Homebrew Official WUP Installer - Title installer + Firmware spoofing [3.x - 5.4.0]

hapse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I was wondering, do I have to run kexploit/osdriver before doing the update remover? Cause when ever I run the update remover my wii u freeze up, I'm at 5.3.2E

Oh and another problem is that when ever I run the kexploit I get a black screen :( (except for the first time i tried it that one time everything went well...) Tried clearing cache, resetting etc etc, any one got any ideas?

-Hapse

Any ideas guys? :)

yonasz

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Is it safe to install spoof without blocking update sites from ninintendo ??I never had my wii u connected to internet and im confused....

Niorgio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, I was wondering, do I have to run kexploit/osdriver before doing the update remover? Cause when ever I run the update remover my wii u freeze up, I'm at 5.3.2E

Oh and another problem is that when ever I run the kexploit I get a black screen :( (except for the first time i tried it that one time everything went well...) Tried clearing cache, resetting etc etc, any one got any ideas?

-Hapse

You have tested this link ? : http://sylerclayton.com/projects/wiiu/

Reactions: hapse

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I installed this one : 0005000E1010EF00 (ZombiU EUR Title update v32 - internal game update: v1.2)

1) Yes, spoofing means losing the change to update to the real 5.5.0.
losing eshop is not totally right, because you already didn't have access to eshop on 5.3.2 so you have the same access as before : none.
but you lose eshop in case you wanted to officially update to 5.5.0 to access it.

2) No. there's no way to update to 5.5 using WUP installer.
WUP installer require the install of ONE title at a time, and you need to reboot the console after each install, and oftem the console freezes etc.
You can't install 5.5.0 update partially, you will brick the console if you update only part of the "firmware content" and reboot.

3) what will happen when 5.6 is out ?
We don't know, but it "should" work like this :
3.1 - You still want to be on 5.3.2 and spoof 5.6.0 --> use the same method to install the 5.6.0 version.bin
3.2 - You don't want to be on a spoofed version and want to update to real 5.6.0 --> udpate online or with a game, and it "should" update all your outdated titles, even the one you skipped with the spoof. If it works like the Wii, it will update ALL titles, even the one normally installed with 5.4 and 5.5.

a possibility with 3.1 : Nintendo update the way the version.bin is checked, and new game updates are required for games to launch. if you install the new update, you won't be able to spoof, if you don't update you can't play.
That's a possibility. We don't know what nintendo will choose yet. We can only wait and see.
I struggled to update ZombiU E yesterday, I kept trying. I used this one for Euro> 0005000E1010EF00 I found out the NUSGrabber GUI I downloaded it on 1st time would not update it but then I tried again with the normal NUSGrabber through CMD and it worked 1st time for some odd reason. I think that GUI has faults downloading some updates, its done it to me on a few occasions.

Last edited by Reecey,

Fl-ris82

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Anyone else experiencing connectivity issues on the new mario maker update? I constantly get a 126-0112 error after playing for about 15 mins. Restarting fixes the issue.

ParolinM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I tried 3/4 times to install Splatoon's update (0005000E10176A00 EUR) but after 2 hours the WUP installer installs only 286mb. How can I fix it?

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried 3/4 times to install Splatoon's update (0005000E10176A00 EUR) but after 2 hours the WUP installer installs only 286mb. How can I fix it?
Try leaving it overnight?

About 400MB should install in about 10-15 minutes. Sounds like an SD card issue or the update didn't download correctly.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I installed Mario Maker update with the same sd card and i download the update a few times.
Now I'm trying to use another sd card.
I've said this before in another thread, did you use the NUSGrabber GUI to download the update? if so try the original one with cmd to download the update and then install it as usual.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou