adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Argos had this offer on before xmas and it only lasted a few days. They then put it back up to £80 with the games. Reserving the item online doesn't mean your going to get the item at that price. The offer should be good for another week though. When ordering or reserving online remember to add the 4 games to your basket, you then get them for free. The games are Halo 2, Fable, Forza Motorsport and Project Gotham 2. Even if you don't want it for games they are easy to softmod and you can use them for playing DVDs without the dongle, MP3s and most video formats including xvid and divx on XBMC.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5671867.htm

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Strangley enough, the cos of putting the chip into my Xbox is the same as the cost of that package. Anyways, I hope the 360 has a chip out soon.

lookout

GBAtemp Board Room
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I brought my for £299
frown.gif
3 year ago

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
A Modchip isn't needed anymore in an xbox, its just a waste of money. When you can softmod it with a memory card and a game like splinter cell. You can even turn the soft mod off now to go on xbox live, the krazies softmod is really configurable as well. The only hastle is fitting a harddrive with a softmod you have to make sure it locks and have to place it in your PC. The software for doing it is easy enough to use though.

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I bought a modchip for less than $15 inc p&p, thats cheaper than buying a memory card and a compatible game.
Fitting it was an issue, but I have friends who can solder well.

EDIT: The only real problem I had was installing a new HDD, as the drive wasn't working and I didn't know that prior to fitting it. Once I got a working HDD it was really easy to install.

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I jumped on this offer last month when they had it before - absolutely awesome deal! I've had mine softmodded with xbmc on; it's a great bit of kit. I suppose I could d/l the games but virtually all the best games can be bought on ebay for less than £5 shipped.

Oh yeah quick question - I have a couple of smartjoy SNES to USB adaptors. Anyone know if they would work if I connected them up to a female USB to xbox adaptor i.e. use SNES controllers on my xbox?

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I jumped on this offer last month when they had it before - absolutely awesome deal! I've had mine softmodded with xbmc on; it's a great bit of kit. I suppose I could d/l the games but virtually all the best games can be bought on ebay for less than £5 shipped.

Oh yeah quick question - I have a couple of smartjoy SNES to USB adaptors. Anyone know if they would work if I connected them up to a female USB to xbox adaptor i.e. use SNES controllers on my xbox?
How comes you didn't mention anything at that time
dry.gif
I've checked for availablility online for 6 stores and they're all sold out

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

It won't work
frown.gif
I got a competition pro joystick a while ago that works off USB. It will not work on the xbox. It has something to do with having to hack the xbox to use the controller, its not meant to be straight forward to do
frown.gif

lookout

GBAtemp Board Room
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

spas

Trophies
XP
Country
I paid 179.99 for mine makes you feel like shit for buying it but you had it when it was in fashion.

Soft modding VS modchips

17.99 for the replay card
7.99 for the game if you cant lend it

11.00 for a pogo pin spider chip

its a matter of choice really

I am trying to get my xbox to work at the moment but I am having Evox problems backing up the files via usb. It is not connecting I am using a crossover cable and one ethernet card.

the ip's for pc for xbox are different im using flashfxp I cant understand it.

I have a modchip and am running the evox dashing I dont want to install evox without backing up the files.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Soft modding VS modchips

17.99 for the replay card
7.99 for the game if you cant lend it

11.00 for a pogo pin spider chip

Where you getting those prices from? Gamestation/Cash Converters have splinter cell for £1-£2 depending on store. The Xploder full package is £5 at dixons/currys (includes memory card). If they have none in stock they have the Xploder light for £3 - couple that with a memory card from gamestation for £4 (or borrow one from a friend if you can). Max price of £9. You can always sell on the softmod tools for what you paid for them once you are done anyway - meaning it has cost nothing.

Chips were great when there was no other option. Once software exploits became stable there was little reason to use a chip (other than if you want to use it in a xbox with an unlocked hd).

bennyboo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah. - I just made a cable that was old wired controller to female USB and used an old 64MB usb flash drive for transferring across the savegames to the harddisk. With a bit of tinkering you can get Action Replay software to recognize different hardware.

Also the good thing with softmods is that once you've got everything you need you can do as many Xboxes as you like - no more expense, where as with modchips you have to buy a new chip for every xbox...

spas

Trophies
XP
Country
I was asking this guy at cash converters what he does with modded xbox's he said he checks the none tamper seal but it would be so funny if you gave him a soft modded one that boots the normal dash. Some kid takes it home and it has evoX on it.

But heres the thing Bennyboo I have the files need for the Splinter Cell exploit on the PAL system just tell me this.... How big does the memory card have to be. Is it a matter of putting the exploit on a 8meg xbox card using another chipped xbox and then using that to open evox on the softmodded xbox then ftping the software or will it all fit onto a 8meg offical xbox save cart??

Its because I want to softmod my friends xbox and mine is already chipped just need to know what he needs to buy a 8 meg memory unit should do the trick then?

As long as I can put the main files on using my chipped xbox (ftping)

I have been seeing a lot of usb stick to controller wires out there I just cant believe they work. Its like anything you ram into the xbox works!

bennyboo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey Spas,

Yes, the exploit will fit onto an 8 meg card, and the fact that your xbox is already modded will make life a hell of a lot easier. Like you say just copy the exploit to the memory using your modded xbox, then copy them to the unmodded xbox using the MS dash. Once you've got the FTP server running on his xbox then you can copy across apps etc.. but you don't need to ftp just to install the softmod as such.. a basic dashboard is there with the exploit usually. All the info. I ever needed I found on www.xbox-scene.com they have a whole softmod forum with tutorials etc...

I was asking this guy at cash converters what he does with modded xbox's he said he checks the none tamper seal but it would be so funny if you gave him a soft modded one that boots the normal dash. Some kid takes it home and it has evoX on it.

But heres the thing Bennyboo I have the files need for the Splinter Cell exploit on the PAL system just tell me this.... How big does the memory card have to be. Is it a matter of putting the exploit on a 8meg xbox card using another chipped xbox and then using that to open evox on the softmodded xbox then ftping the software or will it all fit onto a 8meg offical xbox save cart??

Its because I want to softmod my friends xbox and mine is already chipped just need to know what he needs to buy a 8 meg memory unit should do the trick then?

As long as I can put the main files on using my chipped xbox (ftping)

I have been seeing a lot of usb stick to controller wires out there I just cant believe they work. Its like anything you ram into the xbox works!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o