Status
Not open for further replies.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Here's my "report" on all of this.

I currently have 2 Switches in my possession, one is banned (hardware, can't link or unlink or access eshop) due to carelessly inserting certs from games I own into downloaded "backups" as well as going online with a wiped cert. The other one is still unbanned hardware wise but it did get a cert ban and here's what I I tried differently; blocked all connections except those necessary to play online, I used Lego: the Incredibles as a donor cert (single player, 16gb, type 2, which I never played and only inserted once in the homebrew menu to dump the cert then promptly removed it), I used Mario Tennis Aces and Blazblue (also type 2) as the target online games (that I trimmed this time).

The result? The same as my first Switch console before it got hardware banned, I was able to play for maybe 6 to 12 hours or so until it got hit with a cert ban.

I've got Lego City: Undercover (single player, 16gb, type 1) coming in tomorrow and I was thinking of this time just playing with one (type 1) online game at a time before a reboot and see how that will fare. Why? Because when I sniffed the traffic for when I went online with a game, it appears that you're not granted access to the game server until it gets a "valid response" from aauth-lp1.ndas.srv.nintendo.net, it doesn't need to contact it again until you either restart the console or an undetermined time has passed while in sleep mode. Also, each different game with the same cert still requires authentication when you want to go online despite already having a valid response for one of them (even if it's from a legit game). Now I had gone online with Blazblue while a valid response was still present for Mario Tennis Aces. So perhaps something got flagged there, I don't know. If that doesn't work then I'll stick to buying legit online games for use with TX SX (which is what I've been using for all of this).

I don't know how some of you are still unbanned (cert or hardware) but perhaps it's a region thing considering the bans are not instant, who knows?
You know you used Lego lncredibles it’s a card 1 game you used it on a card 2. Mario aces was the first card 2 released on the 22nd June 18 yours was released before that on the 18th June 18 that’s a card 1 my friend. Wolfenstein 2 was the first proper donor we could ever use as a card 2 certificate.

Last edited by Reecey,

Dark_Hades

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You know you used Lego lncredibles did you collect your reward coins before you used it as a donor certificate?
No, as at that point (dumping the cert) I hadn't even linked an account to the Switch console. The sole purpose of my 2nd console was for testing this whole cert thing so I thought it would be better to hold off on linking an account to the Switch and booting/playing the donor game as to prevent Nintendo from comparing the games.

Interestingly, despite using the Incredibles as the donor cert for the online games I never got any email in regards to coins/rewards (I even checked the Nintendo website). Do you actually get coin rewards for every game on the Switch or is it just Nintendo first party games?

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
No, as at that point (dumping the cert) I hadn't even linked an account to the Switch console. The sole purpose of my 2nd console was for testing this whole cert thing so I thought it would be better to hold off on linking an account to the Switch and booting/playing the donor game as to prevent Nintendo from comparing the games.

Interestingly, despite using the Incredibles as the donor cert for the online games I never got any email in regards to coins/rewards (I even checked the Nintendo website). Do you actually get coin rewards for every game on the Switch or is it just Nintendo first party games?
It didn’t matter Lego incredibles is a card 1 certificate you used it playing Mario Aces the first card 2 donor we could ever use was wolfenstein 2 that’s why you got banned on your second switch.

Dark_Hades

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It didn’t matter Lego incredibles is a card 1 certificate you used it playing Mario Aces the first card 2 donor we could ever use was wolfenstein 2 that’s why you got banned on your second switch.
I went by the listing from nswdb
nswdb.png
though I suppose it is possible that the European version (which is what I have) is a type 1. I'll dump the entire cart and try to find out.

My Switch is not banned. I received Lego City: Undercover earlier today and I will be testing out type 1 games (I will be targeting Mario Kart 8 and ARMS).

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
I went by the listing from nswdb View attachment 135588 though I suppose it is possible that the European version (which is what I have) is a type 1. I'll dump the entire cart and try to find out.

My Switch is not banned. I received Lego City: Undercover earlier today and I will be testing out type 1 games (I will be targeting Mario Kart 8 and ARMS).
I went by the listing from nswdb View attachment 135588 though I suppose it is possible that the European version (which is what I have) is a type 1. I'll dump the entire cart and try to find out.

I’m quite sure the eu version is a card 1 I’m not sure where they get the info from also sorry I think now not collecting your reward coins on your donor can flag a ban so yes, it’s looking like that way. You have to click the + button on your icon go down to rewards click the link for your coins.

Last edited by Reecey,

Dark_Hades

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I’m quite sure the eu version is a card 1 I’m not sure where they get the info from also sorry I think now not collecting your reward coins on your donor can flag a ban so yes, it’s looking like that way. You have to click the + button on your icon go down to rewards click the link for your coins.
With my first Switch console the hardware ban happened within 24 hours and I really did push it with that one (going online with a scene release game that had a cleared cert). The 2nd Switch is still fine 2 days later after the cert ban so I'd rather not jump to conclusions.

Did you play with your legit games and claimed coin rewards before you used them as a donor cert? And did you do so on OFW?

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
With my first Switch console the hardware ban happened within 24 hours and I really did push it with that one (going online with a scene release game that had a cleared cert). The 2nd Switch is still fine 2 days later after the cert ban so I'd rather not jump to conclusions.

Did you play with your legit games and claimed coin rewards before you used them as a donor cert? And did you do so on OFW?
I used Zelda for card 1 & Wolfenstein 2 for card 2 I collected my reward coins for both retail games on ofw and tbh I have been absolutely “blatant” that much it’s in brackets! I have also been installing updates on cfw and installing .nsp via the DevMenu for going on nearly 4 weeks now not a sniff. I’ve not gone online with the .nsp installs.

Last edited by Reecey,

Friffy1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
one is banned (hardware, can't link or unlink or access eshop) due to carelessly inserting certs from games I own into downloaded "backups" as well as going online with a wiped cert
I think it's important to note when something is speculation versus fact. You don't know why your hardware was banned. I performed those exact same actions. I used an original cert on multiple different backups and also went online with wiped certs. My hardware is not banned. I can still get into eshop and play Fortnite. But the certs I used on multiple games are definitely banned.

Certainly not trying to come down on your or anything. I just think it's important to separate the facts from the suppositions. The only way the community will benefit is from accurate info. :-)

not collecting your reward coins on your donor can flag a ban so yes
I just want to make sure I'm understanding... You're thinking that NOT collecting coins on the donor can flag the ban? Can you explain that? Are you saying that if you don't collect coins on the donor and then try to collect coins on the recipient that may trigger the ban? Or just in general to donor needs to collect coins? Or....?

Thanks!

Last edited by Friffy1,
Reactions: Reecey

don_luca

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't want to spread panic, but I think Nintendo is somehow keeping those boards under scrutiny.

After my last post, several of my friends in Italy have been banned out of nowhere, even those who never played online.

I want to think that's just a strange coincidence, but this happened and wanted to report it.

Last edited by don_luca,

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Oops. Didn't mean to post. Can't delete a post?!
Funny enough I was going to reply to your comment, your correct in what your saying everything I have said is not concrete evidence and yes can only be 100% speculation but the evidence that has been shown is looking correct and does work but the uk & eu users need to stick to the rules really it should be posted on the op. I was going to write the rules again decided not too everyone else will just have to go through the thread and it’s up to yourselves whether you want to go ahead and use a donor certificate.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I don't want to spread panic, but I think Nintendo is somehow keeping those boards under scrutiny.

After my last post, several of my friends in Italy have been banned out of nowhere, even those who never played online.

I want to think that's just a strange coincidence, but this happened and wanted to report it.
I doubt that very much Nintendo would be then held responsible for banning 1000’s of people’s Nintendo Switch’s for no reason at all they would be then in serious breach of contract, if they carried that act out. The compensation alone would cost them too much, they cannot just ban consoles just because they were related or just ban consoles on a hunch!

Last edited by Reecey,
Reactions: Friffy1

Friffy1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Funny enough I was going to reply to your comment, your correct in what your saying everything I have said is not concrete evidence and yes can only be 100% speculation but the evidence that has been shown is looking correct and does work but the uk & eu users need to stick to the rules really it should be posted on the op. I was going to write the rules again decided not too everyone else will just have to go through the thread and it’s up to yourselves whether you want to go ahead and use a donor certificate.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I doubt that very much Nintendo would be then held responsible for banning 1000’s of people’s Nintendo Switch’s for no reason at all they would be then in serious breach of contract, if they carried that act out. The compensation alone would cost them too much, they cannot just ban consoles just because they were related or just ban consoles on a hunch!

So I'm still not clear on the coin collection thing. Are you thinking a ban hits when somebody tries to collect coins on a recipient game without first collecting coins on the donor? Or are you saying something else?

Friffy1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This just in...

This is the 1st time I've connected my Switch to WiFi since getting a cert banned. Turns out my console's banned now. 2124-4007 error.

Last edited by Friffy1,

Stayrom

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
I need help.
What if:
Power on the console in normal mode
Playing with fortnite from legal eshop.

There's ban risk?

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
So I'm still not clear on the coin collection thing. Are you thinking a ban hits when somebody tries to collect coins on a recipient game without first collecting coins on the donor? Or are you saying something else?
I'm thinking collecting your reward coins on your physical donor game identifies the certificate/game to your account/switch because without collecting the reward coins you could also be using a friends game or a rented game etc.. it could be being used by anyone, it could even be a back up for all Nintendo knows! at least this way Nintendo knows your using a legit game from yourself on your account by collecting the reward coins ie the certificate belongs to that account. I'm not sure but I presume once a reward coin has been collected of a physical game it cannot be done again else if this was the case you could just use friends games, rented games keep collecting your gold coins up to get money off using eshop games I doubt Nintendo would allow this to happen else it would be a huge loop hole to stock pile gold coins on your account.

Yes I thought so just googled it, Nintendo explain here below about redeeming gold coins on physical games:
  • Gold Points for physical games must be claimed within one year of the game’s original release date.
  • A game card can only be redeemed one time. If it has already been redeemed on one Nintendo Account, it cannot be redeemed again on a different one.
This means when you redeem your gold coin points on your physical game it is tied to your Nintendo account forever so I would imagine this confirms to Nintendo the certificate your using does belong to your account and is an official game and not someone else's game/certificate or ie using a back up!

As far as installing .nsp files these come straight from Nintendo's servers so I don't think these have a certificate or are tied to your console like a physical release does because to get the game you pay first on eshop and then it downloads to your switch so Nintendo knows you have paid for it via eshop on your account. All installing .nsp's does is by pass the eshop part to your switch which tbh I doubt Nintendo would even know. Of course if say for example you downloaded MK8D .nsp, installed it and went online gaming with it then Nintendo would know your using a digital game without paying for it because it wont be tied to your Nintendo account as a purchase so a ban is inevitable.

Last edited by Reecey,
Reactions: Friffy1

Friffy1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm thinking collecting your reward coins on your physical donor game identifies the certificate/game to your account/switch because without collecting the reward coins you could also be using a friends game or a rented game etc.. it could be being used by anyone, it could even be a back up for all Nintendo knows! at least this way Nintendo knows your using a legit game from yourself on your account by collecting the reward coins ie the certificate belongs to that account. I'm not sure but I presume once a reward coin has been collected of a physical game it cannot be done again else if this was the case you could just use friends games, rented games keep collecting your gold coins up to get money off using eshop games I doubt Nintendo would allow this to happen else it would be a huge loop hole to stock pile gold coins on your account.

Yes I thought so just googled it, Nintendo explain here below about redeeming gold coins on physical games:
  • Gold Points for physical games must be claimed within one year of the game’s original release date.
  • A game card can only be redeemed one time. If it has already been redeemed on one Nintendo Account, it cannot be redeemed again on a different one.
This means when you redeem your gold coin points on your physical game it is tied to your Nintendo account forever so I would imagine this confirms to Nintendo the certificate your using does belong to your account and is an official game and not someone else's game/certificate or ie using a back up!

Okay. I see what you're saying. But I think it's still kind of a far reach to say they've in some way tied that to piracy identification. I mean, the cert that got me banned was a brand new game. It was used only by me. As I mentioned before, I never redeemed coins from it. That's true enough. But it was only ever used on my console. I dunno. Obviously I can't say you're wrong. But it just seems like a reach to me. I guess the way to prove this out is for me to buy a new Switch, redeem the coins on another original game, slut that cert to a few backups and play them online and see what happens. Mmmm.... Not blowing another $300 today. But maybe in the future. :-)

Rel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay. I see what you're saying. But I think it's still kind of a far reach to say they've in some way tied that to piracy identification. I mean, the cert that got me banned was a brand new game. It was used only by me. As I mentioned before, I never redeemed coins from it. That's true enough. But it was only ever used on my console. I dunno. Obviously I can't say you're wrong. But it just seems like a reach to me. I guess the way to prove this out is for me to buy a new Switch, redeem the coins on another original game, slut that cert to a few backups and play them online and see what happens. Mmmm.... Not blowing another $300 today. But maybe in the future. :-)
Definitely a reach, I would say the main reason people are being cert banned is because they are using mismatch certs.

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah I know what you mean its a very expensive way of confirming a theory but we don't know, its only assumptions that may be correct but for all we know we all might get banned in the end eventually its just a matter of waiting our turn to come around. None of us know why some are getting banned and others are not, ok the theory sounds great but none of us really know if any of this information is correct, only Nintendo knows the truth!

Edit: all I'm going on is past experience, it fits and seems to match!

Last edited by Reecey,

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Occam's Razor is simple: the cert mismatch is being identified and the cert is banned, then they proceed to escalate and potentially ban the console if they see other flags.

Why people came to think the cert *isn't* matched to something even if it passes dauth was born from a hope of fooling the system but not reality.

Reactions: Rel

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Occam's Razor is simple: the cert mismatch is being identified and the cert is banned, then they proceed to escalate and potentially ban the console if they see other flags.

Why people came to think the cert *isn't* matched to something even if it passes dauth was born from a hope of fooling the system but not reality.
So explain why so many of us have not been banned and it seems the members that have not been banned have rewarded the points on their donor certificate. A mismatch in the certificate I find hard to believe it’s the source of the bans. Many have been careless using card 2 on card 1 or visa versa, they have been banned of course, others have used smaller certificates on larger games that was a known fact from the 3ds scene not to do, so is not collecting the reward coins the next level of identification on a certificate? Who knows? it just might be..

Last edited by Reecey,

Friffy1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So explain why so many of us have not been banned and it seems the members that have not been banned have rewarded the points on their donor certificate. A mismatch in the certificate I find hard to believe it’s the source of the bans. Many have been careless using card 2 on card 1 or visa versa, they have been banned of course, others have used smaller certificates on larger games that was a known fact from the 3ds scene not to do, so is not collecting the reward coins the next level of identification on a certificate? Who knows? it just might be..
I do believe that answer may be geographically-related. That EU privacy laws are hurting Nintendo's efforts to see some needed data.

Reactions: Reecey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Carotenemia causes skin to appear orange-ish in color. Orange Pi. Carotenemia Pussy. Get it. lolol +1