Hacking XCXGecko: Xenoblade Chronicles X trainer GUI using pyGecko

onepiecefreak

Kuriimu 2 Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think not. Theoretically you could have max Lvl right at the beginning if you would grind for an unknown time. So you could have without cheats maxxed out Lvls right at the beginning. So no, it's not game breaking.

onepiecefreak

Kuriimu 2 Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You need the files of your game from the disc to play it with loadiine. You can rip them or download them from the internet. I don't know if you can use your save in loadiine.

godden18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need the files of your game from the disc to play it with loadiine. You can rip them or download them from the internet. I don't know if you can use your save in loadiine.

sorry.what i mean is. where im having problems with the save editor with the disc.do i need the game running and my save loaded for me to beable to use the save editor? im woundering if thats where ive been going wrong? having the save loaded uo on the console and editing the save.

Yahtzeh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Yahtzeh You're using the retail game (game on a disc). That means you have to load Kexploit31 and after that TCPGecko in your WiiU Browser. PyGecko is is simply TCPGecko. PyGecko is used on the WiiU in order to connect it with your PC. So on the WiiU TCPGecko(pygecko) is running.

Loadiine: It is used to play games without a disc or eshop version. It means you can put an order structure of one game in the SD Card of your WiiU to play it with Loadiine. Loadiine has an extra setting 'pygecko' which allows it to connect to your PC. Since Loadiine uses an own Kernelexploit (Kexploit10) you have to use other methods to load. For Loadiine you don't use Kexploit31>TCPGecko>Loadiine... or whatever. You simply load Kexploit10>Loadiine. Amd amything else can be done through the Loadiine Launcher.
FYI: All these things like Kexploit10 or 31 are called payloads.

Hope I could Help you.

EDIT: The tutorials aren't written for specific games. They only explain in general what has to be done in order to load games with loadiine.
Okay so, I went to the url for Kexploit31, then after it took me to the home menu, I went to the url for TCPGecko, then after that took me to the menu, I booted up the game, then I opened XCX, input my adress, and it says Failed to connect to Wii U

onepiecefreak

Kuriimu 2 Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@godden18 In order to edit any values you need to have an actual save running, yes. In order to connect you only have the game running.

@Yahtzeh So far it seems all correct. Why you can't connect then? Hmm... Stupid question, can your WiiU in general can connect to the internet? (Ok, you can load the payloads Kexploit31 and TCPGecko, but I ask only to be sure.)

Last edited by onepiecefreak,

Nightbane30

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you added the recommended offsets to the codes?`In 5.5.X you need to add an offset of 0xB000 or 0xD000 to the codes in the tool, to get them to work.
That's only for Loadiine. He said he has a disc copy.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

As has been said several times in the topic, if you're self hosting and using a disc/eshop version of the game:

1. Download the exploit/server at https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...server-loadiine-homebrew-launcher-etc.424948/
2. Use cmd/terminal to run haxserver.jar
3. Load kexpolit31 by going to http://*your.computer.ip*/hax?kexploit31 in the wiiu internet browser
4. Load TCPGecko http://*your.computer.ip*/hax?tcpgecko in the wiiu internet browser
5. Boot into XCX from home menu.
6. Load XCXGecko once loaded into the game and enter your Wii U's IP address, should get a greentext 'connected to wiiu' message
Try this. This worked for me (5.5.1 USA Disc).

Yahtzeh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@godden18 In order to edit any values you need to have an actual save running, yes. In order to connect you only have the game running.

@Yahtzeh So far it seems all correct. Why you can't connect then? Hmm... Stupid question, can your WiiU in general can connect to the internet? (Ok, you can load the payloads Kexploit31 and TCPGecko, but I ask only to be sure.)
Yeah, and the command window on my computer even tells me when I've done the payloads...
Maybe I don't have something set up on the SD Card?

EarlAB

hon hon titty croissants
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
isthe character height and bust size able to be changed on th usa disk version because i cannot seem to get those to change
Yes, but the boobs are not very noticeable as there is a size limit from what I can gather.
(Which absolutely sucks. What if I wanted them to be the size of a tank? lol)

godden18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's only for Loadiine. He said he has a disc copy.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Try this. This worked for me (5.5.1 USA Disc).

ive tried to do that but when i load up exploit 31 it comes up with an error in the java box and on hte wii it just fails to load

Last edited by godden18,

Gunz77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, new user and I know absolutely nothing about programming, but I do have a question:

Is it possible to use XCXGecko to reset story progress?

I was really disappointed with the lack of NG+, and when I started experimenting with Gecko last night, the idea came to me. I know it would require knowing the addresses for the quest flags, and I don't have the slightest clue of how to go about finding them.

If not, no worries.

Bumping my earlier question, because I'm still interested in the possibility of an artificial New Game +.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*