Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My CTs:
Crystal Dungeon - Almost finished
GCN Luigi Circuit - Finished
GBA Bowser Castle 3 - Almost finished
Wii Block Plaza - Beta (barely even started it)
BigBlackBump Raceway - Finished
N64 DK Jungle Parkway - Ran into issues that I can't fix (HP effect), so on hold.

CuriousTommy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, made the game run and got green screen, game booted up, but, from where to select the custom track in game?
It depends on what file you are replacing. Keep in mind that a custom track would replace the official tracks. For example, if you downloaded my custom battle track, it would replace GBA Battle Course 1. To load this course, you just start a balloon battle or coin runner and select GBA Battle Course 1. Some courses are obvious to figure out based on the name while other are not so obvious.

Also the green screen mean that the plugin successfully load.

Edit: I was wondering if anyone here knows how to edit the start positions in battle tracks? I know how to do it in racing tracks, I don't know how to do it with battle tracks.

Last edited by CuriousTommy,
Reactions: KJ1

KJ1

Old Member
Trophies
XP
Country
India
It depends on what file you are replacing. Keep in mind that a custom track would replace the official tracks. For example, if you downloaded my custom battle track, it would replace GBA Battle Course 1. To load this course, you just start a balloon battle or coin runner and select GBA Battle Course 1. Some courses are obvious to figure out based on the name while other are not so obvious.

Also the green screen mean that the plugin successfully load.

Edit: I was wondering if anyone here knows how to edit the start positions in battle tracks? I know how to do it in racing tracks, I don't know how to do it with battle tracks.
Thank you really very much! :D
But, how do you tell on which course it belongs like, I can't guess where to boot up Gctr_GlideLake.szs , so yeah, can you please tell me? Thanks! :)

CuriousTommy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh okay, thanks for letting me know, but, how do ya know that it is daisy hills? Can you guess it by names? Thanks in advance for replying! :)
If you have the original files, you can use EveryFileExplorer to see what course it is (looking at the map). Otherwise you can make an educated guess as to what the files are.

Reactions: KJ1

CuriousTommy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I got some time to work on my custom battle track. Not a lot has changed visually.

I just added a trickable small water fountain on the side. I also reworked the CPU routes and found out how to edit the start points (it's located in the KTPT section the KMP file. As of this time, kmp expander current can not edit these point so you are going to need to use a hex editor for the time being but you can use the old open source version to extract just that section and inject it back) so now everyone doesn't die in the beginning of the race!

The lag at the certain spots is still there sadly (and the road seem to glitch a little during the lag), so that means that this can't be uploaded to the hack store at dshack. Also because of the small fountain, it is possible to get out of bounds but it is easy to kill yourself if you get out there by accident. I will fix this later (either an invisible wall or an out of bounds trigger). Other than that, this track is really solid in my opinion.
top_0000.png

If you haven't seen the rest of my custom track, you can see the rest of the course.

Anyway, here is the download. Enjoy!

Attachments

• Bagb_BattleCourse1-rc1.szs.zip
    760.6 KB · Views: 97
Reactions: KJ1 and DarkFlare69

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is my new MK7 CT! It features an underwater section, which Spykid tried to do in the Wii version, but didn't have too much success.

Download (.SZS):
http://store.dshack.org/index.php?/file/217-coral-cape/

Download (.SZS) (Mirror):
http://adf.ly/1VTNn4

@YamiHoshi.nl Would you mind approving the DSHack.org version?

This is my most advanced CT yet. I had to extract all files from the SZS, import mushrooms and KbWaterSurface.bcmdl into the SZS, use szs_generator to build the new SZS, and add those values to my KMP. Plus, all the normal stuff that's required for CT making. It's built with Maya as well. There were many issues getting the water to work, but I'm content with how it turned out. For now.

Reactions: CuriousTommy

CuriousTommy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is my new MK7 CT! It features an underwater section, which Spykid tried to do in the Wii version, but didn't have too much success.

Download (.SZS):
http://store.dshack.org/index.php?/file/217-coral-cape/

Download (.SZS) (Mirror):
http://adf.ly/1VTNn4

@YamiHoshi.nl Would you mind approving the DSHack.org version?

This is my most advanced CT yet. I had to extract all files from the SZS, import mushrooms and KbWaterSurface.bcmdl into the SZS, use szs_generator to build the new SZS, and add those values to my KMP. Plus, all the normal stuff that's required for CT making. It's built with Maya as well. There were many issues getting the water to work, but I'm content with how it turned out. For now.

It's pretty nice. My only criticism is that fact that water section in the very beginning of the lap in kind of under-whelming. You should move the land more down or bring the water more up.

Judging from the name, KbWaterSurface.bcmdl is the water model, right? If so, what course is it from?

Edit: Oh...
KbWaterSurface = Gn64_KoopaTroopaBeach

But how is the water static? I am pretty sure that the water changes at certain time.
Edit: Nevermind, I noticed that the water changes height when playing it on my 3ds.

YamiHoshi.nl

I'm MKGirlism.
Trophies
Website
www.dshack.org
XP
Country
Of course. Also, do you like my new CT?
I'll check that one in my free time, as well.
I've only seen it based on your Video, and I think it's nice (although it's the third time in a row a SpyKid CT gets ported over to MK7, I have nothing against him or his CTs, I'm just awaiting some more all-new CTs).

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll check that one in my free time, as well.
I've only seen it based on your Video, and I think it's nice (although it's the third time in a row a SpyKid CT gets ported over to MK7, I have nothing against him or his CTs, I'm just awaiting some more all-new CTs).
He is my favorite MKWii CT maker, since his tracks generally look professional and beautiful. After i finish all these projects, then I think i'll try making a completely original one.

BlastXDX

3DS Hacking Era Original
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I took BBTalk's Mario Circuit 3 port and made it look more like GBA Mario Circuit. Here it is if anyone wants it.

Screenshot:
scr_34_TOP_LEFT.png

Attachments

• MarioCiruit.rar
    701.7 KB · Views: 127
Reactions: akira123

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: good morning +2