Homebrew [WIP] SafeSysUpdater

leerz

Trophies
Website
leerz25.sitesled.com
XP
Country
10.6 o3dsxl, Dg'ed to 9.2 on the first try.
10.6 n3dsxl dg'ed to 9.2 on the first try.

both with contingency backups prior to dg, safety first!

next time i'll try to dg directly to 2.1 directly to get otp lol
benefits of a hardmod

Last edited by leerz,
Reactions: dronesplitter

Zyrmkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried to downgrade n3DS 10.6 with 1.0=Softbrick :-(

I've tried everything to downgrade this console (I've downgraded successfully all other consoles) with no luck, I always keep getting a softbrick.
I've read that formatting the system helps a lot in these cases. But I do not want to format the system since I have all the Mii Plaza data there and some savegames that I cannot extract with svdt.
Hoping a solution comes out before 10.7, because a softbrick then would lead to the latest version.
Have you tried removing the sd after the downgrade failed?

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States

I've tried everything to downgrade this console (I've downgraded successfully all other consoles) with no luck, I always keep getting a softbrick.
I've read that formatting the system helps a lot in these cases. But I do not want to format the system since I have all the Mii Plaza data there and some savegames that I cannot extract with svdt.
Hoping a solution comes out before 10.7, because a softbrick then would lead to the latest version.
You could try backing up the sd card and just formatting that, then restore the files. Buddy of mine had issues until he did that.

leerz

Trophies
Website
leerz25.sitesled.com
XP
Country

don't worry about your mii plaza, if you have hardmod, backup your nand first.
format then dg, use your nand backup as your emunand so you retain all your miiplaza stuff

Zyrmkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So after doing a couple dozen tests, it does in fact seem like svchax works BETTER than memchunkhax on FIRM versions under 10.4 as well.

Took me dozens of tries to get it to work using the CPU race, but worked every time with GPU - tested with o3DS.

IF YOU ARE DOWNGRADING FROM 10.3 OR BELOW (NOT 10.4 - 10.6!!), PLEASE TRY THIS VERSION OF THE UPDATER AND REPORT YOUR RESULTS AND LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE ON o3DS/n3DS!

DO NOT TEST THIS ON ANY 3DS WITH CFW/A9LH! Userland 3DS ONLY using HBL!

Only report if you got HAX SUCCESS + downgrade starting, or a freeze. Do NOT report partials/downgrade errors themselves.

Particularly, let me know if it worked better than the updater posted in the OP.
How many tests do you want?

marc_max

Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
You could try backing up the sd card and just formatting that, then restore the files. Buddy of mine had issues until he did that.
Formatting the system is not the same as formatting the SD card. If you format the system, it creates a new encryption key so the old SD becomes useless (and you lose all your Mii Plaza data and DSiWare savegames too).
don't worry about your mii plaza, if you have hardmod, backup your nand first.
format then dg, use your nand backup as your emunand so you retain all your miiplaza stuff
I can't hardmod :-(

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
Formatting the system is not the same as formatting the SD card. If you format the system, it creates a new encryption key so the old SD becomes useless (and you lose all your Mii Plaza data and DSiWare savegames too).

I can't hardmod :-(
Yes I know that......... my buddy had issues getting his 3ds to downgrade until he formatted his sd card. Hence why I suggested it -_-

Reactions: marc_max

gaboumafou

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So after doing a couple dozen tests, it does in fact seem like svchax works BETTER than memchunkhax on FIRM versions under 10.4 as well.

Took me dozens of tries to get it to work using the CPU race, but worked every time with GPU - tested with o3DS.

IF YOU ARE DOWNGRADING FROM 10.3 OR BELOW (NOT 10.4 - 10.6!!), PLEASE TRY THIS VERSION OF THE UPDATER AND REPORT YOUR RESULTS AND LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE ON o3DS/n3DS!

DO NOT TEST THIS ON ANY 3DS WITH CFW/A9LH! Userland 3DS ONLY using HBL!

Only report if you got HAX SUCCESS + downgrade starting, or a freeze. Do NOT report partials/downgrade errors themselves.

Particularly, let me know if it worked better than the updater posted in the OP.
Thank you! I downgraded a 10.3 N3DS on first try after formatting the SD and restoring the files (it didn't want to initialize before that).

Thanks again to you and of course to cpasjuste (qu'est-ce qui est pas juste?)!

dragonjud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I got annoyed at the number of tries that it took for a US N3ds 9.x (with my two other downgrades last week) and instead updated to 10.6 and downgraded straight. Worked on the very first try with the OP version (page 1).
It all worked very well, however, there're a few tweaks. This Safesysupdater seems to have logic in it to do a file comparison between the expected downgrade pack and the files in the updates folder. The reason why I say that is because my mismatch log was much longer than usual. Instead of a couple of titles, I ended up with all the following mismatched:
0x0004009b00010602
0x0004009b00010402
0x0004001b00010802
0x0004013000001b02
0x0004013000001a02

At least two of those files were in my downgrade pack, but did not downgrade. If there's such logic in the program, it should be based on the proper 106 titles, and not the old incorrect 102 titles (so if they are in the updates folder, use them, and don't ignore them). No big deal, but it's nerfing it a bit too much for some of us that have done a few downgrades already, and are using the correct packs for downgrading.
The file is acknowledged as existing in the Updates folder by the checker, but it's ignored during downgrading.

Otherwise, great job with the udpates. And thanks.

Attachments

• SafeSys.log1.txt
    8.9 KB · Views: 258
Last edited by dragonjud,

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So basically, the latest Safesysupdater version can downgrade both a 10.3 3DS, AND a 10.6 3DS and is now the recommended version to use for general downgrading?

Where can I get the download to it, to be on the safe side?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: That's a relief to hear. Do you know what happened?