Hacking XCXGecko: Xenoblade Chronicles X trainer GUI using pyGecko

Arballisk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have experienced the same thing. I can connect with it but it cant read anything.
It turns out that the tool only work with the disc and eshop versions and that it cannot with a loadiine version. It has nothing to do with firmware.

Your best bet is to wait for an updated tool that can work with loadiine or edit the saves manually (which I did to give my character massive breasts and a lot of money:D).

There's a way to edit saves? That would be great, do you have a link or instructions? I want to just get lots of materials and collectables from the beginning of the game so I don't have to worry about MMO-esque grinding for the rest of the game.

onepiecefreak

Kuriimu 2 Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You can use the tool with loadiine. I do it, too. And all codes are working. I don't know what you guys do, but I can assure that XCXGecko is working on all FW at retail, eshop and loadiine versions. And at updates 1.0.1 for the gme for all regions.
For FW 5.5.1 I can agree that the offset B000 is working for ALL codes.

Arballisk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use the tool with loadiine. I do it, too. And all codes are working. I don't know what you guys do, but I can assure that XCXGecko is working on all FW at retail, eshop and loadiine versions. And at updates 1.0.1 for the gme for all regions.

Do I have to use a hexadecimal calculator to add B000 to all the addresses in the item code list, or is there an automated method?

Or can someone upload their list?

onepiecefreak

Kuriimu 2 Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I wrote the creator of the tool that he can add the feature for 5.5.1. You can write the path for the file with the cheat codes in the config.ini. Just change all addresses in the cheat file and wrote the new path in the config.

Nevermore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kinda funny how making a character level 60 doesn't really make them that much stronger. Gear is that important in this game.

Speaking of characters, with this tool or save editing is it possible to (End Game Spoilers)
Bring back Lao as a recruitable party member?

Vegeta

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Well it's worked for me once (FW 5.3.2) but I can get it to work 100% if I use the codes bundled with XCXGecko with +B000 offset with the poke option in TCPGeckoNet.

EvilBakura

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Guys this is probably a VERY silly noob question, do forgive me, but... will this tool work with other games?

Let me explain

i'm on WiiU 5.5.1, and i can use this tool perfectly on xenoblade ( disc version )

by doing this:

1 - Run the kExploit 31 in the browser.

2 - Run PyGecko in the browser.

3 - On the PC, edit the config.ini and places this:

[General]
wiiu_ip: YOUR IP WIIU
loadiine_v4_pygecko: false

[Databases]
code_db: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/mimicax/XCXGecko/master/codes/xcx_v1.0.1e.txt
; code_db: codes/xcx_v1.0.1e.txt
; code_db: codes/xcx_v1.0.1j.txt
; code_db: codes/temp_codes.txt

item_id_db: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/mimicax/XCXGecko/master/codes/item_id_v1.0.1e.txt
; item_id_db: codes/item_id_v1.0.1e.txt

local_code_db: codes/xcx_v1.0.1e.txt
local_item_id_db: codes/item_id_v1.0.1e.txt

[Verbosity]

read: True
poke: True
poke_str: True

4 - Save and run the program XCXGecko.exe

5- Connect your Wii U via the IP you have in it

To use cheats on other games i use JGecko U but for some reason it never works, unlike this tool.

So... let's say i put on another game on my WiiU, then load this xenoblade tool and put cheats for that game in the " custom codes " section of XCXGecko... will it work?

MiMiCAX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do I have to use a hexadecimal calculator to add B000 to all the addresses in the item code list, or is there an automated method?

Or can someone upload their list?
Currently XCXGecko can add a fixed offset to all codes on start-up. If you really wanted to, you could change the offset and run the non-packaged Python version today.

Over this upcoming weekend I plan to make this feature more flexible, by allowing users to toggle between different offset "modes" via the GUI, as well as specifying arbitrary offsets in config.ini.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Guys this is probably a VERY silly noob question, do forgive me, but... will this tool work with other games?

Let me explain

i'm on WiiU 5.5.1, and i can use this tool perfectly on xenoblade ( disc version )

by doing this:

1 - Run the kExploit 31 in the browser.

2 - Run PyGecko in the browser.

3 - On the PC, edit the config.ini and places this:

[General]
wiiu_ip: YOUR IP WIIU
loadiine_v4_pygecko: false

[Databases]
code_db: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/mimicax/XCXGecko/master/codes/xcx_v1.0.1e.txt
; code_db: codes/xcx_v1.0.1e.txt
; code_db: codes/xcx_v1.0.1j.txt
; code_db: codes/temp_codes.txt

item_id_db: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/mimicax/XCXGecko/master/codes/item_id_v1.0.1e.txt
; item_id_db: codes/item_id_v1.0.1e.txt

local_code_db: codes/xcx_v1.0.1e.txt
local_item_id_db: codes/item_id_v1.0.1e.txt

[Verbosity]

read: True
poke: True
poke_str: True

4 - Save and run the program XCXGecko.exe

5- Connect your Wii U via the IP you have in it

To use cheats on other games i use JGecko U but for some reason it never works, unlike this tool.

So... let's say i put on another game on my WiiU, then load this xenoblade tool and put cheats for that game in the " custom codes " section of XCXGecko... will it work?
That's exactly what I do. Notice how your version of config.ini has a commented code_db line pointing to temp_codes.txt? I was using XCXGecko with Fatal Frame that way :)

Reactions: Vegeta

Nevermore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wanted to say thank you, with the newest release it worked perfectly with the Eshop version. All I did was launch TCPGecko with loadiine.ovh then the game and it worked. The key thing I did was I set a static IP to my Wii U, so I know it won't change so it found it easily.

I also have some silly questions.

So, the boob range. What's the maximum and minimum values for them? Can it go below or exceed what the game limits, and would it stay on reload? If so, what would happen if you were to go into the character reroll thing with the changed boob size?

Lisandra_brave

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1C395460 skell slot 1(?) name
1C3955D4 skell slot 2(?) name
skell data is clearly (probably) 0x174 bytes
Skell name max 35 ASCII characters null terminated. Start + 0x23 number of letters in name

Next step, finding out what exactly is in those 0x174 bytes.

E:
start +0x104 color 1
Each color is 0x10 bytes long

color format
four floating point numbers
Hue, saturation, brightness, unknown
stored as floating point fractions of 1. FP 1 = value 255, FP .5 = value 127

start + 0x172 matte or not (01 matte, anything else is gloss)

Why they decided to do it with floating point fractions I cannot say.

start+0x168 current fuel (floating point)
Setting it higher than max maxes your fuel, but nothing else.

Last edited by Lisandra_brave,
Reactions: Vivec

BetterThanVegas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wanted to say thank you, with the newest release it worked perfectly with the Eshop version. All I did was launch TCPGecko with loadiine.ovh then the game and it worked. The key thing I did was I set a static IP to my Wii U, so I know it won't change so it found it easily.

I also have some silly questions.

So, the boob range. What's the maximum and minimum values for them? Can it go below or exceed what the game limits, and would it stay on reload? If so, what would happen if you were to go into the character reroll thing with the changed boob size?
I was able to get them to 5.0. I didn't notice any real change after that and I didn't check for a minimum.
I've reloaded several times and Elma has stayed the same size.

Nevermore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to get them to 5.0. I didn't notice any real change after that and I didn't check for a minimum.
I've reloaded several times and Elma has stayed the same size.

Cool, I was playing around with it too. I didn't notice any difference between going from like 5 or so higher.

But what I did notice is that if you go below the lowest/highest that would exist for the slider, when you go into the character remake thing it'll auto adjust to the min or max, but not reset.

EDIT: I'm also an idiot, what's the method in making this work for Japanese version also? I want to take the time and catalog exactly what the values are for the depth/height/width slider from 1 to 100 to have an accurate list.

Edit 2: also. Are saves "region free"? Like could I just inject a U.S. Save into the Japanese one using Saviine? I have the save backed up, just to save myself some time with the value testing.

Last edited by Nevermore,

Lisandra_brave

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skell gear starts at +0x24 from the start of the skell, and follows the format described below

The Gear format on equipped stuff is as follows:
XXXX YYYL YYYL YYYL ZZZZ ZZZZ ZZZZ
X=the id of the weapon, Skell, armor. A fun Skell id is 0x13, for party members, sort of a invincible Ares at level 10 with hp, armor, eva and fuel at 60k-65535. it cannot normally equip weapons or armor though.
Y/Z=the skill id
L=upgrade count, max per skill would be 15(edit, couldn't let the 16 stand after all), making the max total of any gear 45, but the ramjet has 99 possible upgrades...

Of note is the skell frame location, which is at +0xB0 from the start.

Last edited by Lisandra_brave,
Reactions: Vivec

Nevermore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do i have to put anyting on my sd card in order to use pygecko
Nothing extra is needed.

What I did to make it work was I set up a Static IP on my Wii U. <Instructions>, used Loadiine.ovh to boot TCPGecko + Kernel from the drop down menu. Then when back at the home menu, started up the game (I have eshop version). Once game is loaded, I started the latest release of XCXGecko, and put in my Wii U's address I set and hit connect. Ever since the latest release for the tool, it's worked fine for me.

You can also go into the config.ini and replace the default IP with your Wii U's to save a step.

What may differ for you is what your Default Gateway is. For example, mine was 192.168.1.1, which I confirmed by doing "ipconfig" in Command Prompt. Also, doing this,the Wii U will ask you to put a DNS server, in which you should be using TubeHax's DNS for both (107.211.140.065).

Last edited by Nevermore,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Deeze nuts