Hacking Wood R4 BUGS and Compatibility

nathancnc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
I have a EZ Flash 3-in-1 Plus. Version 1.06 does not boot up any game written to the EZ Flash's NOR.... when I select "Boot SLOT 2". It says "No SLOT 2 Card Found"

marational said:
With 1.06, I tried the slot-2 boot-up at the title screen and it resulted in a white screen when loading my EZ 3-in-1 which was loaded with Pokemon Fire Red. The cart works fine when loaded from the DS menu.
The other method I used to use to boot it from gbaexloader.nds, no longer works as it says it requires dldi patching.

I also am playing Fire Red on my EZ Flash 3-in-1+ and it doesn't even get to a white screen, it says no device in slot 2.
Is this a bug, or is their just no support for the EZ Flash 3-in-1+ yet?

devilworld

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
anyone having problems with Korg DS plus? i read that the extras will only work on the DSi as of extra memory ?
also read that the dumps are all bad :S, but i noticed in the changelog Korg plus was noted as being fixed ? but when i load it up on a normal DS lite, with wood 1.06 it just black screens?

i did get alice in wonderland working and playing fine and i know that has DSi feautures so was wondering if anyone could give me thier two cents on the Korg plus ?

Gabsupreme

Trophies
Website
www.gabsupreme.webs.com
XP
Country
Canada
The Patched rom of mario and luigi bowsers inside story works for me but the cheats don't work with the wood r4 version 1.06 for now

Here is the patch:Here

yaynds.gif

Gabsupreme WII:Bootmii IOS/Boot2,Cioscorp 3.5,CrazyIntro,Priiloader,Waninkoko Cios 222/223/249/250 and Bla Bla Bla
DS:currently Playing Animal Crossing:Wild World

________________________________________________________________________________

The Power Of The World is in your HAnds

________________________________________________________________________________

supercarte

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
DIXES said:
The EWIN GBA Loader used by EWIN Expansion Pak, there is a issue when running GBA games in Wood R4.
When EWIN GBA Loader has loaded a ROM and boot in game, play the game in a while then crashed.
There is no issue when use the EWIN GBA Loader in R4 v1.18.
Use GBAexploader ! This works fine with the EWIN Expansion Pak.

DIXES

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
supercarte said:
DIXES said:
The EWIN GBA Loader used by EWIN Expansion Pak, there is a issue when running GBA games in Wood R4.
When EWIN GBA Loader has loaded a ROM and boot in game, play the game in a while then crashed.
There is no issue when use the EWIN GBA Loader in R4 v1.18.
Use GBAexploader ! This works fine with the EWIN Expansion Pak.

Thanks. It works fine. But another problem, Opera Web Browser(Unpatched)
can't run with EWIN Expansion Pak without EWIN GBALDR.
There is no patch for Opera Web Browser JPN ver. unfortunately.

Paul06TC

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
well just tried Wood 1.07 and it works great. the ds game with the dsi features that didn't work with ysmenu work perfectly.

I tried: iCarly, Sonny with a Chance (for my Niece), Alice in Wonderland, Sega All-star Racing, Sonic Classic Collection.

I have an original R4, but i think because popbuying.c*m has a special on the Acekard2i for $11.50 im going to buy that and give this cart to my wife.

joybeba6679

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game name: Alice in wonderland (US)

Clean ROM: YES

What the bug is: Everything seems fine till u open the map and go the puzzle pieces section, the game just stays on a black

screen and you have to hard reset (soft reset didnt seem to work)

What you did to debug it: Change back to Wood 1.05 (prolly works on 1.06 but I dont have that one)

How you can repeat the bug: Most of the times that u try to open the puzzle pieces on the menu it will get the bug.

gururaj

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Game name: Luminous Arc 2 both (U) and (E) version

Release number: 2978 and 4648

Clean ROM: YES

What the bug is: During the dialogue between the main character and the evil witch in the 3rd act right before they fight the conversation gets stuck the screen is still in motion however u cannot advance any further.

What you did to debug it: Changed back to Wood 1.05 however time to time durin certain fights it still gets stuck. I hav an original R4 i tried formatting the memory stcik also alas still the problem persists.

Stropdasje

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
RoboticBuddy said:
the cheats is still not workin
That's a bit brief, do you expect a response to that? In that case explain which cheats are not working (which game), for what Wood version and which usrcheat.dat file are you using?

Assuming you put usrcheat.dat at the right place and enabled use of cheats in the settings menu and genetated the .cc file after selecting the cheats you want it normally should work, it works for others.

ywg

Trophies
XP
Country
gururaj said:
What the bug is: During the dialogue between the main character and the evil witch in the 3rd act right before they fight the conversation gets stuck the screen is still in motion however u cannot advance any further.
WHERE IS LINK TO SAVE FILE?

joybeba6679

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stropdasje said:
RoboticBuddy said:
the cheats is still not workin
That's a bit brief, do you expect a response to that? In that case explain which cheats are not working (which game), for what Wood version and which usrcheat.dat file are you using?

Assuming you put usrcheat.dat at the right place and enabled use of cheats in the settings menu and genetated the .cc file after selecting the cheats you want it normally should work, it works for others.

Well I got the cheats to work for some games, but for some reason the cheats wont work with castlevania order of ecclesia (U). Nothing happens when selecting cheats for it, tho the database for cheats I got has cheats for this game. I could even delete cheats for mario kart and add my own and worked fine but nothing is detected for castlevania OOE...

Blazikun

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bug Report:

Lock's Quest US

-Bug.
Throughout the game, the graphics are laggy and cannot synchronise with the music. Any operation of the .CC cheat file on it does not work, only makes it slower. The global(on) cheats are on. The only way to make it work again is if you actually disable the cheats in the specific game

WoodR4 F/W1.07

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pyrosurfer said:
Bug Report:

Lock's Quest US

-Bug.
Throughout the game, the graphics are laggy and cannot synchronise with the music. Any operation of the .CC cheat file on it does not work, only makes it slower. The global(on) cheats are on. The only way to make it work again is if you actually disable the cheats in the specific game

WoodR4 F/W1.07

you know... it's probably you using too many cheats.

Blazikun

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have posted in the 1.07 discuss thread...

-INCONVENIENCE: Slow game loading and navigation
-BUG: Random corruption of Lock's Quest, FF XII and F IV with/out cheats.
-BUG: Badly put together themes temporarily brick the DS
-BUG: Audio does not work on MoonShell
-BUG: Frame-based games perform 70% slower with the use of a .cc cheat file.

EDIT

basher11 said:
pyrosurfer said:
Bug Report:

Lock's Quest US

-Bug.

WoodR4 F/W1.07

you know... it's probably you using too many cheats.

No, I tested it. Using no cheats on a blank .cc file, just using it slows it down. I have a verified Genuine R4 bought before September 23, 2006

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pyrosurfer said:

1. That happened to me once, but it doesnt brick the DS, silly. it just freezes the menu
2. not sure about that, but those games run fine for me. you should re-format

FluffyMuffin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pyrosurfer said:
-INCONVENIENCE: Slow game loading and navigation
-BUG: Random corruption of Lock's Quest, FF XII and F IV with/out cheats.
-BUG: Audio does not work on MoonShell
1) Everything is full speed for me and many others. This is probably due to a slow sd card, a buggy theme, or your r4 is a clone.
2) Provide save files if this happens in a consistent manner.
3) Don't use "badly put together" themes? Seriously, why would you think this a bug with the wood firmware.
4) Be more specific. The changelog states that mp3 playback was corrected in 1.07. What file are you trying to play? Have you tried other files of the same type?
5) Again, upload your exact sav file and the cc file you're using while you're at it.

Overall, everyone needs to start uploading their sav with whatever game that they're having problems with. YWG doesn't have time to start up a campaign or whatever for each issue, it saves him time and effort if he's able to load up exactly what you have. No wonder he's getting pissed off and posting in large red text. He's much more likely to skip over and ignore your issue entirely unless you do your part to help out.

I suggest the first post of this thread be edited to update the current version and include YWG's red text for greater emphasis.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Nope.