XP
Country
United States

Stewie1.0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok guys bad news about Mirai Circuit, we had to remove (me and PH&G) the Finder (DSLR Remix) texture (just the image of it) due to VRAM size. But it doesn't really matter anyway, since the stage of it with the Miku Statue (the Statue and stage both ripped from Project Mirai 2, as I forgot to mention) is basically simple to tell wut song it is. But good news, if there's enough VRAM, I plan to add another custom object over the Luigi Balloon with the Moon Balloon from Hello, Planet with custom routes (ripped from Project Mirai DX).

CuriousTommy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to make Luigi Circuit GBA for my 1st CT...

And it's a buggy mess. :wacko:

sigh... I give up I guess.

Heres the buggy version if you want it...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Dang it, forgot to upload the file.

Here it is.
I keep forgetting to do this... I thought I would post some picture so people get an idea of what your custom track looks like.
top_0007.png
top_0008.png
top_0009.png
top_0010.png
top_0011.png
top_0012.png
top_0013.png

The track looks nice (putting 3ds resolution textures and making the track more round would make it better!), although I can see what you mean by buggy

Last edited by CuriousTommy,
Reactions: BlastXDX

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I keep forgetting to do this... I thought I would post some picture so people get an idea of what your custom track looks like.

The track looks nice (putting 3ds resolution textures and making the track more round would make it better!), although I can see what you mean by buggy
looks good @BlastXDX

Stewie1.0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Y not put it over Neo Bowser City for the rain?

BlastXDX

3DS Hacking Era Original
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Well, I didn't make the track. It's a port of a Wii CT by Zilla.

CuriousTommy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been seeing these custom tracks everywhere. Now, I want to know how to install them! Could someone help out please? I am using an old 3ds xl with gateway.

There are two way of doing this:
You can install the homebrew.cia (https://github.com/yellows8/hblauncher_loader/releases) and use HANS
Just keep in mind that if you use this method, you need to use braindump: https://github.com/neobrain/braindump/releases
And then use ctrtool to extract the .cxi and also the romfs.bin
One you are done with making the edits, you can use RomFS-Builder to create the romFS.bin https://github.com/SciresM/RomFS-Builder
This guide explains creating a RomFS a lot better: http://www.dshack.org/forum.php?page=thread&tid=105
The only thing you have to worry about is making sure that you have the mk7 game selected before you open the homebrew.cia
or​
You can use this method: https://gbatemp.net/threads/layered-fs-with-updated-exefs.401249/
You need a program called BootNTR: https://github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases

Reactions: placebooooo

KJ1

Old Member
Trophies
XP
Country
India

CuriousTommy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does it also work with .3dz roms, extracting layerFS I mean..

Can somebody share USA LayeredFS with me? Thanks!
If you mean extracting the exefs.rom, then sure I wouldn't see why you could not. Just be sure to decrypt the .3dz with Decrypt9wip.
However, if you have updated the game through eshop or through a CIA, you need to follow this guide https://gbatemp.net/threads/layered-fs-with-updated-exefs.401249/

Keep in mind that this is the updated version of Mario Kart 7 (1.1). So if you did not install the update, you need to.
Be sure to create these folders on your sdcard: /layeredFS/mariokartseven

Attachments

• plugin-mariokartseven-USA.zip
    4.2 KB · Views: 89
Reactions: KJ1

KJ1

Old Member
Trophies
XP
Country
India
If you mean extracting the exefs.rom, then sure I wouldn't see why you could not. Just be sure to decrypt the .3dz with Decrypt9wip.
However, if you have updated the game through eshop or through a CIA, you need to follow this guide https://gbatemp.net/threads/layered-fs-with-updated-exefs.401249/

Keep in mind that this is the updated version of Mario Kart 7 (1.1). So if you did not install the update, you need to.
Be sure to create these folders on your sdcard: /layeredFS/mariokartseven
Oh thank you, but, I have to create a new folder named "layeredFS" and inside it "mariokartseven" besides "Plugin" folder, am I right?

CuriousTommy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup, did that! :D
Also, where to put the tracks? Also, is "MK7 RomFS" folder needed or not?

After you create the "/layeredFS/mariokartseven" path, you just mimic how the game stores the files. All courses are stored in the Course folder and then you would dump the course into that folder. For example, lets say you downloaded my custom battle track. You get a file called Bagb_BattleCourse1.szs. If you understood and follow what I said, the path should look like this:

/layeredFS/mariokartseven/Course/Bagb_BattleCourse1.szs

The nice thing about this is that you don't need to add any other course or files that you are not modding just only the ones that you care about. You also don't need to create a romfs.bin

Reactions: KJ1

KJ1

Old Member
Trophies
XP
Country
India
After you create the "/layeredFS/mariokartseven" path, you just mimic how the game stores the files. All course are stored in the Course folder and then you would dump the course into that folder. For example, lets say you downloaded my custom battle track. You get a file called Bagb_BattleCourse1.szs. If you understood and follow what I said, the path should look like this:

The nice thing about this is that you don't need to add any other course or files that you are not modding just only the ones that you care about. You also don't need to create a romfs.bin
Okay, thank you really very much! I will try this right away! :D

After you create the "/layeredFS/mariokartseven" path, you just mimic how the game stores the files. All courses are stored in the Course folder and then you would dump the course into that folder. For example, lets say you downloaded my custom battle track. You get a file called Bagb_BattleCourse1.szs. If you understood and follow what I said, the path should look like this:

Okay, made the game run and got green screen, game booted up, but, from where to select the custom track in game? :D

Last edited by KJ1,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool: The server has not responded in time. :(