(Zelda BOTW) cannot swim under water

Discussion in 'Wii U - Games & Content' started by TheTechGenius, May 13, 2017.

1. TheTechGenius
    OP

TheTechGenius </Web Dev>

Apr 7, 2017
    United States
    Does anyone know why Nintendo decided to not include under water swimming in BOTW?

Ocarina of Time had under water swimming, and even an entire under water dungeon. It was one of the best dungeons in the game. And under water swimming and exploring gave the game so much "depth".

Even though BOTW has so much depth already, I think under water swimming and exploring could have given the game even more depth. It could of been very cool.

Does anyone know why Nintendo didn't put in under water swimming in BOTW? Does anyone agree with me?

2. wolf-snake

wolf-snake GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 5, 2009
    Mexico
    Diving underwater is the worst part of a 3d zelda game so i glad they got rid of it.

azoreseuropa and frogboy like this.
  3. TheTechGenius
    OP

TheTechGenius </Web Dev>

Apr 7, 2017
    United States
    Really? I thought it was pretty cool. Lol

4. baselhamad

baselhamad "F*CK israel", Free Free Palestine #فلسطيني_وأفتخر

Mar 27, 2016
    United States
    Bethlehem, West Bank. Palestine
    there's no need to dive down in swimming, there's nothing cool under water because you have a magnet in your sheikah slate and it can pull up treasures and boxes from under water

5. wolf-snake

Feb 5, 2009
    Mexico
    Ocarina of time underwater sections were a pain to say the least, it was kinda fixed on the 3DS version, Majora's got it backwards, it was pretty good on the n64, they kinda nerfed it on the 3DS version. Wind Waker doesn't have any underwater sections, Twilight Princess underwater sections were boring as hell, and Skyward Sword forces motions controllers with swiming underwater, so you might know how that turned up.

zeldaism, PaBo and frogboy like this.
  6. TheTechGenius
    OP

TheTechGenius </Web Dev>

Apr 7, 2017
    United States
    That's true. But since BOTW is running on new hardware with a new engine, maybe it could of been a lot better then past games. You know?

I just thought it was pretty cool back then on the N64, because I never seen a game that lets you go under water before. None that I could remember anyway.

7. Jhnsn

Jhnsn *Flat is Justice*

Sep 1, 2016
    Australia
    You misspelled worst.

8. TheTechGenius
    OP

TheTechGenius </Web Dev>

Apr 7, 2017
    United States
    I liked it. I liked the entire game. Lol

9. wolf-snake

Feb 5, 2009
    Mexico
    So your bias towards it because it was your first one?

10. Viri

Viri GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Majora's Mask's Zora suit underwater swimming was like the best underwater swimming controls! It made going underwater fun. They should have made that the Zora armor combo.

Garblant, zeldaism and PaBo like this.
  11. TheTechGenius
    OP

TheTechGenius </Web Dev>

Apr 7, 2017
    United States
    Not really. I just thought going under water was pretty cool. I remember using the Iron Boots to walk around under water.

12. petethepug

petethepug PUG

May 2, 2016
    United States
    COMPUTER
    They probably removed it in order to reduce the size of the overall game so it can fit on a cartridge & disc for the Wii U and Switch. It was also probably to reduce the stress graphically on the Nintendo Switch, I played some of GTA 5 on the PS3 underwater and I got quite a lot of lag from the game loading things underground and above the ocean.

It would have been cool to see that in the game though at some point. (But at least we have shield surfing :P)

TheTechGenius likes this.
  13. tbb043

tbb043 Member

Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    Said no one ever.

Asterik1904 and PaBo like this.
  14. TheTechGenius
    OP

TheTechGenius </Web Dev>

Apr 7, 2017
    United States
    I did. Lol. But like I said, I like the entire game.

15. petethepug

petethepug PUG

May 2, 2016
    United States
    COMPUTER
    Well part of that is preferences,
    I played Ocarina on the 3DS when it first came out, and I thought the water dungeon was the worst dungeon to play (Well besides the dark link part of the game, that really gave me the spokes when I first came in that room.). I personally preferred the graveyard ones and the desert one that involved time periods and stuff, that was when I was like 11 back then though so my opinions might have changed if I go ahead and play it a second time.

Regardless, if I was just solving it for the puzzle and the PvP with dark link, ye its good, but if its to complete it fully. Nope

16. Enteking

Enteking Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 10, 2016
    United States
    The water dungeon in OOT was great fun but the game was too easy, the moment you entered a room in any dungeon, you always immediately knew what to do because the solutions were so obvious.

I wish BOTW was more like OOT, minus Navi.

Last edited by Enteking, May 13, 2017
  17. TheTechGenius
    OP

TheTechGenius </Web Dev>

Apr 7, 2017
    United States
    I honestly don't care what any one says, I liked everything about OOT, including all the dungeons. I just didn't like Navi that much, she was just annoying most of the time. Lol.

But like I said, I like the entire game. And no one can tell me any different. Playing OOT for the first time, is one of my greatest childhood memories when it comes to gaming.

To be honest, OOT is probably better then most modern open world games we have today. Lol

18. wolf-snake

Feb 5, 2009
    Mexico
    You know, its normal to like a game but still have problems with it, you honestly sound like you don't want to offend somebody when you say stuff like "I like the entire game"

petethepug likes this.
  19. PaBo

PaBo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2009
    Gambia, The
  20. petethepug

petethepug PUG

May 2, 2016
    United States
    COMPUTER
    [​IMG]

Please don't, its just a game bro.
    Like, no ones going to come on here and say everyone should play a Call of Duty shooter game over Zelda because its better then Oceania of time lmao