Homebrew Official WUP Installer - Title installer + Firmware spoofing [3.x - 5.4.0]

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
What's the best way to offer to test? I am a professional QA tester on an agile software development team specializing in QTP/UFT automation. Good bug reports have: 1) System config info like software version and all files in use 2) Easily followed repro steps that result in bug repro 100% of the time, and 3) expected vs. actual results.

right... right....and I look like Superman Henry Cavill, and have the money off Lex Luthor Bill Gates.

hello ladies. *wink* *wink*

Reactions: Deleted-355425

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Don't be jelly, be peanut butter. Ask me a question I should know. My devs live in GitHub. I live in TFS. (Team Foundation Server) This is where all bugs and PBI's are logged and prioritized.

right a small homebrew on the 3DS.. nothing fancy. A tester who can’t program, at least basic programs, can’t be as effective a software tester as one who can.

if you can, give this guy an early alpha version.

FaTaL_ErRoR

AKA ŦƕƎ ƠṀƐƝ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So much for the "team" saying 5.4 was "safe". Obviously, with no public exploit and with spoofing staying on 5.3.2, 5.4 is not "safe".
Lol, 5.5 is exploitable. But, gotta take your stand somewhere. everything is very patchable so taking it on 5.3.2 is a great place to hold firm. Just gotta spoof your way to current. I'm gonna talk about wii stuff for a minute. Do you remember when homebrew came through the message part of the wii?
Do you remember Nintendo's "solution" to stop it? They deleted the messaging system so messages could no longer go outbound or inbound.
The only problem with that was the exploit really had nothing to do with the messaging system at all. And with that all was won.
Their only real way to try to stop it was to make the wii mini and it really wasn't made to stop homebrew but was made without internet because nintendo wifi services had ended. So, you now know that nintendo couldn't figure out the origin of homebrew and failed at thwarting it.
Please before running off with the mouth about he said they said crap keep in mind nothing is as it seems.
Calm down all will be good soon.

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't wait. I got a replacement for a brick, and I want to download my old content. In order to do that I need to be updated (or spoofed). Plus it will allow me to use the Splatoon code that came with it.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Mn1 I only trust your word if your telling me @crediar method will work I'm updating today, yay super Mario maker ho!
He never said anything about 5.5.0 becuase if you want to go all the way to 5.5.0 that post means nothing ofcourse if you only do the disc update you will be on 5.4.0 but internet usage will need 5.5.0 to play and download other people levels.

stsaerox

As old as the NES
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I can't wait. I got a replacement for a brick, and I want to download my old content. In order to do that I need to be updated (or spoofed). Plus it will allow me to use the Splatoon code that came with it.

What are you going to do about the savegames? Is there any way to get them back?

DarkKaine

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Mn1 I only trust your word if your telling me @crediar method will work I'm updating today, yay super Mario maker ho!
I have no idea where this came from but I can confirm to you that firmware spoofing does not work on anything that is not 5.3.2. We are still using the same entrypoint and kernel exploit that everyone else is using, and we do not have a IOSU exploit either.
You can most likely stay on 5.3.2, wait for the spoof and play Super Mario Maker then. I'd make another video showing it, but I don't have the game to test unfortunately.

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are you going to do about the savegames? Is there any way to get them back?
Game saves are more than likely gone. The only disc based games I own are MK8 and Nintendoland (the latter of which is preinstalled on the new WiiU). I have the DLC for MK8, WindWaker, Pikmin, Wario, and a few other eShop titles that I cannot redownload unless I update/spoof. The only one I'll lose major progress on is MK8, but that's fine. The game is fun enough to do it all again!

Deleted member 361703

GBATemp OldFag
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I have no idea where this came from but I can confirm to you that firmware spoofing does not work on anything that is not 5.3.2. We are still using the same entrypoint and kernel exploit that everyone else is using, and we do not have a IOSU exploit either.
You can most likely stay on 5.3.2, wait for the spoof and play Super Mario Maker then. I'd make another video showing it, but I don't have the game to test unfortunately.
This is why the Wii u scene for me is a love hate relationship even the info is hard enough to come by, oh well I can wait on 5.3.2 for however long my Mario maker is still sealed :( want the thank all Wii u contributions everyone has made though even if its unfinished

He never said anything about 5.5.0 becuase if you want to go all the way to 5.5.0 that post means nothing ofcourse if you only do the disc update you will be on 5.4.0 but internet usage will need 5.5.0 to play and download other people levels.
Never said a thing about 5.5.0 friend I am more than aware, started with ps1 hacking and a gold finger and haven't been any less savy since. Thanks though hope anyone new to this thread will understand.

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Game saves are more than likely gone. The only disc based games I own are MK8 and Nintendoland (the latter of which is preinstalled on the new WiiU). I have the DLC for MK8, WindWaker, Pikmin, Wario, and a few other eShop titles that I cannot redownload unless I update/spoof. The only one I'll lose major progress on is MK8, but that's fine. The game is fun enough to do it all again!
Same boat now. Only not any major game like MK8, because of the low FW I was on. (2.1.0)

Now I'm picking up a cheap stand alone unit, the one I could find with a lower FW was a white 8GB model, but hey, if it gives me access to homebrew on the cheap, I'll take it.
I can replace the casing though, hehe.

stsaerox

As old as the NES
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Stay on 5.3.2 if you want to use the incoming firmware..........................

Mario Maker Fun-Times:
E03D93BFC0F413FABDA431A1903CC350

Stay tuned for more info! :D

What is this for? The video means that @crediar can run mario maker on 5.3.2?

mutinize

dazed and confused
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Somewhat related question: Can I delete a downloaded (but not installed) update? I know you can do it in recovery mode on 3DS but no idea about the Wii U. On 5.3.2 but the damn thing keeps nagging me to update.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway