ROM Hack Your custom Mario Kart 7 tracks

TheZoroark007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You are a nice person, and I think your tracks have potential. Here are my suggestions:

-Make sure tracks look very good and complete before marking them as 1.0. First release should be v0.1, then v0.2, etc
-Spend more time making the KMP. On grumble volcano, you didn't move anything besides the coins and item boxes. also there is random item box by the finish line on grumble volcano. On tick tock clock, the start line isn't even lined up properly
-Try not to edit the textures. I just resize mine if they are bigger than 256x256.
-Include more objects from the Wii tracks. All of the course data is not stored in course_model, so i would recommend exporting the other files along with it and manually lining and sizing them up.
-Editing a skybox is really easy. A blue sky BG does not fit with grumble volcano
-For the KCL, i think you already do this, but just making sure: Delete parts of the track you'll never drive on.
-Pretend you're playing on the track. What parts of the course will you never see no matter what angle you're at? Delete those faces to reduce polygons.
Ok. Thanks for that infos. But Grumble Volcano already has a fitting background since the update last week.For the textures: Saddly, for Wii tracks one has to resize them, otherwise the track will lag terible.

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. Thanks for that infos. But Grumble Volcano already has a fitting background since the update last week.For the textures: Saddly, for Wii tracks one has to resize them, otherwise the track will lag terible.
are you sure all you did as resize? the texture looks terrible.

try this

Attachments

• vo_michi3_003.png
    vo_michi3_003.png
    9.9 KB · Views: 157
Reactions: akira123

CuriousTommy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know if Mipmaps are also responsible for reducing lag? I was able to reduce lag by removing some trees, so the trees may not work out in the long run. On a side note, I found out when playing with just two people, the lag is almost gone (But obvious that is not enough for me!).

While I was browsing on the web to see if there is a .bcmdl viewer for Linux. I happen to stumble upon this: https://github.com/MKGirlism/Satoru. There isn't any code in the git repo, but I was wondering if @YamiHoshi.nl
or anyone else in her team is still working on it behind the scenes on this.

YamiHoshi.nl

I'm MKGirlism.
Trophies
Website
www.dshack.org
XP
Country
Does anyone know if Mipmaps are also responsible for reducing lag? I was able to reduce lag by removing some trees, so the trees may not work out in the long run. On a side note, I found out when playing with just two people, the lag is almost gone (But obvious that is not enough for me!).

While I was browsing on the web to see if there is a .bcmdl viewer for Linux. I happen to stumble upon this: https://github.com/MKGirlism/Satoru. There isn't any code in the git repo, but I was wondering if @YamiHoshi.nl
or anyone else in her team is still working on it behind the scenes on this.
The main problem is, I have asked some people to contribute something, they agreed, but never did a single shit.
Because of that, my motivation went down so low, I even forgot this exists.

But I've heard Visual Studio, C#, and .NET Framework are all coming to OS X and Linux, so perhaps EFE and KMPe could work on these Platforms in the future?

CuriousTommy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The main problem is, I have asked some people to contribute something, they agreed, but never did a single shit.
Because of that, my motivation went down so low, I even forgot this exists.
That sucks! If I know how to code and could understand how file formats I would try to make a cross platform app, but I don't sadly (And when I try to learn to code, I get too impatient about learning other important stuff for coding, but at least I am going to start CS classes next quarter so that I can be forced to learn the essentials first!)

But I've heard Visual Studio, C#, and .NET Framework are all coming to OS X and Linux, so perhaps EFE and KMPe could work on these Platforms in the future?
I really hope that Microsoft adds complete support for Winform (I believe that some features do work, but others don't), WPF (I know for a fact that this is not implemented at all), or whatever GUI library that .Net apps use on Windows. From what I read, the GUI is the biggest issue with running apps on another platforms, and the other GUI wrappers seems to have issues. Although GTK# seems to be the most complete for cross-platform GUI wrapper.

So far from what I understand, Microsoft has been adding support for asp.net.5 on Mac and Linux, but that more for web servers (it still better than nothing). They have released Visual Studio app, called Visual Studio Code, for Mac and Linux but it is completely different from the traditional Visual Studio Window app.

YamiHoshi.nl

I'm MKGirlism.
Trophies
Website
www.dshack.org
XP
Country
So far from what I understand, Microsoft has been adding support for asp.net.5 on Mac and Linux, but that more for web servers (it still better than nothing). They have released Visual Studio app, called Visual Studio Code, for Mac and Linux but it is completely different from the traditional Visual Studio Window app.
I'm aware of that, but that's indeed just a Web Editor.
Then I saw this, and it gave me new hopes:
image_ccf60e0b-2a0f-464c-8fe8-d39bb3e6686a.png

Reactions: CuriousTommy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/7sqwbGI-ZcM?si=73M_qQxgKt3zoifl +2