Gaming Zelda Spirit Tracks really not that good

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I feel the train is no more stupid than the ship. You have to give the game credit for having some pretty impressive dungeons but handheld games are meant to peak your interest in the short term. A five minute trip, train or ship (that rhymes
smile.gif
), is far too long.

The flute issue, I can see where that would be a problem for you because you play the game in public. I didn't have a problem because I played the game while I was in alone at home. I didn't care how stupid I looked because nobody was there and any noises from the TV were not enough to affect the microphone.

Again, I don't see this game being more childish than the first game. There's nothing more to say, I just can't see it. Okay, maybe Zelda is annoying, but it does add to the game and Princess Peach is a bitch as well. Nintendo likes making little boys hate women.

OneUp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I thought zelda's reactions were about what I would expect from a girl her age. And mice is zelda's only weakness as a phantom-she is otherwise invulnerable.

I did find the train part kinda boring, but the boat in PH was equally so. I didn't find much of a chance to customize it though part of that no overworld idea i guess.

The flute was kinda hard till I figured out to keep blowing and move to the notes that need to be played.

Also spirit tower>ocean temple. The ocean temple was way more annoying than anything in spirit tracks. The dungeons and bosses are all fun and creative.

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
nah, the flute part isnt that hard, but what is hard is the sand temple boss and the floor 30 and beyond, the difficutly level feels ramped up a notch for me
frown.gif

Also, u think blowing in public is bad, wait till u actually get till the fortune teller, she was asking me questions and one of them was about the color of my eyes, so i had to say black, but it didnt register so i started talking louder "black, black, black, black... "

Thankfully, i didnt get punched.

ShinRyouma

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
mrfatso said:
Also, u think blowing in public is bad, wait till u actually get till the fortune teller, she was asking me questions and one of them was about the color of my eyes, so i had to say black, but it didnt register so i started talking louder "black, black, black, black... "
mrfatso, you're joking right? At first I said "black" too, from her reply I know that Spirit Tracks can't recognize the words we say (it only recognize a sound is input through the mike), so I blow into the mike everytime she ask question.

Off topic, can Phoenix Wright games recognize words? Or are they just like Spirit Tracks?

Velveteer

Trophies
XP
Country
ShinRyouma said:
mrfatso said:
mrfatso, you're joking right? At first I said "black" too, from her reply I know that Spirit Tracks can't recognize the words we say (it only recognize a sound is input through the mike), so I blow into the mike everytime she ask question.

Off topic, can Phoenix Wright games recognize words? Or are they just like Spirit Tracks?
No, they need the words, and they also have to be said very specifically, with the same tone/expression as Phoenix does, or it doesn't pick it up. I find the French version is a little less moody with the accuracy, although that may be because of my Australian accent slipping through in the English version.

I didn't even answer the damn fortune teller, and I got a response as if I had. ...I'm not that shy, I just didn't want to shout at the DS late a night when everyone was asleep.
biggrin.gif

Right, now here's my rant:

The game's graphics can be incredible, as seen in boss battles, and most general close-up sequences. Why do they have to use some stupid novelty like controlling Link with a Stylus and piloting very limited (in the Train's case) vehicles around a barren, yet time consuming map? They should either take the Minish Cap approach with the improved graphics, or just with the good old, OoT/MM/WW style - which is perfectly viable.

Despite my general frustration with the game, I actually like the Spirit Flute. It's the first Zelda instrument where timing is actually somewhat important.

alucard77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't say playing the flute was actually hard. It's that I am 32 years old, and on my train going to work with all other people going to work. So for me to sit there to blow into the Mic makes me look like a freak.

The beat keeping is just done because of rb and gh, it's not an original idea, so that is why it annoys me. It's not that it's hard to do. I had him tell me once I was off beat, but it was because the noise from the train moving, not because I blew a wrong note.

Some people mentioned to keep blowing, so I may just keep doing that. But I really perfer OoT over this any day.

In Phanton Hour Glass, I use to flick my finger across the mic for certain areas you had to blow. So I was fine with it there. This is a bit much. From what I read, it seems like the Mic thing only gets worse.

Also, I agree with the person that mentioned there should be an option to just get there on the train, instead of having to wait the 2 minutes or whatever to get there. I have yet to play far enough into the game to see that you can upgrade your train. So maybe that will be good.

referencer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
alucard77 said:
freaking out because some one was going to wear her body
Most girls I know would be pretty upset if someone else was "wearing" their body.

At least, I know what I would do if I were wearing Zelda's body
smileipb2.png

rwn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alucard77 said:
I decided to wait till the new year to play Spirit Tracks since I knew I would have more time to devote to it. So I played for like 3 hours yesterday. I have to say that my initial reaction to the game was not good.

I was really excited about the game at first which may have been a mistake. Here are the problems I have with the game:

1- I haven't played Phantom Hour Glass in a long time, but I don't remember that game being as Childish as this game. This games seems like it was more intended for a 7 year old, then for all ages. Not all aspects of the game, but definately the script of the game. It seems that most cut scenes have some dumb misguided childish moment in it.

2- I have a huge problem with Zelda. If I knew she was going to be this annoying I would have never resecued her over 20 years ago on the NES system. I would have let her die and the world be taken over by darkness. It would have been better then seeing her get freaked out by Mice, freaking out because some one was going to wear her body, and just bitching all the time.

3- The whole Spirit Tracks concept is weak. The reason why Phantom Hour Glass worked for me, is because it was still cool to explore the ocean, in it's vastness. Rail Road tracks are a 1 way type of thing. You stay on the tracks and look around. I'm sorry, not my idea of exploration. Also, the whole blowing your whistle to scare the animals attacking your train, is well, retarded. Not to mention, I don't see the point of having to sit and watch the train move. It just adds to the game play time with uselessness.

4- The spirit flute is also annoying. I am sorry, I play this game ironically enough on my train to work. I don't need the guy next to me looking at me blowing into my micro thinking what the hell is this idiot doing. Not to mention that the microphone picks up on loud noises, so it blows false notes. Also, I am not playing freaking Rock Band, I don't want to listen for the timing of the music, and play the notes accordingly. In Ocrania of time, you played the ocrania with the right notes and wala, it played. Nothing like your timing is off. Go screw yourself with the timing. I can get the freaking timing, but stop blowing false notes because of ambient noise.

Now, I will most likely beat this game as I try to beat all the zelda games I can, so I may end up liking it. But for 3 hours in, this is how I feel. Definately don't feel as good about this as about Phantom Hourglass. Hopefully that opinion eventually changes. What are your guys feelings.

QUOTE(alucard77 @ Jan 8 2010, 05:52 AM) I didn't say playing the flute was actually hard. It's that I am 32 years old, and on my train going to work with all other people going to work. So for me to sit there to blow into the Mic makes me look like a freak.

The beat keeping is just done because of rb and gh, it's not an original idea, so that is why it annoys me. It's not that it's hard to do. I had him tell me once I was off beat, but it was because the noise from the train moving, not because I blew a wrong note.

Some people mentioned to keep blowing, so I may just keep doing that. But I really perfer OoT over this any day.

In Phanton Hour Glass, I use to flick my finger across the mic for certain areas you had to blow. So I was fine with it there. This is a bit much. From what I read, it seems like the Mic thing only gets worse.

Also, I agree with the person that mentioned there should be an option to just get there on the train, instead of having to wait the 2 minutes or whatever to get there. I have yet to play far enough into the game to see that you can upgrade your train. So maybe that will be good.

i must agree... this game is seriously lacking but what is it lacking... ooohhhhh yea a decent story. and decent game play. i'm sure i'm not the only one tired with the same ole game mechanics... come one people try something new... don't stick with what you think will work... if this keeps up zelda will die off...(like she did in a link to the past if i remember correctly)

and the train upgrading doesn't exist... it just makes it look fancy. other than that no difference

rockmanmegaman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I think they should just stop this Zelda series (not the whole entire series, but the "wind waker" series), as the plot is getting less and less interesting, we already know the character, there won't be anymore story to learn about them, etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Am I [R WORD]?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what thread?