Hacking XCXGecko: Xenoblade Chronicles X trainer GUI using pyGecko

Marcsoup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just want to mention that using the May 3rd build of tcpgecko, I had to add an offset of 32768 for the US eshop version on 5.5.1. For anyone who can't seem to get D000 or B000 working, give that a shot. Change code_offset: 0 to code_offset: 32768 in config.ini
---Edit---
I spoke too soon... Apparently items don't seem to work... Character info, funds, and sizes seem to work fine, just not items and gear... nevermind...

Last edited by Marcsoup,

haidokamui

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@haidokamui You don't need JGeckoU. XCXGecko connects to the console and all the things. BTW you can't run both programs simultanously. If one TCPGecko program is connected to the WiiU no other similar software can connect to it. So close the connection of XCXGecko (or the software itself) and AFTER that you should be able to use JGeckoU. If not, you can try to disable the Autodetect IP option in JGeckoU and manually enter your WiiU's IP (obviously don't have any TCPGecko-like programs running, like I said before).

Hi and thank you for the answer. I tried the solution someone posted which explains that the WiiU ip's address can also be find in the WiiU browser in developer settings. After that I tried connect to XCXGecko while in game but I "failed" everytime because of a "time out" problem. Then I tried to connect to XCXGecko while still in the game menu before loading my save and it worked.

Have a nice day!

Lisandra_brave

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
+0x44 - +0x78 : Everything from character creation

44, 46 : face/hair style, two bytes each
48 : hair add on
4A : moles, one byte
4B : Freckles, one byte
4C : Cheeks, one byte
4D : scars, one byte
4E : Face paint, two (?) bytes
50 : Eye style, two bytes
52 : gender, two bytes. 01 is male, 02 is female
54 : two byte unknown, doesn't crash with garbage data
56 : voice, two bytes
58 : skin tone, two bytes
5A : lips, two bytes
5C : Eyeshadow, two bytes
5E : Eye color 1, two bytes
60 : Eye color 2, two bytes
62 : Hair color 1, two bytes
64 : hair color 2, two bytes
66 : two byte unknown, doesn't crash with garbage data
68 : height, breast sizes, four floating point numbers

Oh, and all playable characters have all of these. So now instead of spending an hour making one perfect character, you can spend 18 making everyone absolutely perfect.

Reactions: Terago and Vivec

Yahtzeh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting super confused.
I'll try to explain my problem, but it's really long...

I'm using the 5.5.x method I guess, since that's what version my U is and I'm using an actual copy of the game.
First thing is that it says I need "Kernel" and "PyGecko" in use.
Does it mean like, just normal Kernel? Cause I've used that for Sm4sh hacks before...
I dunno what this PyGecko is, or where to download it, and I've tried looking it up...
I have Loadiine GX2 on my SD Card, though the link in the steps tells me "Put whatever games you want if you go for loadiine or whatever apps you want. There are several tutorials for this." but I can't find one for XCX.
I also have Homebrew Launcher on my SD, but the link says to download "Homebrew Browser", which as far as I can tell was an old Wii thing.
By now I've done both, but should I go to "http://192.168.XXX.XXX/hax?loadiine" or "http://192.168.XXX.XXX/hax?launcher"?

And lastly, these 2 steps "3.Load kexpolit31 by going to http://*your.computer.ip*/hax?kexploit31 in the wiiu internet browser
4. Load TCPGecko http://*your.computer.ip*/hax?tcpgecko in the wiiu internet browser".
Do I just do both after turning on my Wii U? Or do I need to do something like Kernel > Kernel10 >Kernel31 >Etc?

Scarecrow B

ScrapTown
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
@haidokamui You don't need JGeckoU. XCXGecko connects to the console and all the things. BTW you can't run both programs simultanously. If one TCPGecko program is connected to the WiiU no other similar software can connect to it. So close the connection of XCXGecko (or the software itself) and AFTER that you should be able to use JGeckoU. If not, you can try to disable the Autodetect IP option in JGeckoU and manually enter your WiiU's IP (obviously don't have any TCPGecko-like programs running, like I said before).

@newdoria88 That a NPC can simply vanish just it has some (or false) affinity is interesting. Maybe a game issue? That it's through the tool which only raises the value and nothing else, I can't believe that... but I thought affinity is only available after you finished the main story?

You can gain affinity through affinity quests right after chapter 3. After resetting Lin’s affinity to 0 I did 1 affinity quest for Lin and then again maxed Lin's affinity, and now it seems to work fine. Maybe it has something to do with having max values for something that you are not supposed to even have yet. (though it only happened with Lin and I maxed all the others npcs affinity too, sooo ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)

onepiecefreak

Kuriimu 2 Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@Yahtzeh You're using the retail game (game on a disc). That means you have to load Kexploit31 and after that TCPGecko in your WiiU Browser. PyGecko is is simply TCPGecko. PyGecko is used on the WiiU in order to connect it with your PC. So on the WiiU TCPGecko(pygecko) is running.

Loadiine: It is used to play games without a disc or eshop version. It means you can put an order structure of one game in the SD Card of your WiiU to play it with Loadiine. Loadiine has an extra setting 'pygecko' which allows it to connect to your PC. Since Loadiine uses an own Kernelexploit (Kexploit10) you have to use other methods to load. For Loadiine you don't use Kexploit31>TCPGecko>Loadiine... or whatever. You simply load Kexploit10>Loadiine. Amd amything else can be done through the Loadiine Launcher.
FYI: All these things like Kexploit10 or 31 are called payloads.

Hope I could Help you.

EDIT: The tutorials aren't written for specific games. They only explain in general what has to be done in order to load games with loadiine.

Last edited by onepiecefreak,

godden18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im having a problem.im on hte latest firmware and i have XCX on disc. ive loaded kernal 31 and then loaded tcpgecko via the homebrew browser.
i then load up the game and then load up the trainer on my pc. the wii u and pc connect no problem but no matter what values i change in the trainer.nothing changes in the game.
what am i doing wrong?

onepiecefreak

Kuriimu 2 Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Have you added the recommended offsets to the codes?`In 5.5.X you need to add an offset of 0xB000 or 0xD000 to the codes in the tool, to get them to work.

onepiecefreak

Kuriimu 2 Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
In new newest version of the XCXGecko tool, in the top menu bar, you can choose the offset the should be used for 5.5.X. One offset for the US version and one for EU/JP version.

But be aware to try to use both options if one of them isn't working.

godden18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In new newest version of the XCXGecko tool, in the top menu bar, you can choose the offset the should be used for 5.5.X. One offset for the US version and one for EU/JP version.

But be aware to try to use both options if one of them isn't working.

yes ive tried that.but its not working.
also when i click the fetch button,say on funds. shouldn't it give me the number of the funds i have in the game?

onepiecefreak

Kuriimu 2 Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
And it's not working, but properly connecting... hmm. Very interesting.

You're using firmware 5.5.X and the retail version of the game. Which game update have you installed? 1.0.1 or 1.0.2? And which region?

Last edited by onepiecefreak,

godden18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And it's not working, but properly connecting... hmm. Very interesting.

yes the light go's green on the trainer when ive connected the pc to the wii u. no matter what offset i set it on.nothing working.
when i click on fetch on funds etc. it just gives me loads of 9's
ive changed them about with no luck.
ive saved and reset the console btu still nothing

onepiecefreak

Kuriimu 2 Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Maybe the tool doesn't recognize the new offset? Just to be sure, type one of the numbers (for example 45056) that's given in the offset menu in the config.ini from the tool. The line in the config.ini is named "code_offset: ". After that save the file and restart the tool after changing the config.ini. Try that with every offset and report back.

godden18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe the tool doesn't recognize the new offset? Just to be sure, type one of the numbers (for example 45056) that's given in the offset menu in the config.ini from the tool. The line in the config.ini is named "code_offset: ". After that save the file and restart the tool after changing the config.ini. Try that with every offset and report back.

tried them and no luck.also should i still beable to connect with the wii u via the trainer even if the wii u is on the dashboard?

trigao

Ninten
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@MiMiCAX
i was able to edit most of things.... but i cant edit my materials!
when i click in Cache Slots, in the log gives me val(1C3D26E4)=0007A120, type_val(F4) unexpected(68) and none of slots are filled with anything all of them are [NOT IN DB]... and always gives me cannot poke empty slots even tho, when i put a item that i have and click search id, it tells me what slot it is but if i click in READ VALUE FROM MEMORY turns back to [NOT IN DB]

Last edited by trigao,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu