Homebrew Official WUP Installer - Title installer + Firmware spoofing [3.x - 5.4.0]

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Edit: Nevermind, just keep trying, kexploit still works fine even after spoof!
The sites usually check for the appVersion of the browser to determine on which FW you are.

So that shouldn't be a problem.

Edit:
Nvm, see quote edit. :P

Last edited by Adr990,

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Two questions:

One, will this allow eShop access?
Two, the exloit on Fix94 still works (along with GeckoInstaller), despite being on "5.5.0"?
no
yes
Seems to work so far but I got a corrupted update data. Maybe I didn't wait long enough but it was like 15 minutes. Anyway, trying again after deleting the update :D
tbh it only took a second, in fact there was zero indication it had done anything for me, it was just on 5.5.0 in system settings after running the exploit page twice

Last edited by gamesquest1,
Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Okay, that's what I wanted to know, I assume at some point eShop will be accessible via the spoof, and good to know. Also good that I only need to go to that URL on the OP twice and not have to face those race attack failures lol.

Seems to work so far but I got a corrupted update data. Maybe I didn't wait long enough but it was like 15 minutes. Anyway, trying again after deleting the update :D

Uh, should I be worried when I do this then? I have an MK 8 update for the USA version (which should have the ID 0005000E1010EC00, 476 MB in size). :blink: I was thinking of "updating" to 5.5.0 first the the game update.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Okay, that's what I wanted to know, I assume at some point eShop will be accessible via the spoof, and good to know. Also good that I only need to go to that URL on the OP twice and not have to face those race attack failures lol.
once the spoof is intalled it stays installed, you dont have to use that site again unless you need to install something else i.e a game update

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can the Firmware Spoofer be used for a System Transfer? Here is my situation:
I have 2 Wii U's, one on latest FW 5.5.0 and bought a used Wii U that fortunately had FW 5.3.2. Would like to transfer everything from the 5.5.0 Wii U to the hackable 5.3.2 Wii U. Thoughts/help appreciated :)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Can the Firmware Spoofer be used for a System Transfer? Here is my situation:
I have 2 Wii U's, one on latest FW 5.5.0 and bought a used Wii U that fortunately had FW 5.3.2. Would like to transfer everything from the 5.5.0 Wii U to the hackable 5.3.2 Wii U. Thoughts/help appreciated :)
try it and tell us :rolleyes:

i think at worst it would fail or prompt you to update, but just make sure the update servers are blocked for the 5.3.2 console just to be safe

Last edited by gamesquest1,
Reactions: Plunt

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
once the spoof is intalled it stays installed, you dont have to use that site again unless you need to install something else i.e a game update

Well, again, hopefully this doesn't lock out any chance of ever being able to use the eShop, as it is permanent. I should probably install the game update first, then the spoofed firmware?

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

i think at worst it would fail or prompt you to update, but just make sure the update servers are blocked for the 5.3.2 console just to be safe
Actually if this is possible then it might be the only way anyone could access the eShop, from what I understand

Reactions: Margen67

spillows

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Really excited a spoofer is finally out, but here I am trying to exploit literally 100 times and still nothing. Getting desperate :wacko:
Got it to work plenty of times during the first time, but the second always freezes. Will try again tomorrow.

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I have update Servers blocked. My 5.3.2 Wii U keeps trying to download System Update/Firmware, but fortunately keeps failing :)
Question is, wouldn't my Wii U's need access to Servers for the System transfer?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Well, again, hopefully this doesn't lock out any chance of ever being able to use the eShop, as it is permanent. I should probably install the game update first, then the spoofed firmware?
game updates can be installed after the spoof or before it doesnt really matter

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have update Servers blocked. My 5.3.2 Wii U keeps trying to download System Update/Firmware, but fortunately keeps failing :)
Question is, wouldn't my Wii U's need access to Servers for the System transfer?
not sure tbh, i would imagine system transfers work via a different server, but idk tbh, i cant imagine it would harm to just try it and see

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway