Homebrew [WIP] SafeSysUpdater

dronesplitter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to downgrade a EUR 2DS 10.3 but:

With menuhax i get pink dots 8even with FTBRONY tricks)
With Browserhax i get this error: can't get am:u service

I did a about 50 tries in 2 days. I'm really bored ahah
What should i do?
There's tricks to make it work better? I'm having this same issue and was wondering if launching homebrew loader with Cubic Ninja is any better at getting past the pink dots than using menuhax which I have tried a lot so far.

Falkiner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
SOFT BRICK REPORT

Tried to downgrade New3DS from 9.6 to 9.2 using.

All gone right, but on the reboot I got the nintendo error screen. Then I had to force shutdown.

Boot Restore Mode and I was made to update and restore the 3DS :/

TheReturningVoid

0xAAAAAAAA
Trophies
XP
Country
SOFT BRICK REPORT

All gone right, but on the reboot I got the nintendo error screen. Then I had to force shutdown.

Did you try removing the SD Card after the error screen? If you didn't, you might've updated for nothing, as Menuhax payloads on mismatching versions can be a little iffy.

Falkiner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Did you try removing the SD Card after the error screen? If you didn't, you might've updated for nothing, as Menuhax payloads on mismatching versions can be a little iffy.

yeah... I've read this only after, I already did a downgrade and didn't happened that.

When I've booted I only got a black screen too. (Not the error one)

Well, no emuNAND for me.

Nikolay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SOFT BRICK REPORT

This happened to me yesterday. 9.9U -> 9.2U and got the nintendo error screen. My eshop, browser, and settings were borked so I couldn't update by game (bought happy home designer as a last resort.. cya $40)

N64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This happened to me yesterday. 9.9U -> 9.2U and got the nintendo error screen. My eshop, browser, and settings were borked so I couldn't update by game (bought happy home designer as a last resort.. cya $40)

You can try to run the downgrade again. On my o3dsxl I ran into the same issue. Ran the downgraded again after getting hb channel using oot3dhax and it's now a proper 9.2 console, system settings and such work now.

Nikolay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can try to run the downgrade again. On my o3dsxl I ran into the same issue. Ran the downgraded again after getting hb channel using oot3dhax and it's now a proper 9.2 console, system settings and such work now.

I ended up updating to 10.5, I didn't have an exploitable game.

Deathevan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It happens. You just need to keep trying. I would also use sysUpdater to go to 10.3, as you have a much higher success chance there.
Will that also reduce the chance of my console bricking? Is upgrading just swapping out the 9.2 files with 10.3? Then putting back the 9.2 files when I want to downgrade from 10.3?

Last edited by Deathevan,

TheReturningVoid

0xAAAAAAAA
Trophies
XP
Country
Will that also reduce the chance of my console bricking? Is upgrading just swapping out the 9.2 files with 10.3? Then putting back the 9.2 files when I want to downgrade from 10.3?
Being on 10.3 when downgrading will reduce the chance of bricking. In your case, you would be going 9.6 -> 10.3 -> 9.2. I don't think SafeSysUpdater can update to 10.3 though (it'll fail the hash checks), so use normal sysUpdater and make sure you've got the right files.

Deathevan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Being on 10.3 when downgrading will reduce the chance of bricking. In your case, you would be going 9.6 -> 10.3 -> 9.2. I don't think SafeSysUpdater can update to 10.3 though (it'll fail the hash checks), so use normal sysUpdater and make sure you've got the right files.
I finally got it to downgrade from 9.6 to 9.2 and it said an error has occurred midway. What should I do? Am I fucked?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I really didn't like playing online against other people always felt like I was being matched...