Gaming Would you like to see more crossovers or originals?

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hey,

I've been thinking lately about the whole "Wii U has no games" debate. I came across a post by some blogger (I can't remember and it's no longer in my web history) that it all boils down to whether you want to play Nintendo games or not. If you do, then your only option is to buy the Wii U and that's how Nintendo stays in business, by making exclusive games for its own platform.

With that, I'm wondering would you rather see crossovers on the Wii U, e.g. games from known franchises "Nintendofied" like Hyrule Warriors (Dynasty Warrios x Legend of Zelda) or Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem. Obviously such games would only exist for the Wii U. Or, would you rather have the games in their original form, most likely as a multiplatform release across all consoles?

TL;DR: Do people really buy Nintendo consoles for Nintendo games and do they want a bit of Nintendo in every game?

slingblade1170

Trophies
Website
xtremehack.net
XP
Country
United States
Well, my combo is Nintendo & MS because Nintendo provides me with all the games I've played since I was a kid and I love to still see those franchises going strong. Xbox provides me with new, great looking games with amazing online capabilities. Now, with that in mind I would love to see Nintendo come up with some originals for those times when I want a new feel and scenery but I couldn't imagine gaming without Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong, Starfox, etc.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Ah, good point!

Nintendo IPs are strong, but 3rd parties really have to put effort to make their games shine on the platform. Think about Ubisoft, the games they make for the Wii U are very good. I think I'd like to see more exclusives and crossovers. I'd love something crazy like Initial D x F-Zero. Now that would be awesome. Or Street Fighter x Super Smash Bros (the ultimate brawler ever bestowed upon mankind? Haha)

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I seriously doubt it's going to happen, but...multiplatform releases over here. The "nintendo-fied" stuff actually limits things. Do we really want something nintendo-flavored in X? Or Bayonetta 2*? Games should cater for their own style, and having that AND nintendo's known cartoony style doesn't always mix.

*okay, I admit I actually DO want to see Peach in that game. But I doubt my twisted horny mind is speaking on behalf of everyone here.

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I seriously doubt it's going to happen, but...multiplatform releases over here. The "nintendo-fied" stuff actually limits things. Do we really want something nintendo-flavored in X? Or Bayonetta 2*? Games should cater for their own style, and having that AND nintendo's known cartoony style doesn't always mix.

*okay, I admit I actually DO want to see Peach in that game. But I doubt my twisted horny mind is speaking on behalf of everyone here.
Well, I mean, X is a Nintendo game...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.