Homebrew [WIP] SafeSysUpdater

TheReturningVoid

0xAAAAAAAA
Trophies
XP
Country
I finally got it to downgrade from 9.6 to 9.2 and it said an error has occurred midway. What should I do? Am I fucked?
You likely are. Try removing the SD Card and booting up. If you can't get in, you're going to have to boot into recovery and update to 10.5. This is why I said to update to 10.3 - the chance of errors like that are lower.

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You will need to run safesysupater again. I had to use Ninjhax because browser didn't work. I noticed it was a specific file (0004003000008F02.cia) that was giving me errors. It was always the same file. Thank goodness I installed a hard mod and backed up the NAND first.

Last edited by hundshamer,
Reactions: N64

Deathevan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You likely are. Try removing the SD Card and booting up. If you can't get in, you're going to have to boot into recovery and update to 10.5. This is why I said to update to 10.3 - the chance of errors like that are lower.
I can boot it up without the SD card. But it seems I can't get into system settings or browser.

Last edited by Deathevan,

_Belial

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can boot it up without the SD card. But it seems I can't get into system settings or browser.

Seems to be a not uncommon problem (I had it on a n3dsxl) just use a game to apply an update (I used triforce heroes) and try again if you want , or boot into recovery mode and let it update to 10.5 but loose ability to downgrade.

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to need to buy either cubic ninja or OOT3D then?
Or do as this guy suggests.

Seems to be a not uncommon problem (I had it on a n3dsxl) just use a game to apply an update (I used triforce heroes) and try again if you want , or boot into recovery mode and let it update to 10.5 but loose ability to downgrade.

If you do try to delete 0004003000008F02.cia and see if it works. Even though it passed with SafeSysUpdater, that file would freeze the downgrade process. I would even freeze with Julian's sysupdater.

Last edited by hundshamer,

BasedIndex

splendid
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Russia
SOFT BRICK REPORT

Tried to downgrade New3DS from 9.6 to 9.2 using.

All gone right, but on the reboot I got the nintendo error screen. Then I had to force shutdown.

Boot Restore Mode and I was made to update and restore the 3DS :/
RIP.
I'd suggest using julian20's sysupdater. I still have it somewhere on the backup hdd if someone needs it. It doesn't have md5 checks though.

Last edited by BasedIndex,

Falkiner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I finally got it to downgrade from 9.6 to 9.2 and it said an error has occurred midway. What should I do? Am I fucked?

This happened to me too.

It's a New3DS? Shutdown the console, remove the SDCard and try turning on the console.

Oh yeah, you'll have to hard power off the device if you got that error screen.

If you got a black screen with lights. You bricked as me. But don't worry there's a final solution.

Do this: https://3dbrew.org/wiki/Recovery_Mode

It will update your console. Better than nothing.

Last edited by Falkiner,

Salamencizer

Cute Hot Whatever
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
India
upload_2016-1-28_17-2-26.png
pls temme what to do sys updater froze here
it has been around 10 minutes