Hacking XCXGecko: Xenoblade Chronicles X trainer GUI using pyGecko

Vivec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
As the first post says that code requests go here...
  • A code to enable/disable a character. Make Lao, Boze and the likes appear and disappear from their hanging spot.
  • A way to edit skell names. It's bullshit that some come with names that are longer than the longest you are allowed to enter.
  • I've checked the thread and I'm aware that this is a lot of work but, some sort of equipment editor, pretty please?

Also, on the ItemDB tab, I can only open item_id_v1.0.1e.txt, any other CustomDB fails.

Any instructions for disc users? I can run the loadiine.ovh website and it launches the exploit successfully, I boot into Loadiine and enable pyGecko. When I exit and launch Xenoblade from disc it and launch XCX gecko on my laptop, it says "Time out connecting to Wii U" every time.

Please any help is appreciated for disc users

What I do is go to http://wj44.ml and click on "5.5.x/5.4.0/5.3.2 WiiU Kernel Exploit (mapps 0xA00000000 to Physical 0x10000000)(For Loadiine, Dumpiine and HBL)."
Then, revisit it and click "Kernel Examples (PyGecko...)" and on the next page "PyGecko (Allows cheating)" at the top.
Now launch the game normally and when I'm in control of the character I start the connection in XCXGecko.

Last edited by Vivec,

hanseo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • A code to enable/disable a character. Make Lao, Boze and the likes appear and disappear from their hanging spot.
  • A way to edit skell names. It's bullshit that some come with names that are longer than the longest you are allowed to enter.
  • I've checked the thread and I'm aware that this is a lot of work but, some sort of equipment editor, pretty please?

Also, on the ItemDB tab, I can only open item_id_v1.0.1e.txt, any other CustomDB fails.

What I do is go to http://wj44.ml and click on "5.5.x/5.4.0/5.3.2 WiiU Kernel Exploit (mapps 0xA00000000 to Physical 0x10000000)(For Loadiine, Dumpiine and HBL)."
Then, revisit it and click "Kernel Examples (PyGecko...)" and on the next page "PyGecko (Allows cheating)" at the top.
Now launch the game normally and when I'm in control of the character I start the connection in XCXGecko.

why do every time go to http://wj44.ml and click on "5.5.x/5.4.0/5.3.2 WiiU Kernel Exploit (mapps 0xA00000000 to Physical 0x10000000)(For Loadiine, Dumpiine and HBL it freezes the wii u

TGLaw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would love to know how to modify items. Even just the weapons. Can anyone give me some tips?

I saw the creator of XCXgecko talking about this (so credits to him), I'll share my findings:

- The Attribute, Cooldown, Ammo, TP Gain, Stability and Max upgrades are all tied to the weapon's ID
- The only thing you can modify outside of the ID that's useful is the Additional Effects (or "Weapon Traits") and the augments

How to find the weapons in the RAM and modify their ID/Augments/Traits:

1. Open TCPGecko and connect to the Wii U
2. On the search tab, set the memory range to start at (1C3AC6B8 and end at 1C3B2448 for ranged), or (1C3B2460 and end at 1C3B81F0 for melee weapons)
3. In-game, equip a really obscure augment to one of the weapons you want to modify. I use Beam Attack Up III for this.
4. Make sure the weapon is not equipped by you. It must be in your inventory, or rather in the "Unequipped gear" section.
5. In TCPGecko, set the Data Type to 16-bit. Since Beam Attack III's augment ID is 646, I set the search value to "0646" and hit search.
6. One result should pop up. If more than one pop up, de-equip the augment and refine the search with "0000"
7. Right click the result and hit memory viewer.
8. Modify to your liking. Repeat steps 9 and up for any weapons. This works with gear too.
9. Here is a refined explanation for each item. MiMiCAX originally wrote this as far as I know, so credits to him. I modified it to make more sense of some things.

Format: vvvwxxxx yyyyyyyy zzzzpppq aaaabbbb cccc1111 22223333

If you followed my steps and equipped the augment to the 1st slot on the weapon, you will have selected "cccc1111" so the next 4 bytes should be the remaining 2 augment slots. The prior 16 bytes are "vvvwxxxx yyyyyyyy zzzzpppq aaaabbbb" and you will only be modifying vvv, aaaa, bbbb, cccc, 1111, 2222 and 3333.

v: 2-byte unknown; Gear ID.
w: idk, but for some reason this is almost always "8" or "0" and changing it only makes the item disappear from your inventory
x: 2-byte unknown; ranged wep=0xC008/0xC009, melee wep=0xE008/0xE009
y: 4-byte unknown; possibly indicates item purchase / found locations; only seen \0 in last 6 bits
z: 2-byte unknown; only seen 0x0000
p: 10-bit placement index (incl upper 2 bits of 3rd byte)
q: 6-bit unknown; only seen 0b000000
a-c: gear/skell skill ID 1-3: subformat yyyi
y: 12-bit (packed); skill type + base lvl (if applicable); see codes/gear_id_v1.0.1e.txt
i: 4-bit skill level incr (+0 to +15)
1-3: augment slot 1-3: 0xFFFF = no slot, 0x0000 = empty slot, other values = possibly augment slot ID: subformat iyyy
y: 12-bit (packed); skill type + base lvl (if applicable); see codes/gear_id_v1.0.1e.txt
i: augment slot (0x0yyy), or no slot (0xFFFF)

10. For modifying augments, go to the last 6 bytes. You will be modifying 1111 22223333 to become any augment.
10A. 1111 22223333 are all three augment slots. If you make it FFFF FFFFFFFF the slots will no longer be empty, and likewise if they are 0000 00000000 it will set them to empty slots.
10B. Modify them following this:

1111 2222 3333 = i111 i222 i333

List of augment/skill IDs: http://pastebin.com/9QDqD267
1 = Augment ID for slot #1
2 = Augment ID for slot #2
3 = Augment ID for slot #3
i = Indicator for whether the slot exists or not. If set to 0 the slot will exist (and if you set 111, 222 or 333's ram to "000" it will say empty slot), if you set it to F the slot will not exist (and likewise setting 111, 222 or 333's ram to "FFF" will clear the slot completely).

10C. Replace augment IDs as you please!

11. For modifying skills/traits, go to the 6 bytes before the augments.
11A. aaaibbbi ccci are all 3 skill slots. If you remove the skills it will make your weapon have no rarity. 1 skill = rare, 2 skills = unique, 3 skills = prime.
11B. Modify them following this:

aaaabbbb cccc = aaai bbbi ccci

List of augment/skill IDs: http://pastebin.com/9QDqD267
a = Skill/Trait ID for slot #1
b = Skill/Trait ID for slot #2
c = Skill/Trait ID for slot #3
i = Upgrades used on the augment. So for example if I set the trait to Melee Accuracy Boost II (ID: 0CA) and add 6 upgrades to it, I would replace aaai to 0CA6, and it would appear in-game as Melee Accuracy Boost VIII.

11C. Replace traits as you please!

12. Item IDs are different... we'll be looking at the first 4 bytes of the item: vvvwxxxx
12A. There is no list of item IDs that I know of unfortunately =( but maybe the creator could implement one?
12B. Replace vvv with whatever item ID you want. 668 is Bewitched Glaive: Receding Rust which is most likely all you care about :P
12C. Replace w to 8, for some reason some weapons have other numbers. Receding Rust is 8, so the first 2 bytes on it would be 6688.
12D. xxxx is what identifies which area it will appear in when you go to equip weapons. For rust it's either E009 or E008, ranged weapons are C009 and C008. I have never been able to change this to something that works but you can give it a shot.

My rust looks like this:

6688E009 yyyyyyyy zzzzpppq 62A528F5 00000294 02940D68

(whatever y z p and q are, just ignore them)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Really wish an augment/trait editor could be added to XCXGecko, but this method will have to work For Now™. You can also use this to modify gear, I haven't checked Skell gear though. Here's the addresses MiMiCAX wrote:

Range for Ranged Weapons: 1C3AC6B8 to 1C3B2448
Range for Melee Weapons: 1C3B2460 to 1C3B81F0
Range for Armor: 1C3A6910 to 1C3AC6A0
Range for Skell Weapons: 1C3A0B68 to 1C3A68F8
Range for Skell Armor: 1C39ADC0 to 1C3A0B50

Last edited by TGLaw,
Reactions: krylo and Mastadope

Safo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Do I need to setup anything on the sd card for this to work? My wii u freezes after clicking PyGecko(Allows Cheating) on black screen with video player

zeyfuller

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So does anyone have this working with the disc version on 5.5.1? If so, I'd like some help.
Everything on this site just freezes my console 100% of the time.

Vivec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
why do every time go to http://wj44.ml and click on "5.5.x/5.4.0/5.3.2 WiiU Kernel Exploit (mapps 0xA00000000 to Physical 0x10000000)(For Loadiine, Dumpiine and HBL it freezes the wii u
So does anyone have this working with the disc version on 5.5.1? If so, I'd like some help.

Everything on this site just freezes my console 100% of the time.

Are your cookies clean? It's the only thing I can think of. And you don't even need a SD card for this to work.

zeyfuller

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried clearing them, same result. Self-hosted exploit and pygecko load just fine, but I get an error (160-3201, mentioned it earlier) when I go to load the game.

Edit: After trying to load other games, it seems like pygecko isn't going to work outside of Loadiine at all. Sucks since I'm not using that for games I own.

Last edited by zeyfuller,

HeroPrinny

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So is this working on 5.5.1 yet?
I use Kexploit10, into loadiine, XCX set to ssb launch. Open, exit Mii maker, load kexploit31 then tcpgecko and then launch ssb disc.

But XCXGecko isn't working for me

zeyfuller

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got it working with the tcpgecko mp4 linked here
I still find it odd that I can only self host (even tried using my own website to no avail) but at least this works.

HeroPrinny

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The replacement. I'm using Loadliine with game on SD

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The replacement. I'm using Loadliine with game on SD

Guess it works with normal one? But even then it would be 1.0.2E which isn't compatible

zeyfuller

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello can anyone help me out with getting the gear database to load, I get this error when I try "Failed to parse Item ID DB on line 4: invalid literal for int() with base 16: 'Max'" what do I do to fix this?
Hmm, the files are formatted differently, that error isn't exactly wrong. Where are we supposed to use that file?

Missing Number

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
wonder why gear mods aren't a full page....

its not that difficult to tweak em, so a gui for it would be mad appreciated.

add C to a weapon/armor to find Skill slots 1 and 2
4 more for 3 and augment slot 1
4 more for augment slot 2 and 3

end up with stuff like this which is what i use

Melee 1 - (these are 3 CDR XXs + 3 empty slots btw)
1C3B246C 2E602E60
1C3B2470 2E600000
1C3B2474 00000000

Reactions: TGLaw

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :ohnoes: @NoiseCommander3DS Would you please turn down that noise. I haven't had my COFFEE yet... +1