Hacking Wood R4 BUGS and Compatibility

nathancnc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a EZ Flash 3-in-1 Plus. Version 1.06 does not boot up any game written to the EZ Flash's NOR.... when I select "Boot SLOT 2". It says "No SLOT 2 Card Found"

Could this be included in a future release?

Great work guys!

meowo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Singapore
#4831 - Again (U)
Clean rom

Using R4 Wood 1.06.

Game movie freezes at case 3 during the scene arrangement section.

incredo

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Tested in: R4 original
With firmware: Wood R4 v1.06

Game name: WarioWare: Do It Yourself (EUR)
Release number: 4874
CRC:???
Clean ROM: YES
What the bug is: Doesn't work.. Black Screens

Thanks a lot for the new life to R4!!

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
-Sonic Classic Collection (E) clean rom - doesn't load!
-Mario and Sonic Winter Games (U) clean rom - Adventure Tours don't load at all!

Edit: i don't mean to be ungrateful and i'm really thankful to what you're doing but it seems to me every release makes less of my favorite games work, i'm still using v1.04 as it runs my favorite games!

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
incredo said:
Tested in: R4 original
With firmware: Wood R4 v1.06

Game name: WarioWare: Do It Yourself (EUR)
Release number: 4874
CRC:???
What the bug is: Doesn't work.. Black Screens

Thanks a lot for the new life to R4!!

nice job for not noticing that v1.06 came out BEFORE the E version.

meowo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Singapore
flamingo24 said:
meowo said:
#4831 - Again (U)
Clean rom

Using R4 Wood 1.06.

Game movie freezes at case 3 during the scene arrangement section.

Can you upload a save?

Here's the save http://www.mediafire.com/?jmri2doybjd

Go to the safe at the wall, put the ring in the safe, a cut scene will follow, then you will be prompt to click on each pieces in a specific order - piano, safe, clock, wine then sofa. The freeze will happen after you click on the sofa pieces.

Kuragari Ryo

Demon Fox
Trophies
The House Within the Reflection, Ryo Manor
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if someone's posted this one, I cant get my internet to cooperate long enough to go through the whole thread.

Game name: Ivy the Kiwi? (J)(Bahamut)
Release number: 4851
Clean rom: Yes
What the bug is: Doesn't load, just brings up white screens.

I'm not sure if it was working on a previous version of Wood or not. I did try the english patch, then after that I tried it clean, and it still came up as white screens.

z.g

Trophies
XP
Country
sonictopfan said:
-Sonic Classic Collection (E) clean rom - doesn't load!scene release has encrypted secure area. use decrypted rom.
QUOTE said:
-Mario and Sonic Winter Games (U) clean rom - Adventure Tours don't load at all!confirmed. switching off softreset for this game must help.
meowo said:
Go to the safe at the wall, put the ring in the safe, a cut scene will follow, then you will be prompt to click on each pieces in a specific order - piano, safe, clock, wine then sofa. The freeze will happen after you click on the sofa pieces.
cant reproduce. works fine for me.
QUOTE(Kuragari Ryo @ Apr 30 2010, 06:36 AM)
Sorry if someone's posted this one, I cant get my internet to cooperate long enough to go through the whole thread.

Game name: Ivy the Kiwi? (J)(Bahamut)
Release number: 4851
Clean rom: Yes
What the bug is: Doesn't load, just brings up white screens.

I'm not sure if it was working on a previous version of Wood or not. I did try the english patch, then after that I tried it clean, and it still came up as white screens.
are you sure, that use 1.06 version? the game had problem then softreset is on on 1.05 version, but on 1.06 works fine.

snuitergup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I tried mario and luigi bowsers inside story it really didn't freeze at all in the beginning, but now it freezes all the time after a few events. The same is with final fantasy 4 and with other games (only diffrence is that those games froze inmedeately)... What is the problem?

marational

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
With 1.06, I tried the slot-2 boot-up at the title screen and it resulted in a white screen when loading my EZ 3-in-1 which was loaded with Pokemon Fire Red. The cart works fine when loaded from the DS menu.
The other method I used to use to boot it from gbaexloader.nds, no longer works as it says it requires dldi patching.

kernelPANIC

Trophies
Website
www.kanjiswipe.com
XP
Country
Japan
snuitergup said:
When I tried mario and luigi bowsers inside story it really didn't freeze at all in the beginning, but now it freezes all the time after a few events. The same is with final fantasy 4 and with other games (only diffrence is that those games froze inmedeately)... What is the problem?

I've experienced some random freezes while playing New Super Mario Bros (Europe), so I think there might be something wrong with the firmware, seeing as some other games suffer from this as well.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
z.g said:
sonictopfan said:
-Sonic Classic Collection (E) clean rom - doesn't load!scene release has encrypted secure area. use decrypted rom.
QUOTE-Mario and Sonic Winter Games (U) clean rom - Adventure Tours don't load at all!
confirmed. switching off softreset for this game must help.

thanks that worked fine for Mario and Sonic Winter Games, however using a save file from a patched rom causes the Icepeak bug again, oh well hopefully this bug will be fixed sometime!

as for Sonic Classic Collection (E) versions, what do you mean by decrypted rom? i'd like to point that the (U) version works fine though!

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
meowo said:
Here's the save http://www.mediafire.com/?jmri2doybjd

your save works fine for me, check your rom your msd. something is corrupted on your end.

-another world

xXDarkEvilXx

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Game name:4250 - Kingdom Hearts 358-2 Days (E)
Release number:I don´t know
CRC:
What the bug is:I cant use Cheats
What you did to debug it:i have read a tutorial and i have the USRCHEAT.DAT replaced
How you can repeat the bug:
I have read a tutorial how to use cheats on Wood R.P.G
the cheats do not, however, noticeable

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: impossible thing accomplished today lol +1