Homebrew [WIP] SafeSysUpdater

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anything work on 10.4? Sent my bricked N3ds to Nintendo and came back fixed with 10.4:glare: Should I keep this 3ds or sell it?
You can either buy a sky3ds+ flash cart for it or you can sell it to buy a 3ds that is 10.3 or below. Good luck trying to sell a 3ds that is past 10.3 though unless the person you are trying to sell it to has no idea about downgrading.

PhantomMenaze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I boot straight into Home menu without holding L? I always have to hold L to get to home menu. If I turn on my 3DS without any button it goes straight to homebrew. Help?

bushwick2002

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I put N3DS 9.2.0-20J on my updates folder as I have a japanese new 3ds. I verify the rar file's MD5 before extracting. But with SafeSysupdater, I keep getting a 004001000020900.cia failed during the MD5 check. Is this a glitch with the software? I tried different SD Cards, downloaded the 9.2.0-20J from another link; same MD5 failed error when checking integrity.

Edit: I did delete 000400102002CA00.cia from the updates folder as many topics suggested but I dont that should make the integrity check fail.

Last edited by bushwick2002,

escequi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I put N3DS 9.2.0-20J on my updates folder as I have a japanese new 3ds. I verify the rar file's MD5 before extracting. But with SafeSysupdater, I keep getting a 004001000020900.cia failed during the MD5 check. Is this a glitch with the software? I tried different SD Cards, downloaded the 9.2.0-20J from another link; same MD5 failed error when checking integrity.

Edit: I did delete 000400102002CA00.cia from the updates folder as many topics suggested but I dont that should make the integrity check fail.
It might also have corrupted it somehow from extracting and copying, or you could always just use the sysupdater which doesn't veviry md5, there is no difference afaik from this to sysupdater except for the checks...

Big Boss Snake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It might also have corrupted it somehow from extracting and copying, or you could always just use the sysupdater which doesn't veviry md5, there is no difference afaik from this to sysupdater except for the checks...
The checks are there to make sure people don't brick like with the other ones, he has the chance of bricking since that cia is failing the check so don't suggest to him to use the other one that has no md5 file check.

Last edited by Big Boss Snake,

BothyBhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
Im sorry to ask this, and i need some answer, I already run the safesysupdater, when thr first time i opened it, i checked the file (a button), it said its all good, then im exit, and enter again, this time i chose the dowgrade (y button), then is freeze, just black screen and some white dot in the left bottom of the upper screen. i wait about 5 sec, nothing happen. then i restart it, and boot it again. and it froze again, i already do it about 10 times, then i try to change to the sysupdater from http://gbatemp.net/threads/simple-guide-to-downgrading-your-3ds.407888/ and again, it freeze when i press the y button or downgrade. its normal? just i have to try it more to success? i use old 3dsxl FW 10.3. with menuhax (press L when booting up)

just keep trying.....i had most success with version "08" so my advice is to use that one. i hope it all works out for you....

bushwick2002

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The checks are there to make sure people don't brick like with the other ones, he has the chance of bricking since that cia is failing the check so don't suggest to him to use the other one that has no md5 file check.
is there any way to confirm what the correct md5 signature is for that specific cia update? I used another computer to download and extract the "9.2.0-20J(Full)_n3DS.zip" file and md5 signatures match on both computers, both SD cards. I'm thinking its just a glitch on the SafeSysUpdater app. I tried using just SysUpdater and 50% of the time, it crashes with a black screen, other half of the time, it freezes when I press Y or display a titleException: main.ccp:148: Result: 0XD900182F error. Based on other threads, I just have to keep trying til it downgrades.

Big Boss Snake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there any way to confirm what the correct md5 signature is for that specific cia update? I used another computer to download and extract the "9.2.0-20J(Full)_n3DS.zip" file and md5 signatures match on both computers, both SD cards. I'm thinking its just a glitch on the SafeSysUpdater app. I tried using just SysUpdater and 50% of the time, it crashes with a black screen, other half of the time, it freezes when I press Y or display a titleException: main.ccp:148: Result: 0XD900182F error. Based on other threads, I just have to keep trying til it downgrades.
Check your zip checksum with this thread https://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-list-of-known-bricks-due-to-an-attempt-to-downgrade-to-9-2.407920/ and that will confirm if the zip wasn't downloaded fully or if when it was extracted, it didn't get extracted fully.
I never got those errors you mentioned, all I got was my files checked which went through fine and then within 5-10 tries, it started the downgrade process. Another person said it took around 50 tries to get it started so don't give up hope on it. Just rename it to boot.3dsx so that menuhax will boot it directly and just rename the boot.3dsx file that is there to something else until you downgrade.

Jazzist

Trophies
XP
Country
Hope you guys can help me here:

Just got my New 3DS XL Hyrule Edition (10.3 US). I own a 9.2 o3DS XL with 10.3 RxTools and an Ocarina of Time catridge with oothax. What should be my steps to install downgrade to 9.2 my new/formatted n3DSXL?

davidlc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Does anything work on 10.4? Sent my bricked N3ds to Nintendo and came back fixed with 10.4:glare: Should I keep this 3ds or sell it?
Sell it if you want cfw any time soon

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hope you guys can help me here:

Just got my New 3DS XL Hyrule Edition (10.3 US). I own a 9.2 o3DS XL with 10.3 RxTools and an Ocarina of Time catridge with oothax. What should be my steps to install downgrade to 9.2 my new/formatted n3DSXL?
1. Use browserHax to install MenuHax
2. Use SafeSysUpdater to downgrade to 9.2
3. https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...luding-emunand-coldboot-cia-installer.405589/
4. Profit

Last edited by davidlc,

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Heres a random one for ya'll:

I have a second hand o3ds with 9.8.0-25E, but it has a parental lock on it so it cant be formatted.

I cant acces web browser: parental locked. Dont have any carts to launch hax with...

What I plan to do is downgrade as far as possible> usethe original prental reset tool > removes parental settings. I have read up on this and it works.

Before I do any one have any idea if this will work or any other (better) ideas? Is there any NON secondary hax I can use without cart/browser?

Thanks you all very much in advance for any help!

Last edited by KiiWii,

philltery

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi, just made this account to comment here.

It worked!
I was on a 10.3-U, and it worked on my first try (the only thing that didn't work was the reboot in the end).

Thank you

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I kept getting it to give an error occurred at a specific file and get a half firmware (system settings or internet browser would freeze). I had to use ninjhax 2.5 set to 9.2.0-24U to try again and finished the update. All my files passes md5 checks.

Last edited by hundshamer,

Jazzist

Trophies
XP
Country
How do I launch SafeSysUpdater? Renaming "SafeSysUpdater.3dsx" to "sysUpdater.3dsx" and replacing sysUpdater's 3dsx with this one?

EDIT: Nevermind. It's downgrading now. Wish me luck!

Last edited by Jazzist,

TheReturningVoid

0xAAAAAAAA
Trophies
XP
Country
Kubuntu (read: network-manager) decided to disable my network card whenever I turned on, so I've been stuck with no internet for the past few days. But now I've installed Arch Linux (which is an amazing OS, by the way), fixed my internet problems, and more importantly, installed rxTools and set up menuhax to auto boot it!

Does this work for 10.4? When I press Y I get a black screen.
Nope, 10.4 patched memchunkhax. 10.5 is the same deal.

Heres a random one for ya'll:

I have a second hand o3ds with 9.8.0-25E, but it has a parental lock on it so it cant be formatted.

I cant acces web browser: parental locked. Dont have any carts to launch hax with...

What I plan to do is downgrade as far as possible> usethe original prental reset tool > removes parental settings. I have read up on this and it works.

Before I do any one have any idea if this will work or any other (better) ideas? Is there any NON secondary hax I can use without cart/browser?

Thanks you all very much in advance for any help!
I don't believe you can. I'm pretty sure browserhax is the only non game-based entrypoint.

How do I launch SafeSysUpdater? Renaming "SafeSysUpdater.3dsx" to "sysUpdater.3dsx" and replacing sysUpdater's 3dsx with this one?

EDIT: Nevermind. It's downgrading now. Wish me luck!
Keep praying to the gods. You'll need it :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol