Homebrew [WIP]PCHex++ - PCHex with its own gui

Slashcash

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Someone told me this editor will automatically delete secure value after any edit, and this will mess up the time events?

This is actually not true and i don't know why this rumor is circulating around the web (since i get this question a lot of time)

PCHex++ never touches the secure value directly (it used to modify it OPTIONALLY in one of the early releases to solve the infamous red screen bug, but not automatically, now even that option is disappeared)

The save file modification it's just a pure byte per byte raw write operation and secure value is never involved

Last edited by Slashcash,
Reactions: ShadowOne333

Judas18

Queen Kunty
Trophies
XP
Country
This is actually not true and i don't know why this rumor is circulating around the web (since i get this question a lot of time)

PCHex++ never touches the secure value directly (it used to modify it OPTIONALLY in one of the early releases to solve the infamous red screen bug, but not automatically, now even that option is disappeared)
Btw you saved my anus. My boyfriend lost my O3DS which I used to extract my save games to edit them, I couldn't do that on my N3DS and the original app that this one is based on never seemed to work for me. So thanks ^^

Slashcash

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm struggling to find a suitable way to add a fast multi-import feature: i thought to add the possibility to import an entire folder with one shot but it turned out to be risky: importing a lot of .pk6 would overwrite a lot of pokemon risking of deleting important pokemon in the savefile. Maybe limiting the multi-import to only 30 .pk6 at a time? I'm searching for ideas.

Gocario

GBAFail'd
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can still skip every slot with a Pokémon in.
Code:
[ X   X X X ] [ X X X X X ]
[ X X X X X ] [ X   X X X ]
[ X   X   X ] [ X X   X X ]
[ X X X X X ] [ X       X ]
[ X X X   X ] [ X X X X X ]
v  v  v​
Code:
[ X 1 X X X ] [ X X X X X ]
[ X X X X X ] [ X 5 X X X ]
[ X 2 X 3 X ] [ X X 6 X X ]
[ X X X X X ] [ X 7 8 9 X ]
[ X X X 4 X ] [ X X X X X ]
I'm doing that for the "multi-select move to" (https://github.com/gocario/PHBank/blob/master/source/viewer/box_viewer.cpp#L1228)

Slashcash

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The work on the new release is slow but steady, if someone is interested in contributing please note that the majority of the work is being done in the new-release branch on github:

You can check the status of the work here: https://github.com/Slashcash/PCHex-plusplus/commits/new-release

THIS POST IS JUST AN EXCUSE: I really want the MARK OF THE WOLVES of the homebrew section. The official tag in the topic title! THAT'S NOT FAIR, HOMEBREW MAFIA!

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Just a heads up about the CIA:
The banner.bcwav is not working.
I just get some random beeps, which is what happens when a bcwav doesn't work properly.

Slashcash

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just a heads up about the CIA:
The banner.bcwav is not working.
I just get some random beeps, which is what happens when a bcwav doesn't work properly.

I noticed that, already fixed it in the new-release branch on gh. Not worth to release a new version just for the banner when the new version is somewhere on the way.

[EDIT]In a couple of days i'll need some translators for the main european languages (except for italian and english which will be handled by myself XD) it's just a ten minutes work, not more than three of four lines of text. Drop a pm!

Last edited by Slashcash,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I noticed that, already fixed it in the new-release branch on gh. Not worth to release a new version just for the banner when the new version is somewhere on the way.

[EDIT]In a couple of days i'll need some translators for the main european languages (except for italian and english which will be handled by myself XD) it's just a ten minutes work, not more than three of four lines of text. Drop a pm!
I can take Spanish if that hasn't been done already. :P

Gocario

GBAFail'd
Trophies
XP
Country
France

I can take the french. ;)

Purdy8TV

Trophies
XP
Country
Just installed this via .cia on FBI, when I launch it without cart it correctly displays nothing to edit. But with my cart in I get https://i.imgur.com/AMOTTFm.jpg, which I expect is correct as I have no games installed and just my OR cart inserted, but when I press A is just crashes?

Slashcash

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just installed this via .cia on FBI, when I launch it without cart it correctly displays nothing to edit. But with my cart in I get https://i.imgur.com/AMOTTFm.jpg, which I expect is correct as I have no games installed and just my OR cart inserted, but when I press A is just crashes?

You are probably missing the resource folder. It is called PCHex++, is provided in the zip file and should be placed at the root of your sd card

Purdy8TV

Trophies
XP
Country
You are probably missing the resource folder. It is called PCHex++, is provided in the zip file and should be placed at the root of your sd card

That would be why, stupidly assumed I only needed the .cia. Apologies first day of having my 3DS hacked

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @NinStar, Hey Ninstar.