XBox One DRM Back with a Vengeance

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Read the articles you're posting. It's literally working against your case.

You don't have to be a Microsoft praetorian here - it's still digital rights management even if they don't call it that. I'll edit the OP when I get some spare time to remove the 24-hour check reference, but this is still a form of DRM that's triggered by a currently unknown factor.
No I completely understand that part.
I was rendering to the check in you originally thought this was about.
We've already been discussing the licensing things above, so I understand that part.
It is strange why they were kicked out so suddenly but it's (SEMI) understandable as to why it occurred.
As was stated, they don't really know what the hecky caused it to happen. But we will hopefully know soon enough whether it was just a weird fluke or some hidden case.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
No I completely understand that part.
I was rendering to the check in you originally thought this was about.
We've already been discussing the licensing things above, so I understand that part.
It is strange why they were kicked out so suddenly but it's (SEMI) understandable as to why it occurred.
As was stated, they don't really know what the hecky caused it to happen. But we will hopefully know soon enough whether it was just a weird fluke or some hidden case.

Oh, don't worry - I'm a responsible member, I take care of my threads and will adjust the OP to be less confusing as quick as I can. There is indeed no 24-hour check, what's far more likely is that the XBox One did the whole "Try a game out on any account for 1 hour" thing they were talking about some time ago and once that time has passed, it checked for a license on the profile which naturally wasn't there since it was some gamer's profile and the system was offline so it couldn't update them, which is perfectly acceptable DRM, all things considered. I too eagerly wait for more details on the matter and I'm glad that the 24-hour check was not implemented.

Reactions: chavosaur

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Read the articles you're posting. It's literally working against your case.

You don't have to be a Microsoft praetorian here - it's still digital rights management even if they don't call it that. I'll edit the OP when I get some spare time to remove the 24-hour check reference, but this is still a form of DRM that's triggered by a currently unknown factor.
Or triggered by what I posted above...

So is the issue here that they have "a form of DRM"? I hope that's not your issue with this...

-edit
Err missed the last page... Sorry guy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night