Homebrew [WIP] SafeSysUpdater

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anything being on a lower firmware is better since there are less CIA's to install reducing your chances of failure.
That point seems to be spot on on theory. However, in reality, downgrading from 10.3 seem to have less issue. Perhaps the developer wrote the unofficial sysupdater or memchunkhax2 development most in 10.3?

About the failure to downgrade from <10.2 to 9.2, it happens even to people I know that know what they are doing (one of those is @pakrett who posted that thread people visit to before downgrading). Update to 10.3 seems to do the trick.

Last edited by tivu100,
Reactions: cpasjuste

AridaneAM

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi! I have an O3DS with 7.1.0-16E. Can I use safesysupdater to upgrade 9.2 with the same method and same CIA's? Or there is a better method?

Thanks.

Peacefire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! I have an O3DS with 7.1.0-16E. Can I use safesysupdater to upgrade 9.2 with the same method and same CIA's? Or there is a better method?

Thanks.

I mean, I don't see why you couldn't. But getting a cart with the 9.2 update included would be much much safer.

roxxazz92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Im sorry to ask this, and i need some answer, I already run the safesysupdater, when thr first time i opened it, i checked the file (a button), it said its all good, then im exit, and enter again, this time i chose the dowgrade (y button), then is freeze, just black screen and some white dot in the left bottom of the upper screen. i wait about 5 sec, nothing happen. then i restart it, and boot it again. and it froze again, i already do it about 10 times, then i try to change to the sysupdater from http://gbatemp.net/threads/simple-guide-to-downgrading-your-3ds.407888/ and again, it freeze when i press the y button or downgrade. its normal? just i have to try it more to success? i use old 3dsxl FW 10.3. with menuhax (press L when booting up)

_Belial

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,

I just ran this on a 9.8 N3DS(E) , the updater ran ok, but now I can't launch system settings or the browser at all, any ideas?

thanks

_Belial

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm guessing my only option is to now do a recovery mode which will force me on to 10.4 or can I insert a game with a 10.3 requirement and get that to update the f/w? Are there any 10.3 games atm? I have a gateway + sky3ds I can use if that helps me.

escequi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm guessing my only option is to now do a recovery mode which will force me on to 10.4 or can I insert a game with a 10.3 requirement and get that to update the f/w? Are there any 10.3 games atm? I have a gateway + sky3ds I can use if that helps me.
I want to know that too, if there is any game that will update the 3ds to 10.2/10.3 (and not 10.4)

EpicPal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Im sorry to ask this, and i need some answer, I already run the safesysupdater, when thr first time i opened it, i checked the file (a button), it said its all good, then im exit, and enter again, this time i chose the dowgrade (y button), then is freeze, just black screen and some white dot in the left bottom of the upper screen. i wait about 5 sec, nothing happen. then i restart it, and boot it again. and it froze again, i already do it about 10 times, then i try to change to the sysupdater from http://gbatemp.net/threads/simple-guide-to-downgrading-your-3ds.407888/ and again, it freeze when i press the y button or downgrade. its normal? just i have to try it more to success? i use old 3dsxl FW 10.3. with menuhax (press L when booting up)

Same thing here. Does someone know what's wrong or if we should just keep trying? Has it happened to anybody else?

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a friend is stuck in this screen after pressing Y, can he hard reboot and try again?
12647794_1168276383182823_1922386017_n.jpg

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a friend is stuck in this screen after pressing Y, can he hard reboot and try again?
OH NO!!! That system is DEAD!!

Just joking. It's ok to reset and start over. See those pink dots on the top screen? Those appear when memchunkhax failed which is normal. It happened to me a bunch before I finally got it to work.

Reactions: zezzo and DeslotlCL

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OH NO!!! That system is DEAD!!

Just joking. It's ok to reset and start over. See those pink dots on the top screen? Those appear when memchunkhax failed which is normal. It happened to me a bunch before I finally got it to work.
thank you so much, he is downgrading right now :)

davidlc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Please read the thread comments, it's normal that this happens, some people try 100+ times before it works. Don't use other program, use this. The hacking method used are the same on both, so no difference in that regard, but this one is more fool-proof.
Just keep trying

Does anyone know if this works on 10.4 now that browserHax, menuHax has been updated? You can run HBL now in 10.4-10.5, but i don't know if memchunkhax2 is still working.
Can anyone confirm/deny it? thanks
EDIT: nvm, found out that it was patched

Last edited by davidlc,

Big Boss Snake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Took me 5-10 tries to get it working on the O3ds but once it went, everything went swimmingly. Keep at it, it'll come eventually, however, one way that seemed to increase my chances was to go to the system internet browser and quit it then go to the game notes and press home while holding L to get back to HBL. Afterwards, just launch the app.

roxxazz92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Same thing here. Does someone know what's wrong or if we should just keep trying? Has it happened to anybody else?

Sir, I made it. Its right, i tried almost 50 times, for 4 hour, turning on and off the DS. You must keep trying, the joy is undescribeable :)

Please read the thread comments, it's normal that this happens, some people try 100+ times before it works. Don't use other program, use this. The hacking method used are the same on both, so no difference in that regard, but this one is more fool-proof.
Just keep trying

Does anyone know if this works on 10.4 now that browserHax, menuHax has been updated? You can run HBL now in 10.4-10.5, but i don't know if memchunkhax2 is still working.
Can anyone confirm/deny it? thanks
EDIT: nvm, found out that it was patched

Yes sir, I tried almost 50 times. And I made it :)

Took me 5-10 tries to get it working on the O3ds but once it went, everything went swimmingly. Keep at it, it'll come eventually, however, one way that seemed to increase my chances was to go to the system internet browser and quit it then go to the game notes and press home while holding L to get back to HBL. Afterwards, just launch the app.

Good for you, only 5-10, I almost take took 50 times. But its nice to downgrade, i can install cfw this time

shahanshah

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
There's nothing wrong with being on 10.2 while downgrading, right? I'm doing my friend's 3DS today, and I wouldn't want anything to go wrong.

Neru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anything work on 10.4? Sent my bricked N3ds to Nintendo and came back fixed with 10.4:glare: Should I keep this 3ds or sell it?

PhantomMenaze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Help, I installed my CIA games but installed Tiny Format after and now the games are gone from my home screen. I feel like the installed CIA games are lingering somewhere how do I uninstall/delete them?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol