• Likes 28
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I do believe that answer may be geographically-related. That EU privacy laws are hurting Nintendo's efforts to see some needed data.
Yes you mean turning the old don't share "usage information" off in your account! I'm betting Nintendo eu was not happy about being forced to do that!

Last edited by Reecey,

Friffy1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes you mean turning the old don't share "usage information" off in your account! I'm betting Nintendo eu was not happy about being forced to do that!
That, and there may be other data they're not allowed to collect that we're not even aware of.
Perhaps the answer is the use a VPN and register all Switches in the EU. I don't think it would affect much of anything game-play-wise. And may workaround the online issue.

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So explain why so many of us have not been banned and it seems the members that have not been banned have rewarded the points on their donor certificate. A mismatch in the certificate I find hard to believe it’s the source of the bans. Many have been careless using card 2 on card 1 or visa versa, they have been banned of course, others have used smaller certificates on larger games that was a known fact from the 3ds scene not to do, so is not collecting the reward coins the next level of identification on a certificate? Who knows? it just might be..

Looking at @Draxzelex thread and the statistics that he's compiling the answer is because they're not doing blanket bans but random sweeps. This makes it impossible to track down and means more and more people will naively fall into the net over a longer period of time.

Reactions: Friffy1

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iits been a good run folk,s but i am sad to report that today, i got banned ( or at least today was the day i checked) i only ever went on in CFW mode one time and never used layers or anything, so they are REALLY cracking down.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iits been a good run folk,s but i am sad to report that today, i got banned ( or at least today was the day i checked) i only ever went on in CFW mode one time and never used layers or anything, so they are REALLY cracking down.
Can you submit a full ban report here when you get a minute? It would be greatly appreciated!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it was either going online with SX mode ( even though it was only one time) or having bad backups crash, which caused errors.
But the thing is as far as we know, Nintendo should not know what certificate you used to go online with. Updating backups and just being online don't require a certificate. Only playing online does. If what you are saying is true, then the situation is worse than we imagined...

Whole lotta love

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so its been 7 days and ive played online and offline with my own dumps using my SX Pro and haven't had any bans. i've run some homebrew to dump the games and used the homebrew file explorer to move them to root and opened up a couple other homebrew apps to test (final burn alpha and cave story). was connected to wifi the entire time. I don't have any games installed that aren't my own dumps

i think ill try playing on emulators this week and see if that causes any problems and report back

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But the thing is as far as we know, Nintendo should not know what certificate you used to go online with. Updating backups and just being online don't require a certificate. Only playing online does. If what you are saying is true, then the situation is worse than we imagined...

There no other option, i never updated, i went online only a single time, i would peridodically check with regular FW to see if i was banned and i never was, and today i am, so idk what could've happened.

saxon48

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so its been 7 days and ive played online and offline with my own dumps using my SX Pro and haven't had any bans. i've run some homebrew to dump the games and used the homebrew file explorer to move them to root and opened up a couple other homebrew apps to test (final burn alpha and cave story). was connected to wifi the entire time. I don't have any games installed that aren't my own dumps

i think ill try playing on emulators this week and see if that causes any problems and report back
Exact same boat as you. Both physical games I own are my own dumps + certificate. Running SX OS all the time, playing online, no issues for three weeks and counting.

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it possible playing a game that someone got banned with may have gotten me banned?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Exact same boat as you. Both physical games I own are my own dumps + certificate. Running SX OS all the time, playing online, no issues for three weeks and counting.

well if you guys are doing that i have no idea what could have happened with me

Whole lotta love

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it possible playing a game that someone got banned with may have gotten me banned?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

well if you guys are doing that i have no idea what could have happened with me

Didn't you say you used some bad dumps without certificates? Or were those your own backups that just got corrupted or something?

What Saxon and I are talking about is playing games we own and backed up ourselves with the certificate still attached.

Have you been using homebrew regularly or just the game backups?

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't you say you used some bad dumps without certificates? Or were those your own backups that just got corrupted or something?

What Saxon and I are talking about is playing games we own and backed up ourselves with the certificate still attached.

Have you been using homebrew regularly or just the game backups?

i used WAIN a few times and i used the other game dumper, i havent used any EMUS or anything. As far as the dumps, they were ones i got online, i dont know if they had certs or not, my guess is probably not.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i used WAIN a few times and i used the other game dumper, i havent used any EMUS or anything. As far as the dumps, they were ones i got online, i dont know if they had certs or not, my guess is probably not.
For the games you did dump and play, were they originally new or used? If they are used, I think we found the culprit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: there a bunch of good games missing, one of them (which makes a lot of sense for this type of...