Homebrew [WIP] SafeSysUpdater

Big Boss Snake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heres a random one for ya'll:

I have a second hand o3ds with 9.8.0-25E, but it has a parental lock on it so it cant be formatted.

I cant acces web browser: parental locked. Dont have any carts to launch hax with...

What I plan to do is downgrade as far as possible> usethe original prental reset tool > removes parental settings. I have read up on this and it works.

Before I do any one have any idea if this will work or any other (better) ideas? Is there any NON secondary hax I can use without cart/browser?

Thanks you all very much in advance for any help!
Follow this
http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/493/~/forgot-parental-controls-pin
Just answer the few yes or no questions to get your answer. You may have to pay $0.50 to get the universal unlock code.

Reactions: KiiWii

Jazzist

Trophies
XP
Country
Kubuntu (read: network-manager) decided to disable my network card whenever I turned on, so I've been stuck with no internet for the past few days. But now I've installed Arch Linux (which is an amazing OS, by the way), fixed my internet problems, and more importantly, installed rxTools and set up menuhax to auto boot it!

Nope, 10.4 patched memchunkhax. 10.5 is the same deal.

I don't believe you can. I'm pretty sure browserhax is the only non game-based entrypoint.

Keep praying to the gods. You'll need it :P
YES! Now to fuck it up while making the emuNAND!

Attachments

• 20160126153933.jpg
    20160126153933.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 514

Big Boss Snake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only way you can really botch it up is with H&S app injection, and that's pretty unlikely. Here's a guide to follow.
A better way is to just leave it there and run minipasta from HBL then run FBI from HBL to install the Dev_Menu and FBI CIA versions.
Personally I have never been successful in getting something to inject into the H&S app, always fail and Rxtools just locks up trying to overwrite it.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom

frankhawk12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I for the some reason cannot get safesysupdater to show in my NEW 3ds's Homebrew menu place. It works fine on my OLD 3ds and I managed to downgrade to, does anyone know why it won't show up for my NEW 3ds? I have it in a folder name safesysupdater in the 3ds folder.

TheReturningVoid

0xAAAAAAAA
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, I for the some reason cannot get safesysupdater to show in my NEW 3ds's Homebrew menu place. It works fine on my OLD 3ds and I managed to downgrade to, does anyone know why it won't show up for my NEW 3ds? I have it in a folder name safesysupdater in the 3ds folder.
Is the SafeSysUpdater.3dsx file in that folder?

edwordg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was using Browserhax, and yes i removed sd card. when i clicked on the spanner (system settings) the loading 3ds screen was stuck in a loop and i could not enter system settings. So yes softbrick for definate.....but hey!!!! alls good...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

EDIT.....I am POSITIVE I have seen NVER was held back to be installed as the last file. Thats why I posted what had happened...Maybe the op is not aware that NVER is installing other than WHEN it should....No big deal....Im happy....thanks to the dev for all his good work. i am most appreciative.....honestly
i just did the downgrade from 9.9 to9.2 and half way in safesysupdate the screen said error rebooting or something like that it rebooted to black screen. powerd off and it booted to what looks like 9.2. im having the issue that when i click on system tab it hangs at the 3ds log on top screen, and browser it just hangs also wont go into browser
. how did you fix this if you would?

Last edited by edwordg,

PhantomMenaze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • Got a few questions:
    1. Why do some games only install in minipasta? While some install without it?

2. Why do some games only appear on SYSNAND boot? (rxtools)

3. How do I see every app on my home menu without having to go to rxtools and boot to SYSNAND everytime?

TheReturningVoid

0xAAAAAAAA
Trophies
XP
Country
  • Got a few questions:

3. How do I see every app on my home menu without having to go to rxtools and boot to SYSNAND everytime?
This isn't the thread for CFW installation support. You might want to try asking on a dedicated CFW help thread.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • Got a few questions:

Install it in both sysNAND and emuNAND

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsG-jJcrlr0