RELEASE Yooka-Laylee 60 FPS mod

Discussion in 'Switch - ROM Hacking, Saves, Translations & Tools' started by masagrator, Aug 6, 2019.

1. masagrator
    OP

masagrator File digger

Oct 14, 2018
    Poland
    I was trying to find for some time how to raise FPS cap to 60 in Unity games. So I can say now I finally found a way, so this is my first mod using this method.
    If it cannot achieve 60, it drops to 30 FPS (mostly cutscenes are dropping to 30 for few seconds, when they try to load many assets in the same time when cutscene is playing).

Recommended OC settings (going above 768 for GPU does nothing from what I checked, going with CPU to 1785 very slightly makes mod more stable):
    Code:
    handheld_charging_cpu=1581
    handheld_charging_gpu=768
    handheld_charging_mem=1600
    Because this game is using higher resolution for docked, it will stay in 30 FPS for docked mode.
    Recommended version of game: 1.1.0. I don't know if this will work without installed patch.
    Enjoy.

Attached Files:

Last edited by masagrator, Aug 6, 2019
    halin3a, Dodain47, Ninn and 9 others like this.
  2. Auyx

Auyx GBAtemp's Unofficial Sanic impersonator

Jun 20, 2007
    Staffordshire
    This works great, for handheld. Is the reason that it sticks at 30 in docked with the higher res mode that it never hits 60 so vsync stays enabled? Would it be possibe to force vsync off? Thanks for the brilliant work.

Last edited by Auyx, Aug 10, 2019
  3. masagrator
    OP

masagrator File digger

Oct 14, 2018
    Poland
    1. Because higher res means you need more power to generate frames?
    2. You can't disable vsync in Switch games. SDK forces it on every game. Only you can manipulate how vsync is treated, but in case of Yooka-Laylee disabling vsync count is doing nothing.