care how long it'll take me to do it, it's just that these few things I ran into are beyond my knowledge and were stopping me. I will once again be able to continue progress. It's just me doing this, my friend helps me when I need it mostly for translating lines I don't have translations for. So yeah. Any who, Yeah it is LBA protection which would be once again beyond me.

10. JamRules

JamRules .....

Jan 9, 2014
    United States
    Out of interest how were you able to replace the text without the LBA being a problem?
    Or more precisely without the file positions changing

11. TwistedZeon

May 15, 2014
    Canada
    Honestly, I'm not sure. I would use omarrio's tool to edit the text in the bins and then reinsert them back into the iso, then import the lba file and save it. It would always work, though I did have to delete some pgk files in the archive folder for the game to instead look at the bins for the text.

12. JamRules

JamRules .....

Jan 9, 2014
    United States
    I think UMDGen was bugging out, got it working now and tested the new eboot which seems to work. I've attached it to this post.
    Japanese text is broken because it overlaps but this shouldn't be a problem for a full translation.
    Also spacing may need some adjusting since I guessed the sizes, make a post and I'll alter it

Attached Files:

TwistedZeon likes this.
  13. TwistedZeon

May 15, 2014
    Canada
    Thank you for the file. I do have a question, were you using ppsspp in the photo above? I ask this because the photo is past the character select screen which for me is where my control input dies. I was wondering if you got past that somehow.

14. JamRules

JamRules .....

Jan 9, 2014
    United States
    Yes it's PPSSPP, I believe there's a multi-threading related bug on the character select screen but if you have an existing new game+ save you can start straight from the beginning cutscene. Luckily I had one from when I played years ago (though I lost my others), I've added it to the post

Attached Files:

15. TwistedZeon

May 15, 2014
    Canada
    Thank you for the save file, it'll make it quicker to test the game now instead of putting it on my psp every time.
    I have taken photos of the text now with your eboot. The font does need some adjusting. I can give you the translated files if it makes it easier.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

JamRules likes this.
  16. TwistedZeon

May 15, 2014
    Canada
    Also, the main characters first and last name is limited to 4 characters. Is this changeable?

17. JamRules

JamRules .....

Jan 9, 2014
    United States
    The translated files would be a be help. From the pictures it seems to be looking quite good now, much better than before.
    It terms of adjustments the spacing looks fine so I'll leave that, but the text needs shifting to the right so it fits onscreen. I'll fix that when I have time so probably not immediately but I already have some idea on how to do it.

The names will be hard to change since PPSSPP doesn't work with character screens, JPCSP might work though

18. TwistedZeon

May 15, 2014
    Canada
    Alright, I have attached the translated files.

Attached Files:

• JP.zip
      File size:
      7.9 KB
      Views:
  19. JamRules

JamRules .....

Jan 9, 2014
    United States
    Thanks.

Also I would suggest that you count the maximum number of letters per row and add line breaks instead of letting it do it automatically which seems to be whats happening e.g mall. Though this may have to wait till I've fixed the alignment so you can get a good count

Edit: actually the max is likely 43

20. TwistedZeon

May 15, 2014
    Canada
    You're welcome.

That would make it look better. I did notice that while taking the photo with the word mall.