Homebrew Official WUP Installer - Title installer + Firmware spoofing [3.x - 5.4.0]

Ratskull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok I have spoofed to the latest firmware and downloaded mario kart 8 eu latest update file. I left it to install for over an hour just to be safe I think the data size was 500mb.

I used the gui to download the update file as I don't know the commands for the cmd version of nusgrabber.

Now when I came to launch mario kart it's saying it needs to update ?? And that I need to go online to download it. Then I get a server error and cannot launch the game im stumped I tried deleting the update file but it just says deleting for over an hour so I did a hard reboot. I've ran out of options on what it could be

NgXAlex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok I have spoofed to the latest firmware and downloaded mario kart 8 eu latest update file. I left it to install for over an hour just to be safe I think the data size was 500mb.

I used the gui to download the update file as I don't know the commands for the cmd version of nusgrabber.

Now when I came to launch mario kart it's saying it needs to update ?? And that I need to go online to download it. Then I get a server error and cannot launch the game im stumped I tried deleting the update file but it just says deleting for over an hour so I did a hard reboot. I've ran out of options on what it could be

Have you an usb hdd connected ? Because for me, with my USB Connected I need to move/copy the update of the game from Internal Memory to the USB/HDD, then the game launch ok.

;)

Wilthril

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
In case it helps someone : I MUST enter manually the URL to make it work. If I click on a link or an image it doesn't, I get a black screen or artefacts.

stsaerox

As old as the NES
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
1) Yes, spoofing means losing the change to update to the real 5.5.0.
losing eshop is not totally right, because you already didn't have access to eshop on 5.3.2 so you have the same access as before : none.
but you lose eshop in case you wanted to officially update to 5.5.0 to access it.

2) No. there's no way to update to 5.5 using WUP installer.
WUP installer require the install of ONE title at a time, and you need to reboot the console after each install, and oftem the console freezes etc.
You can't install 5.5.0 update partially, you will brick the console if you update only part of the "firmware content" and reboot.

3) what will happen when 5.6 is out ?
We don't know, but it "should" work like this :
3.1 - You still want to be on 5.3.2 and spoof 5.6.0 --> use the same method to install the 5.6.0 version.bin
3.2 - You don't want to be on a spoofed version and want to update to real 5.6.0 --> udpate online or with a game, and it "should" update all your outdated titles, even the one you skipped with the spoof. If it works like the Wii, it will update ALL titles, even the one normally installed with 5.4 and 5.5.

a possibility with 3.1 : Nintendo update the way the version.bin is checked, and new game updates are required for games to launch. if you install the new update, you won't be able to spoof, if you don't update you can't play.
That's a possibility. We don't know what nintendo will choose yet. We can only wait and see.

I want to ensure that I won't end up with a Wii U that won't update in any case after spoofing. People that own Wii U ask me there because they don't know english and they want to have options in case the homebrew development won't proceed....

Crediar said goodbye and I don't know want does it mean....

karloz25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I used the cmd version.

Please help me download Mario Maker v1.10 update from NUS via CMD.
I keep trying and I can't get it to work.
I don't know much about CMD.

I have NUSGrabber and files in the C: drive floating, without a folder, I go to start and type CMD and CMD opens
I type C:\nusgrabber.exe
This is the error I get.

What am I doing wrong?

Help please :rolleyes:

FaTaL_ErRoR

AKA ŦƕƎ ƠṀƐƝ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[Please refere to https://twitter.com/naehrwert for any further wii u hacking. who thinks it's cool to leak other people's work. goodbye.]
Idk what is happening here
Leak someone else's work?? Lol, what do you think Crediar is doing? He leaking Nintendo's work.
Absolutely nothing put on the web is safe nor is anyone posting on forums.
As far as anyone asking Hykem for a release on 3.x ios exploit he won't give it up...But the reason he gives is bullshit. He doesn't want anyone else to beat him to releasing a working exploit.
I too have fail overflows ios exploit and have absolutely no problems leaking it. Hit me up if you want it.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Leak someone else's work?? Lol, what do you think Crediar is doing? He leaking Nintendo's work.
As far as anyone asking Hykem for a release on 3.x ios exploit he won't give it up...But the reason he gives is bullshit. He doesn't want anyone else to beat him to releasing a working exploit.
I too have fail overflows ios exploit and have absolutely no problems leaking it. Hit me up if you want it.

So what if he is?

Dude, if Hykem says the exploit is unstable, it's unstable; he doesn't want to be held accountable for people bricking their Wii U consoles, you know. Sure, leak it, share it, whatever. Just don't come crying to the devs if your consoles get fucked up six ways from Sunday for installing an incomplete exploit.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is legit, I just got it from him.
Oh snap, it has the code for the new Zelda game in it too.

Who would of thought the lyrics to Night Moves would of been the WiiU IOSU exploit? Just save it as a .py and your good.

Ailuros27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My NUSGrabber.exe suddenly won't work. It just opens and closes real quick if I use the .bat, and if I invoke it from the command prompt it just does nothing. Does anyone have any idea why? I have changed nothing. The program is still in the same folder as it was the other day when it last worked, and no files have been added to or removed from the folder. Strangely, the .bat files I used before also don't work.

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My NUSGrabber.exe suddenly won't work. It just opens and closes real quick if I use the .bat, and if I invoke it from the command prompt it just does nothing. Does anyone have any idea why? I have changed nothing. The program is still in the same folder as it was the other day when it last worked, and no files have been added to or removed from the folder. Strangely, the .bat files I used before also don't work.
Try and reinstall that visual studio thing.

mtndrew1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please help me download Mario Maker v1.10 update from NUS via CMD.
I keep trying and I can't get it to work.
I don't know much about CMD.

I have NUSGrabber and files in the C: drive floating, without a folder, I go to start and type CMD and CMD opens
I type C:\nusgrabber.exe
This is the error I get.

What am I doing wrong?

Help please :rolleyes:
type
cd c:\
and then run the nusgrabber command

Reactions: karloz25

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users