Homebrew [WIP] SafeSysUpdater

Hikkis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think it's fine. The things to do is to remove the update nag if needed (see first post).
I might try downgrading later this week with your latest release since it seems to be quite stable, thanks a bunch! No worries here about the update neg, just gotta remember to remove tubehax dns before attempting the downgrade :P

Razorzeto

Darkness can not drive out darkness.
Trophies
XP
Country
@cpasjuste, I have my New 3DS hardmoded so I've been testing. here's the results:

New 3DS firmwares: 9.3U , 9.4U, 9.5U ------> HAX INIT after 5 times running the app, Succesful downgrade at first try, no softbrick, no flaws.
New 3DS firmwares: 9.6U , 9.7U, 9.8U, 9.9U ----------> HAX INIT after 5 to 10 times running the app, ERROR in the middle of the process, No softbrick. Running safesysupdater again solve the problem and did downgrade succesful and without any flaws.

I hopes this can be of help to someone else. Safesysupdater NOW, it's the safest method to downgrade any console between 9.3 and 9.9. :yaynds:

cpasjuste

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@cpasjuste, I have my New 3DS hardmoded so I've been testing. here's the results:

New 3DS firmwares: 9.3U , 9.4U, 9.5U ------> HAX INIT after 5 times running the app, Succesful downgrade at first try, no softbrick, no flaws.
New 3DS firmwares: 9.6U , 9.7U, 9.8U, 9.9U ----------> HAX INIT after 5 to 10 times running the app, ERROR in the middle of the process, No softbrick. Running safesysupdater again solve the problem and did downgrade succesful and without any flaws.

I hopes this can be of help to someone else. Safesysupdater NOW, it's the safest method to downgrade any console between 9.3 and 9.9. :yaynds:
Many many thanks for the reports ! That said i would really need the "SafeSys.log" file located at the root of the sdcard just after a fail. Now it's too late since it's overwrited but maybe other people will see this.

Else it's strange you got an error, I tough it would be solved with the new way I downgrade. Maybe you got the error just at the end but not the middle, on the homemenu title. If it's the case then just nativ_firm was flashed next time you run the downgrade but well, it seems it's not that. If you have the time I would be happy to get logs from a failed downgrade ! (Well I could do that myself but my current n3ds is not hardmodded and I do not have a lot of testing/life time available :) )

Thanks again.

Last edited by cpasjuste,

A_Bricked_Guy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Many many thanks for the reports ! That said i would really need the "SafeSys.log" file located at the root of the sdcard just after a fail. Now it's too late since it's overwrited but maybe other people will see this.

Else it's strange you got an error, I tough it would be solved with the new way I downgrade. Maybe you got the error just at the end but not the middle, on the homemenu title. If it's the case then just nativ_firm was flashed next time you run the downgrade but well, it seems it's not that. If you have the time I would be happy to get logs from a failed downgrade ! (Well I could do that myself but my current n3ds is not hardmodded and I do not have a lot of testing/life time available :) )

Thanks again.
Not relevant, but i think the guy who found the new exploit (aliaspider) deserves to be in the credits part on the first post.

Reactions: AlBa

Andydark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I keep consistently having it fail at the integrity check for the second file...

0004001000020900 13321.

I've tried reinstalling the files multiple times, but that's the one that fails 100% of the time.

US New 3DS XL 10.6.

gameking66

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So after doing a couple dozen tests, it does in fact seem like svchax works BETTER than memchunkhax on FIRM versions under 10.4 as well.

Took me dozens of tries to get it to work using the CPU race, but worked every time with GPU - tested with o3DS.

IF YOU ARE DOWNGRADING FROM 10.3 OR BELOW (NOT 10.4 - 10.6!!), PLEASE TRY THIS VERSION OF THE UPDATER AND REPORT YOUR RESULTS AND LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE ON o3DS/n3DS!

DO NOT TEST THIS ON ANY 3DS WITH CFW/A9LH! Userland 3DS ONLY using HBL!

Only report if you got HAX SUCCESS + downgrade starting, or a freeze. Do NOT report partials/downgrade errors themselves.

Particularly, let me know if it worked better than the updater posted in the OP.

Attachments

• SafeSysUpdater.rar
    179.5 KB · Views: 6,112
Last edited by gameking66,
Reactions: Zyrmkel and Solaire

Androws

Trophies
XP
Country
I can't downgrade my 10.6E O3DS.

Everything is fine in SafeSysUpdater and the console reboots by itself after succesfully downgrading. But after the reboot I get the Nintendo 'an error has occurred' screen. I tried without the SD card in but I get the same error screen.
The only way to get rid of the error is to update via recovery mode.

I've tried the downgrade several times and every time is the same. SafeSysUpdater says everything was OK but I get the error screen after the reboot.

Sylen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm about to downgrade a 10.3 N3DS, but I'm confused about using the sysupdater in the official github vs the "safe"sysupdater. I've seen some posts indicating that you shouldn't use safesysupdater to go down to 9.2. What's the difference?

cpasjuste

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm about to downgrade a 10.3 N3DS, but I'm confused about using the sysupdater in the official github vs the "safe"sysupdater. I've seen some posts indicating that you shouldn't use safesysupdater to go down to 9.2. What's the difference?
I think people don't know what there talking about. You'll be fine downgrading with SafeSysUpdater, as you should with normal one if you're sure of your files.

Sylen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think people don't know what there talking about. You'll be fine downgrading with SafeSysUpdater, as you should with normal one if you're sure of your files.

Thanks, should I just use the files in the OP, or is there a specific set to use for different firmwares/N3ds-O3ds? Again, I'm 10.3 n3ds

Also, what is the safesysupdater.cia used for? The regular github one contains a .3dsx and a .smdh file.

Last edited by Sylen,

Solaire

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So after doing a couple dozen tests, it does in fact seem like svchax works BETTER than memchunkhax on FIRM versions under 10.4 as well.
Using cpasjuste's SSU v1.0, I got a partial when downgrading my N3DS (E) from 9.9.0 to 9.2.0. After 15+ attempts, I still wasn't able to continue the downgrading process by relaunching that version of SafeSysUpdater - it would freeze in various places before starting the downgrade. Your version worked on first attempt and finished my downgrade!

Thank you to you both!

cpasjuste

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks, should I just use the files in the OP, or is there a specific set to use for different firmwares/N3ds-O3ds? Again, I'm 10.3 n3ds

Also, what is the safesysupdater.cia used for? The regular github one contains a .3dsx and a .smdh file.
The one in OP does work on any device/firmware. The CIA one is made for "power users"/testing to downgrade emunand from an already exploited firmware (cfw) for example.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Using cpasjuste's SSU v1.0, I got a partial when downgrading my N3DS (E) from 9.9.0 to 9.2.0. After 15+ attempts, I still wasn't able to continue the downgrading process by relaunching that version of SafeSysUpdater - it would freeze in various places before starting the downgrade. Your version worked on first attempt and finished my downgrade!

Thank you to you both!
Cool to know that, and thanks gameking66 for the help. I'll wait for more reports and may switch the hax method.

MSearles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used this on an N3DS 9.6U system. Worked perfeclty. I got an official Nintendo error screen telling me that I need to power the console off. Upon doing so, my N3DS wouldn't boot with the SD card still inserted. I took it out, and my firmware is 9.2. I tried Sysupdater first with no luck. It kept giving me a "failed to get CIA file info" error. This worked on the first try for me. Reinstalled menuhax via browserhax and everything is great.

Update: Apparently that was a partial downgrade. Tried five more times to downgrade, worked on the fifth try, or somewhere around there. Now I have a successful downgrade.

Attachments

• CAM00041.jpg
    CAM00041.jpg
    426.7 KB · Views: 356
Last edited by MSearles,

Zyrmkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The one in OP does work on any device/firmware. The CIA one is made for "power users"/testing to downgrade emunand from an already exploited firmware (cfw) for example.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Cool to know that, and thanks gameking66 for the help. I'll wait for more reports and may switch the hax method.
So what's the reason why home menu and browser are downgraded last?

marc_max

Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
Tried to downgrade n3DS 10.6 with 1.0=Softbrick :-(

I've tried everything to downgrade this console (I've downgraded successfully all other consoles) with no luck, I always keep getting a softbrick.
I've read that formatting the system helps a lot in these cases. But I do not want to format the system since I have all the Mii Plaza data there and some savegames that I cannot extract with svdt.
Hoping a solution comes out before 10.7, because a softbrick then would lead to the latest version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto