Max / Infinite Source (Press L+R)
Warning, May corrupt save game. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
94000130 FCFF0000 021BCC94 000F423F D2000000 00000000

joybeba6679

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fixed the issue with Castlevania Order of Ecclesia that didnt wanted to show cheats. A re-download of the game solved it, maybe I had messed with the rom too much...

Valkerion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having an issue changing the brightness on my DSL. Tried to fix it myself but whenever I load Wood it goes to the lowest setting. Any help?

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Valkerion said:
Having an issue changing the brightness on my DSL. Tried to fix it myself but whenever I load Wood it goes to the lowest setting. Any help?

press R to go through the different backlights

lemon2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've installed Wood v1.07, in order to play WarioWare DIY.

The game has loaded, i've played it, but when i've started my DS again, i got an "SD/TF card error" :/

I've read some threads here and used Zero Assumption Recovery to recover my saves, because my pc cant read my µSD anymore (havent test the saves yet)

I hope i wont get this SD/TF card error anymore... Can it come from WarioWare? (i think i hadnt enough free space on the µSD for the save...)

Blazikun

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
FluffyMuffin said:
pyrosurfer said:
-INCONVENIENCE: Slow game loading and navigation
-BUG: Random corruption of Lock's Quest, FF XII and F IV with/out cheats.
-BUG: Badly put together themes temporarily brick the DS
-BUG: Audio does not work on MoonShell
-BUG: Frame-based games perform 70% slower with the use of a .cc cheat file.
1) Everything is full speed for me and many others. This is probably due to a slow sd card, a buggy theme, or your r4 is a clone.
2) Provide save files if this happens in a consistent manner.
3) Don't use "badly put together" themes? Seriously, why would you think this a bug with the wood firmware.
4) Be more specific. The changelog states that mp3 playback was corrected in 1.07. What file are you trying to play? Have you tried other files of the same type?
5) Again, upload your exact sav file and the cc file you're using while you're at it.

Overall, everyone needs to start uploading their sav with whatever game that they're having problems with. YWG doesn't have time to start up a campaign or whatever for each issue, it saves him time and effort if he's able to load up exactly what you have. No wonder he's getting pissed off and posting in large red text. He's much more likely to skip over and ignore your issue entirely unless you do your part to help out.

I suggest the first post of this thread be edited to update the current version and include YWG's red text for greater emphasis.
right.
ok.
checking the things over, the bugs are now as follows...
-BUG: Random corruption of Lock's Quest, FF XII and F IV with/out cheats.
-BUG: Badly put together themes temporarily brick the DS
-BUG: Audio does not work on MoonShell
-BUG: Frame-based games perform 70% slower with the use of a .cc cheat file.

also my r4 is 100% genuine.
im happy with YSMenu v1.18

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
o.0 none of the bugs changed, so why repost them...
-Provide your .sav files for those games so other people can see that it isn't your .sav files (or if it is your .sav files)
-Badly put together themes don't brick the DS ever and it isn't like they are hard to fix.
-Audio does work...you are using the wrong moonshell2 loader (should be using Xenon++'s alternative moonshell2 loader)
-sounds like its the microSD...maybe try using a different one (preferably class 6?)

Blazikun

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
z.g said:
about lock's quest and cheats:
QUOTE said:
Max / Infinite Source (Press L+R)
Warning, May corrupt save game. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
94000130 FCFF0000 021BCC94 000F423F D2000000 00000000
did not corrupt my game. only made it VERY SLOW.
Even with that one OFF...

anyway my card is fine. freshly formatted, panasonic SD formatter + chkdsk

z.g

Trophies
XP
Country
pyrosurfer said:
did not corrupt my game. only made it VERY SLOW.and this one write sombody who hack your account:
QUOTE(pyrosurfer @ May 19 2010, 09:21 PM) -BUG: Random corruption of Lock's Quest, FF XII and F IV with/out cheats.

powerruletheeart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I seem to be having problem with cheats, i press y for the info and x for the cheats and then i chose which cheats i want, click generate and when i play the rom on my r4 they don't work, ive tryed pokemon platinum and heartgold...

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
powerruletheearth said:
I seem to be having problem with cheats, i press y for the info and x for the cheats and then i chose which cheats i want, click generate and when i play the rom on my r4 they don't work, ive tryed pokemon platinum and heartgold...
Did you make sure that your cheats are activated? (system options)

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Game name: Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
Release number: #4952
CRC: 37B89BCA
Clean ROM: YES
What the bug is: Doesn't run
How you can repeat the bug: Just start the game

powerruletheeart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
jurassicplayer said:
powerruletheearth said:
Did you make sure that your cheats are activated? (system options)
Um, im sure they were activated... when i exited and clicked on cheats again they were all ticked...

Stropdasje

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
In another thread there was a discussion about making quick backups of sav files and the outcome was that this is supported with 4 save slots. I tried it but it results in a hangup of Wood R4.

The problem is that this is not a hard error. I tried the following:

- Format with Panasonic SD formatter
- Put the __rpg folder on the SD
- Put the _DS_MENU.DAT on the SD
- Put Another Code - Two Memories.nds on the SD

Then start the SD, start the ROM, reset the DS. Go to the ROM, press Y for File information, Y again for Settings, Y again for Copy Slot and OK to save the default slot to slot 1 and press OK to confirm copying.

Now this actually works. But it failed on a more loaded SD card. So I repeated it, see picture below for the actual files:

- Format with Panasonic SD formatter
- Put the __rpg folder on the SD
- Put the _DS_MENU.DAT on the SD
- Put all the other folders on the disk
- Put all the homebrew NDS and SAV files and miscellaneous files on the SD
- Put Another Code - Two Memories.nds on the SD

Then start the SD, start the ROM, reset the DS. Go to the ROM, press Y for File information, Y again for Settings, Y again for Copy Slot and OK to save the default slot to slot 1 and press OK to confirm copying.

Now the Wood R4 hangs hard. This is how the SD card looks like (sorry for the localized names):

WoodR4SaveSlotSD.jpg

After the restart it turns out the save file for slot 1 is not created. I repeated the process with another SD (this was 1 GB Transcend, also tried a 2 GB SanDisk) with the same result, hangup and no file created.

I tried to reproduce with less files but that didn't work because than it works. However I saw some strange GUI artefacts like the pulsing icon shining through the dialogue.

You do not need homebrew to reproduce, if you will load it with other files it can show the same result. As said, its not a hard error so there is also a chance it works. Then try another combination of files.

The R4DS used is a R4DS v2 from 2007, bought just after the plastic shell was changed and spring loading of the SD was replaced.

EDIT: this is fishy. The very same SD that had a hangup yesterday now works. Same procedure, same files, different results. I guess it will be hard to track this one down with no stable way to reproduce the problem. Also my 2 GB now works. The only thing that is different is the time of day and date and that I charged the DS over night. By the way, I never had a problem with copy/pasting files so file access in general works okay.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Oh God no :ohnoes:
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pineapple is the safe word?
    But you said pine apple...
    Ughh gonna be bored today, class for new job has a lot of networking material and I'm certified in that already...
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Peen apple.
    +1
    "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol
    Employee code of conduct videos are awesome!!! Did you know eating the other employees is bad? I didn't know... Lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Anymore males there? :blush:
    All of us lol
    I got free every channel so that's awesome lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Give me ALL the gay pron channels, since you won't be watching them :blush::D
    +1
    Lol they exist?
    +1
    Hmmm so Mario Does Luigi's plumbing is a bad movie? Lol
    These videos are soooo dry
    Please click all suspicious links sent your email
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What to do today? Cut grass for 3-4 hours, or just get drunk and play video games... Hmm
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need a remote controlled mower, so I can sit on the couch and do both.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sounds good to me, video games and booze it is then.
    +1
  • denpafan @ denpafan:
    Good choice
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now what to play, Starfield or Fallout4. And what to drink, beer or Whiskey and Coke. Such tough decisions.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog:
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog: