Homebrew Official WUP Installer - Title installer + Firmware spoofing [3.x - 5.4.0]

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
What are you doing here then?
learning.
I also read a lot about things I don't have or use to be able to follow what's happening and be able to help other users if needed.
I spend more time reading news and progress than using them or playing games.

people should really read more and ask less. it will prevent bricks and issues needed fixes.

Reactions: Nym5 and RichKK

lex luthor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed the Spoofing to 5.5 (Permanent) section and when I checked my Wii U version it says 5.50. Is this ok? How do I tell if this really worked or I messed up something?

Wilthril

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Do you know if the source code of wupinstaller (especially /wi) will be published? If Nintendo shut it down or someone DoS it then we're screwed if any update comes. In this case it'd be easier to run the application on the PC (with an apache, tomcat, ... whatever).
I'm asking since there is a copyright notice at the bottom of the page, so there may be a reason why there is only one URL with no mirror.

357A

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed the Spoofing to 5.5 (Permanent) section and when I checked my Wii U version it says 5.50. Is this ok? How do I tell if this really worked or I messed up something?
Check Miiverse, and it won't complain about a system update.

cfoordddd

Trophies
XP
Country
after getting home, bought a new 16GB sd card in woolworth aust, tried the spoof and game update surprise it didnt crash even once, so lucky with rng atm lol.
Question though @SonyUSA after spoofing to 5.5 what if in some case i need to format my wii u. Would it brick my console? would the fw spoof stay? or would it be an actual fw 5.5 (and I lose my access to kernel exploit)?

Last edited by cfoordddd,

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Thanks for your reply but what I meant is How do I know if the Spoofer worked instead of actually updating my console?
run some homebrew, cafiine,gecko etc, if it works then your still on 5.3.2

actually just look if the tvii option is still on the gamepad screen

after getting home, bought a new 16GB sd card in woolworth aust, tried the spoof and game update surprise it didnt crash even once, so lucky with rng atm lol.
Question though @SonyUSA after spoofing to 5.5 what if in some case i need to format my wii u. Would it brick my console? would the fw spoof stay? or would it be an actual fw 5.5 (and I lose my access to kernel exploit)?
shouldnt cause any issues, but spoof would still be in place after formatting

Last edited by gamesquest1,

lex luthor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
run some homebrew, cafiine,gecko etc, if it works then your still on 5.3.2

actually just look if the tvii option is still on the gamepad screen

shouldnt cause any issues, but spoof would still be in place after formatting
Yes the Red Squared Tvii icon is still there, thanks both of you for your answers.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I FW spoofed but MK8 asks me to install a software update to install a game update, and it won't even let me launch it if I decline...... Is it safe to go along with it or do I need to get the mk8 game update off NUS?

You need it off NUS, and install off SD card.... I think this is in the new OP instructions....

europat

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello,

I'm quite new in here , I have basic question which I possibly missed around here :

Since I'm on 5.3.2 USA firmware, and that I would like to spoof the console, is there any risks not to be able to launch eventually a wud (or decompressed) backup games with a loader that will be hopefully out soon ?

acacd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Even though I update my WiiU's system title to 5.5.0 by wup installer, the download manager still download system update file automatically.
So it's quite necessary to block nintendo update sever!
update1.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/PRMX5mX-hvs?si=JdjNrndYJ7PelC7q