masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I was trying to find for some time how to raise FPS cap to 60 in Unity games. So I can say now I finally found a way, so this is my first mod using this method.
If it cannot achieve 60, it drops to 30 FPS (mostly cutscenes are dropping to 30 for few seconds, when they try to load many assets in the same time when cutscene is playing).

Recommended OC settings (going above 768 for GPU does nothing from what I checked, going with CPU to 1785 very slightly makes mod more stable):
Code:
handheld_charging_cpu=1581
handheld_charging_gpu=768
handheld_charging_mem=1600

Because this game is using higher resolution for docked, it will stay in 30 FPS for docked mode.

Only for versions:
- 1.1.0: Yooka-60FPS.zip
- 1.2.0: Yooka-60FPS-1.2.0.zip

Enjoy.

Attachments

• Yooka-60FPS.zip
    72.2 KB · Views: 547
  • Yooka-60FPS-1.2.0.zip
    72.4 KB · Views: 393
Last edited by masagrator,

Auyx

GBAtemp's Unofficial Sanic impersonator
Trophies
XP
Country
This works great, for handheld. Is the reason that it sticks at 30 in docked with the higher res mode that it never hits 60 so vsync stays enabled? Would it be possibe to force vsync off? Thanks for the brilliant work.

Last edited by Auyx,

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
This works great, for handheld. Is the reason that it sticks at 30 in docked with the higher res mode that it never hits 60 so vsync stays enabled? Would it be possibe to force vsync off? Thanks for the brilliant work.
1. Because higher res means you need more power to generate frames?
2. You can't disable vsync in Switch games. SDK forces it on every game. Only you can manipulate how vsync is treated, but in case of Yooka-Laylee disabling vsync count is doing nothing.

AdamCoulthard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
do i just copy these over to titles? im unsure how to apply any of these 60 fps mods and wanted to try on this before doing more. How was the battery life compared to normal? thanks

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I got all this to work with sys-clk is there anyway to lock at a different FPS such as 50? so i can use lower clocks in handheld?
Only by deleting double buffer and by using function that I never used - set_targetframerate. This requires editing exefs. And I'm not interested in making this mod.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's only for one version. I can update it in free time.

I used it anyway to see what would happen and it seems to work fine, but the 64-Bit tonic drops the FPS down to 30 despite dropping the GPU utilization down to 0-40%.

If you end up updating this, any chance you could attempt to raise the 64-Bit Tonic to 60FPS?

with such low utilization the game should be able to hold 60FPS both Docked and Handheld while utilizing the tonic.

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I used it anyway to see what would happen and it seems to work fine, but the 64-Bit tonic drops the FPS down to 30 despite dropping the GPU utilization down to 0-40%.

If you end up updating this, any chance you could attempt to raise the 64-Bit Tonic to 60FPS?

with such low utilization the game should be able to hold 60FPS both Docked and Handheld while utilizing the tonic.
Issue is that each globalgamemanager is for specific version. It shouldn't be used in different versions, because it may results in various crashes or glitches.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So you're using it on your risk in 1.2.0.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Issue is that each globalgamemanager is for specific version. It shouldn't be used in different versions, because it may results in various crashes or glitches.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So you're using it on your risk in 1.2.0.

Definitely, Since I have no idea what changed in 1.2.0 I am running it under the assumption it will crash or glitch. So far, other than the 30FPS 64-Bit Tonic I have had no crashes or glitches so far.

FPS is interesting though as it does not lock to 30 even when docked. I get 30-60FPS in docked mode and 45-60FPS in portable mode with OC applied.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over