FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My game collection right now is focused on the 360, mainly as it is at least somewhat cheap even if I am now getting into rare game territory.
General philosophy is games that are seriously good, games that did something interesting even if the ultimate quality fell short, co-op (you can keep conflict denied ops) and I am not entirely averse to joke games either. I also seriously miss the mid budget games of the PS2 era which probably informs several choices in this.

By all means mention any sequels I might not have included here. Equally worst I will do is say "not for me" so suggestions welcome regardless.

Picture
360_game_collection.JPG

Plus resident evil 5 and 6 (I have all the numbered games + code veronica for PS2), kingdoms of amalur, the other version of Dragon's Dogma, skate 2 and some other mx vs atv games which are elsewhere right now, can probably get various forza games as well. Red disc at the bottom there is hitman absolution.
I only have Defiance and Gears 3 because they were likely being bundled with other games, indeed I traded away gears 2 with a friend some years ago so he had a real copy. Tomb Raider 2013 is there because I wanted to see what happened to the series (I played the originals back when), I don't particularly need the earlier versions and especially not at the price some seem to want for them.

On my notebook's list of things to find is dark souls, Risen 1 (I know it is a massively downgrade port of the PC version, want it anyway because it was that downgraded), Two Worlds 2 (I don't want 1, even if the use of "olde" English is legendary), castlevanias, gothic 4/arcana, bound by flame, earth defence force (2017 and 2022), Magna Carta II (PAL version of which is somewhat rare and expensive, possibly more than most. Price has come down in recent years though so should probably grab it before it goes back up. It is also one of the big three games on the 360 that got me back into RPGs -- Eternal Sonata and Resonance of Fate, both in the image above, being the other two), Venetica (it is a surprisingly good game, and I really like European deved things like this -- see also why Risen and several others are on the list, would also consider some of the once disappointing* titles like Cursed Crusade and the first templar), El Shaddai Ascension of the Metatron, tales of vesperia, magin and the forsaken kingdom and might as well get the ninety nine nights sequel if I see it.
However in the real world (game shops, charity shops, car boot sales... I do them all and in reasonably big towns and cities on occasion) I have not even seen them, even as a "not at that price", so probably going to have to go to online tat merchants and pay their fees.

*they both were set up as local co-op games and I will do a lot for local co-op, still fell somewhat short at the time but I think I am feeling generous in my old age.

You can see the rest in the picture. RPGs is probably going to the the main focus if I could but I think at this point I am mostly just missing Magna Carta 2, and will probably just have to not get it in the real world (I do like to do that where I can), Record of Agarest War/ Agarest: Generations of War and Zero might be added but price wise it was high when it started and did not fall far, not to mention is zero is OK but the first is PS3 only in Europe and Tales of Vesperia if I am rounding out the list. Weird and wonderful "action adventure" being a close runner up . I don't actually care that much about FPS/third person shooter titles but something of quality or notable gameplay elements I will have a look at, I don't care about Halo post 2 but ODST is there for a reason, the Bioshocks mostly because I felt I should play them at some point. Same for driving games actually -- unless it is of astounding quality or had some interesting mechanical aspects I don't really care (no particular desire to get the rest of the need for speed series really), hence why Blur, Split Second and Driver SF are relatively new additions to the collection (split second being the only one on the list for any length of time, retrospectives making the case for the others), if someone wants to make the case for getting the Burnout Paradise and/or Revenge then I am listening and can stand to hear why I should not have ignored Pure all these years (think I see that more than I see Fifa). Better have a very good reason for suggesting a sports game. Have contemplated some of the Sherlock Holmes games and things like them but not too strongly. Sacred 3 is an affront to the good name of Sacred so will not be in my collection any time soon, and I feel similarly strongly about Fable (I have never got along with that series), Dungeon Siege III also does not find itself in high esteem with me. Would consider Golden Axe: Beast Rider if I can find it for a reasonable price (some seem to have taken a shine to this in recent years). I am on record as liking Final Fantasy 12 quite a bit, but there is a reason 13 in not in that collection. Knights Contract is possibly an option more on the joke side. I would like some shmups but I am not that rich, and would definitely need a region unlocked 360 for that one (more on that shortly). If it is something I should really do on PC in current space year then might want to note that -- Deus Ex HR I do have a copy of somewhere but would be getting the PC version if I wanted to play it again.

I don't care about it being complete/complete for PAL region (note that while the 360 was region locked then not all games are, ABGX360 used to have a nice list of what was what there, probably should get a JTAG/RGH box working but eh). If a copy of My Horse & Me 2 (one of the seriously rare and unexpectedly pricey games) happens to drop into my lap then I will turn it around to fund some more fun. Similarly I don't care at all about rare editions, collector editions or anything like that unless it is truly notable on the gameplay extras department (I will certainly check but do be sure any "gold editions" are actually extra content and not base game plus long ago used code to download the DLC).

If I see Asura's Wrath for not a lot I will but I am not paying the prices many seem to be asking for it. I played it round a friend's once and it was amusing enough as a twist on button mashing and quick time but nothing I am paying serious money for. Not sure what I want to do about Deadpool. XBLA on disc I might pick up if it is more than the usual pac man one, though turned down Worms the other day (that more because I have them for PC) and there is plenty of excellent XBLA titles that are not available otherwise (some are sort of disc but I am alive, pac man, bomberman, magic the gathering, various Rare titles including Perfect Dark remake) but sadly not to be for me.

abda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
I am new to the Xbox 360 community but I have tried lots of games that I think are amazing for your collection,

Bully : Scholarship Edition

Saints Row 2 (experience the game in xbox 360, its better than the pc port.)

Deadpool

Castle Crashers (an xbox arcade game)

Driver : San Francisco

Reactions: slaphappygamer

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for those.

Driver SF is in there (next to split second, or about 13 in from the left on the bottom).

That video made a good case that I should probably drop £5 or so on it to give it a spin as it had some very interesting gameplay elements.

Bully I might go for, don't have the original xbox version either. Followed it through all the controversies but never particularly had it appeal as I am generally reticent to do anything set in a school (don't mind an episode but generally if a film, TV show, book, anime or similar is going to be set in one or the lives of those going to one then it has to be something very special for me to want to pay attention).

Is there a particular reason to get Saint's Row 2 when I have 4 there? I know some said it was going a bit off the rails with silly options where 2 might have been a better package in some ways similar to how later GTA titles also gained more and more baggage.

Deadpool is on the possibles list. I remember reporting on it though when it was dumped some years back (this was after the less than stellar appearance in one of the xmen films where he was a mute, and before the more recent films) and it was getting seriously mixed opinions on it. Plenty of things on that list however are things that others dismissed and have since gone on to become cult classics or hidden gems, and this could well be one of those.

abda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Thanks for those.

Driver SF is in there (next to split second, or about 13 in from the left on the bottom).

That video made a good case that I should probably drop £5 or so on it to give it a spin as it had some very interesting gameplay elements.

Bully I might go for, don't have the original xbox version either. Followed it through all the controversies but never particularly had it appeal as I am generally reticent to do anything set in a school (don't mind an episode but generally if a film, TV show, book, anime or similar is going to be set in one or the lives of those going to one then it has to be something very special for me to want to pay attention).

Is there a particular reason to get Saint's Row 2 when I have 4 there? I know some said it was going a bit off the rails with silly options where 2 might have been a better package in some ways similar to how later GTA titles also gained more and more baggage.

Deadpool is on the possibles list. I remember reporting on it though when it was dumped some years back (this was after the less than stellar appearance in one of the xmen films where he was a mute, and before the more recent films) and it was getting seriously mixed opinions on it. Plenty of things on that list however are things that others dismissed and have since gone on to become cult classics or hidden gems, and this could well be one of those.

-

Oh, I haven't noticed Driver SF. But Saints Row 2 for me at least felt different than the 4th, it was more realistic and didn't have super-powers but Saints Row 4 is an amazing game too.

Blakejansen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have alot of great games. Although technically not x360, you should try to get your hands on conkers bad fur day for the original xbox.

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah I am surprised that never saw at least an XBLA release (Banjo and Perfect Dark both got them, and there was not much in the way of competition). Did appear in the Rare Replay collection on the xbone though so I will probably go there in a year or three when xbones are going cheap and not yet called retro.
That said I was never especially enthralled by the N64 original to want to do it again now, the MS versions are also censored compared to the N64 one.

Also still been looking for games. The other day in a small town second hand game/dvd/electronics pawn/loan shop with a tiny 360 selection I found Tales of Vesperia for £6 among the copies of the usual shelf fodder in such places, almost did not go in either. Was not expecting that and was a good enough deal so added that to the collection/can scratch that off the list.

That said other than turning down Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom in CeX (£10 is too much for that for me, same for the Sega collection as apparently people really want that unlike most other XBLA on disc things) most things I see anywhere (car boot sales, charity shops, game shops...) are Fifa, Gears of War, Oblivion, Skyrim and Call of Duty plus random kinect games so I might have to start with online tat merchants as I doubt I will ever find Venetica or Magna Carta II PAL version in the real world (I don't even ever recall seeing them to turn down when I was broke) and those are my main two "can rest easy after that" titles, ones I would really rather not pay "rare hidden gem RPG" prices for in a few years. Turns out I can also spot the subtle difference in colour between Shrek films and xbox 360 cases in a stack at 10 paces if we are collecting one for the useless skills list.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The two Naruto games by Ubisoft. They used the original series score and the gameplay is a lot of fun.

Despite enjoying those games, I've never liked the series itself (and I tried).

The Broken Bond is the second game and it has the option to choose Japanese audio whereas the first Rise of a Ninja is in English-only.

There was also a playable demo of the second game that gives you a sample of just how good it is.

abda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
The two Naruto games by Ubisoft. They used the original series score and the gameplay is a lot of fun.

Despite enjoying those games, I've never liked the series itself (and I tried).

The Broken Bond is the second game and it has the option to choose Japanese audio whereas the first Rise of a Ninja is in English-only.

There was also a playable demo of the second game that gives you a sample of just how good it is.

I can agree with this, The Ubisoft Naruto games were very fun and insane games, I think Rise of a Ninja had a japanese voice dlc, please correct me if I am wrong and I wish they would continue this series.

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Anime games? They can work but they have to be justified as by and large I find them to be easily ignored fodder. They were also ignored at the time without people really making a case for them that I saw (and we covered most of the hidden gems while those games were being released).
Never much cared for Naruto as a concept either -- I am not even "was good until the chuunin exam" set (though they have a point) and instead reckon it lost after the exams that started off the whole series with. Watched it through to some point during the filler and never went back -- there is only so much deus ex machina jutsu/soft magic that I can take. I also struggle to imagine there being a game any time soon that allows you to think through problems so things like that bridge of clones in the video is only going to be a press A at this point, probably while an unremarkable fighting engine gets trotted out for the rest and I might as well have just gone and got that Knight's Contract or one of the templar games mentioned in the opening post.
To that end it would want to stand on its own merits -- Jump Ultimate Stars/Jump Super Stars, Dragon Ball Z recent fighting games being one style, Sword of the Bezerk or Gungrave on older systems being another.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can agree with this, The Ubisoft Naruto games were very fun and insane games, I think Rise of a Ninja had a japanese voice dlc, please correct me if I am wrong and I wish they would continue this series.

There were, according to other folks on the web.

I bought these two games very late so finding DLC only via websites and such, unless you've got it in your Download History.

Even with Japanese audio, The Broken Bond felt like it was a lot more polished than the first which isn't a surprise.

Anime games? They can work but they have to be justified as by and large I find them to be easily ignored fodder. They were also ignored at the time without people really making a case for them that I saw (and we covered most of the hidden gems while those games were being released).
Never much cared for Naruto as a concept either -- I am not even "was good until the chuunin exam" set (though they have a point) and instead reckon it lost after the exams that started off the whole series with. Watched it through to some point during the filler and never went back -- there is only so much deus ex machina jutsu/soft magic that I can take. I also struggle to imagine there being a game any time soon that allows you to think through problems so things like that bridge of clones in the video is only going to be a press A at this point, probably while an unremarkable fighting engine gets trotted out for the rest and I might as well have just gone and got that Knight's Contract or one of the templar games mentioned in the opening post.
To that end it would want to stand on its own merits -- Jump Ultimate Stars/Jump Super Stars, Dragon Ball Z recent fighting games being one style, Sword of the Bezerk or Gungrave on older systems being another.

Anime games tend to suck, and I particularly don't like or care about Naruto, but the gameplay is a lot of fun.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unless I missed it, you don't have lost odyssey. very good rpg by mistwalker. you do have blue dragon, also from them. both games are available on the series x. last time I checked, they were on sale with xbox gold for like $6 and $4 or so, so they're very cheap, probably cheaper than the disc versions. I mostly bought them digitally, so I wouldn't have to swap discs on the series x. you also have eternal sonata, which I wish was bc with the series x. it may be one day as my friend said that katamari damacy became compatible somewhat recently.

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
unless I missed it, you don't have lost odyssey. very good rpg by mistwalker. you do have blue dragon, also from them. both games are available on the series x. last time I checked, they were on sale with xbox gold for like $6 and $4 or so, so they're very cheap, probably cheaper than the disc versions. I mostly bought them digitally, so I wouldn't have to swap discs on the series x. you also have eternal sonata, which I wish was bc with the series x. it may be one day as my friend said that katamari damacy became compatible somewhat recently.
In the picture above about 15 in from the right on the bottom row, between Lost Planet 2 and Max Payne 3.

I will also aim to get things in disc form as I don't trust MS to keep things going, and like to be able to trade things and don't trust the law makers to enforce laws here too terribly soon.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm playing through the game on the series x, just got to the sea of baus. I can't say I like the thousand year dreams stories. they're interesting, yes, but I feel like they're too long and somewhat interrupt the gameplay.

vstar950

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Too cool man! I remember doing this when 360 was phasing out and the games were super cheap around a dollar or $5 and less. At this point I have over 120 titles. it is truly the only console I see collecting anything for. Hopefully you send more pictures when you get your collection multiplied. then maybe a picture of your console and all the titles on a bookshelf. Keep up the good work I am sure that somebody else has probably already put this in there, but Rage was a great title for 360. But I guess that all depends on preference. Most people thought it was a terrible game but I thought it was a gem.

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have added a bunch of things in the years since, and still do (added Rockstar Table Tennis on Wednesday, whole stack of them a few weeks earlier for £5, and found a copy of golden axe beast rider for sensible money in a little pop up retro shop so that was nice). Right now things are being redone in the house so as of 2 days ago everything is in a box rather than nice shelves.

Still not got a copy of Magna Carta 2 and it is creeping up so really should do something, same for El Shaddai.

Will do the updated version when I get things back in order.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1