Hacking YayMii's DSTWO Theme

YayMii

hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello, I'd like to show you my new Acekard theme. It is based off of the DSTWO's "Pink" theme, and I've attempted to faithfully recreate it's menu design on the Acekard menu.
Every file has been modified except the 'note.bmp'. Some of the files are small color changes to match the DSTWO's color.
This is not a copy of kiafazool's theme. I did not use any files from his theme.

Here's a preview (It is animated. BTW, that color discoloration in the ribbon is not part of the theme):
previewi.gif

Choose your download link:
NDSthemes
mad.gif
It got disapproved (marked as "copied).
Filetrip

EDIT: HOLY CRAP, I JUST NOTICED, BUT THIS THREAD IS MY 2000TH POST
toot.gif
toot.gif
toot.gif

Xoo00o0o0o

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It actually looks slightly more professional than kizafools theme. No harm intended towards kizafool I actually use his theme and am too lazy to download this one sorry yaymii

kiafazool

Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
nicely done
just wanted to add a few things
1. you could've asked me to use my upper_screen.bmp because it looks good with the akaio
smile.gif
(2 hours of paint created it)
2. the font looks kinda hard to read
3. HOW THE HELL DID U GET THAT FONT FOR THE MONTH AND YEAR???@Q$#@%
angry.gif
angry.gif

4. fix the position of everything (the clock, dates,menus) out of proportion
5. thank you lolcat for using my theme and you spelled my name wrong TWICE
6. you can use anything from my theme
7. we can combine theme if you want to make it better

YayMii

hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@jurassicplayer
1. It's an issue with the incorrect dimensions of clock_number.bmp and clock_colon.bmp (they both match the DSTWO's dimensions). If I attempted to scale it to the proper size, it would kinda distort the numbers.
2. Wait, your flashcart's telling you this?
unsure.gif
kiafazool said:
nicely done
1. you could've asked me to use my upper_screen.bmp because it looks good with the akaio
smile.gif
angry.gif
angry.gif

frown.gif
But my slash between the month and year is custom-made, and if I used yours, I would've gotten that weird slash that looks better suited for the default font.
2.Which font? If you're talking about the colors on the bottom screen, I put those colors because they match the DSTWO's font colors. And that blue bar in the START menu is substitute for the glowing blue effect that the DSTWO has.
3. I just used the clock font from the "Silver" theme.
4. The clock is out of place because I was trying to fix an issue with the diagonal pattern in the background (while still trying to keep it in the same Y dimension as the DSTWO). The calendar is incorrectly placed because it starts at the same dimensions as the DSTWO's "Game Info", all I did was adjust it so it fits.
5. lulz
6. I didn't want to. I really wanted to start from scratch. BTW, I made the buttons in the bottom right functional
tongue.gif

7. But this is my first/last AK theme... I probably won't be using it anyways.

Hakoda, I fail at Photoshop. But I guess I'll try the new "Content-Aware Fill" feature first.

kiafazool

Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
YayMii said:
@jurassicplayer
1. It's an issue with the incorrect dimensions of clock_number.bmp and clock_colon.bmp (they both match the DSTWO's dimensions). If I attempted to scale it to the proper size, it would kinda distort the numbers.
unsure.gif
kiafazool said:
nicely done
smile.gif
angry.gif
angry.gif

frown.gif
But my slash between the month and year is custom-made, and if I used yours, I would've gotten that weird slash that looks better suited for the default font.
2.Which font? If you're talking about the colors on the bottom screen, I put those colors because they match the DSTWO's font colors. And that blue bar in the START menu is substitute for the glowing blue effect that the DSTWO has.
3. I just used the clock font from the "Silver" theme.
4. The clock is out of place because I was trying to fix an issue with the diagonal pattern in the background (while still trying to keep it in the same Y dimension as the DSTWO). The calendar is incorrectly placed because it starts at the same dimensions as the DSTWO's "Game Info", all I did was adjust it so it fits.
5. lulz
6. I didn't want to. I really wanted to start from scratch. BTW, I made the buttons in the bottom right functional
tongue.gif

7. But this is my first/last AK theme... I probably won't be using it anyways.

Hakoda, I fail at Photoshop. But I guess I'll try the new "Content-Aware Fill" feature first.
1. ill post up one without the weird slash i made
2. the font colour is okay but the font used is kinda disturbing and hard to read on the bottom screen
3. yea i got the clock from the silver theme. im curious how you got the font for the month and the year
4. fix the position of the clock it looks weird
5. .................................... no comment
6. yea i wanted to make mine functional but i didn't have time in the past few weeks
7. if you are going to be updating it, i would gladly take it and update it (will only do if u say so) according to what others like and need

YayMii

hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How about I try to erase the DSTWO logo, and try to incorporate a DSTWO-like AKAIO logo?
BTW, the preview has the clock a lot to the left. The reason for that is because the actual AK menu pushes the minutes further to the right (due to the incorrect dimensions of the 2 images). So if I was to move the clock over to the right, the minutes would show on top of the pink bar to the right.

I've already made progress on erasing the DSTWO logo.
upperscreenoriginal.png
psupperscreen.png
upperscreen.png

EDIT: Fixed a messup in the photo.
The top screen's background is actually identical to the bottom screen.
The photoshopped one uses Content-Aware filling (so it looks slightly different than the others), while the other one is identical to the original photo except for the logo. Which one's better?

Xoo00o0o0o

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kiafazool said:
nicely done
smile.gif
angry.gif
angry.gif

Hey i'm sorry i was going off of memory kiafazool.

gumbyx84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice theme. I am using kiafazool's DSTWO theme ATM and this definitely has a few things over it. However, I agree with him that the font used on the bottom screen is a bit hard to read. Thought it was just me when I first saw it.

Replacing the logo with AKAIO logo styled like the original would be great.

BTW: Why put so much work into a theme and just dump it? Just seems .... odd. Anyway, I'd take up kiafazool on his offer to take over the theme. With your improvements and his tweaks, the theme would be "perfect".

YayMii said:
ohnoes.png
What's wrong with glare?
Nothing is wrong with it. It just doesn't "fit" the theme. At least it doesn't to me and Rydian

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
YayMii said:
Sokay so do I. a lot. See if kiafazool (see I spelled your name right) will help you with that. I think his AKAIO logo was good. Up to you if you want it all caps or not and then just add those purple-ish neon strings around it and you're good. If you'd like instructions on how to make those purple-ish neon strings, try this on for size.

gumbyx84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I may ask: Is it possible for anyone to make this theme not pink? I have no problem with Pink, but (to me) its a little to ... bright. Would like something like silver, dark green, or black.

kiafazool

Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
nice work on taking away the dstwo logo
took me ages and it looks bad (you dont want to know how it looked)

i dont want to do anything with this theme unless yaymii gives me permission

if he does ill make it heck alot better (not that it doesn't look good, it looks great but needs a little bit of fixing)

thanks to all for using my theme
smile.gif

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
YayMii said:
@jurassicplayer
unsure.gif
You could do the fun thing that I do, just adjust the clock_colon's size to a width of 256 so that when it's displayed, nothing will change (I think...I've never actually used a default one and changed it to a broken one before) and then just realign the colon to where you need it to be.

kiafazool

Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
okay guys
i have fixed the theme but i wont post download link because yaymii still didn't give me permission to fix and reupload his theme so im just going to post up a animated preview of how it looks so far
i redid yaymii's custom slash thingy and did my akaio logo that looks like a dstwo logo again and fixed all the font and stuff
now everything including the clock/date/month/year looks good
comment and tell me what you think

2aerwwy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/34203/Tomb_Raider_Definitive_Survivor_Trilogy/ mmm