ROM Hack Your custom Mario Kart 7 tracks

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That would contradict to much, making a CT for SMK, MKDS, and MKW is hard, making one for MK7 is equally hard, if not, harder.
This is due to the limitations MK7 has, and the lack of decent non-illegal Tools.
I know... but oh well, I won't lose anything trying. I will look into it and see what happens.

Stewie1.0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm working on Mushroom Peaks
aZNAqDD.jpg

r8TaEW3.jpg

RvSITwz.jpg

QyQDsS2.jpg

cXZveib.jpg

d2ePau6.jpg

So far, the model is too small, the mushrooms aren't positioned correctly, etc. There's also a problem that I found out, there's a limit for how many bouncy mushrooms u add. Cuz 3 red mushrooms I fell through when I went on it. Idk how this happens, but I'm not too sure if that's the case.

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a noob friendly tutorial to make a custom track from scratch? I've a good idea for a ct and i would love to make it happen :(
I have a video.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I was wondering, is Character Texture hacking similar to Track texture hacking?
No. With characters, you need nintendo SDK tools to preserve the animations. If you try it with EFE, you're character will freeze. If it did load for some reason, his arms would be sticking out and not moving.

I'm working on Mushroom Peaks
aZNAqDD.jpg

r8TaEW3.jpg

RvSITwz.jpg

QyQDsS2.jpg

cXZveib.jpg

d2ePau6.jpg

So far, the model is too small, the mushrooms aren't positioned correctly, etc. There's also a problem that I found out, there's a limit for how many bouncy mushrooms u add. Cuz 3 red mushrooms I fell through when I went on it. Idk how this happens, but I'm not too sure if that's the case.
Am i one of the only people who hated that track on MKW? It was so glitchy and ugly imo. Mostly squares, no animations, poor design, and mostly a flat track or almost vertical climbs.

However, maybe if you make this one better, I will like it again...

Reactions: DeslotlCL

Stewie1.0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a video.

No. With characters, you need nintendo SDK tools to preserve the animations. If you try it with EFE, you're character will freeze. If it did load for some reason, his arms would be sticking out and not moving.

Am i one of the only people who hated that track on MKW? It was so glitchy and ugly imo. Mostly squares, no animations, poor design, and mostly a flat track or almost vertical climbs.

However, maybe if you make this one better, I will like it again...

Actually the boost pads had animations. And it might be on hold anyway, since me and Pablo got alot more progress on Mirai Circuit

Stewie1.0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so since I have Mushroom Peaks on hold, I'm working on my first MK7 original track, Mirai Circuit. It's inspired by Hatsune Miku Project Mirai (with a few stuff from Project DIVA). So here r some of the songs that will be featured at the track (since it's alpha, some of the textures r incorrect or bad):

Finder (DSLR Remix - re:edit):
j85N0tu.jpg

1925 and Senbonzakura:
qL5dagu.jpg

This is just a statue of Miku:
skJMo2H.jpg

Hello, Planet (unfinished, just some texture problems):
x1KdNj0.jpg

World is Mine:
VqkczEu.jpg

Clover Club:
LdI0dGl.jpg

No video yet cuz it's not ready for a video preview. Oh and there is a poster of Watashi no Jikan (My Time), but its facing the wrong way, making it impossible to see so far. And near the end of the track, theres a (sort of) TV showing a pic of Doremifa Rondo, but its textured incorrectly. I hope u guys like it. Tell me wut u think of it.

Last edited by Stewie1.0,

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so since I have Mushroom Peaks on hold, I'm working on my first MK7 original track, Mirai Circuit. It's inspired by Hatsune Miku Project Mirai (with a few stuff from Project DIVA). So here r some of the songs that will be featured at the track (since it's alpha, some of the textures r incorrect or bad):

j85N0tu.jpg

1925 and Senbonzakura:
qL5dagu.jpg

skJMo2H.jpg

x1KdNj0.jpg

World is Mine:
VqkczEu.jpg

Clover Club:
LdI0dGl.jpg

No video yet cuz it's not ready for a video preview. Oh and there is a poster of Watashi no Jikan (My Time), but its facing the wrong way, making it impossible to see so far. And near the end of the track, theres a (sort of) TV showing a pic of Doremifa Rondo, but its textured incorrectly. I hope u guys like it. Tell me wut u think of it.
I'm not into that kind of stuff, but it'll look good once you get all the textures properly aligned & oriented!

ElyosOfTheAbyss

Trophies
XP
Country

j85N0tu.jpg

1925 and Senbonzakura:
qL5dagu.jpg

skJMo2H.jpg

x1KdNj0.jpg

World is Mine:
VqkczEu.jpg

Clover Club:
LdI0dGl.jpg

Defently playing this course when it's released

BlastXDX

3DS Hacking Era Original
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

j85N0tu.jpg

1925 and Senbonzakura:
qL5dagu.jpg

skJMo2H.jpg

x1KdNj0.jpg

World is Mine:
VqkczEu.jpg

Clover Club:
LdI0dGl.jpg

Wow, this looks like one of the most impressive courses yet. :yay:

StarLight42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems i'm a bit late.

Here's my three custom CTs. In the future I aim to learn how to do vertex color, shading, and texture animations. It's just so difficult with the limited amount of tutorials there is around.

Choco island (SNES) :

Peach Beach (GCN) : (WARNING: Old version, new 9.0 version is so much better)

Mario Circut (GCN) :

Reactions: CuriousTommy

TheZoroark007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Last edited by TheZoroark007,

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies