Homebrew [WIP]PCHex++ - PCHex with its own gui

Kaphotics

badc0ded
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately this is not possible (in fact even PKHex has the party section editing disabled)

The reason is that modifying the party data in a certain way makes the game crash. The reason is in the way the game stores the party data (i won't go into the technical details since they are really boring)
Wat, PKHeX allows you to edit party data. It doesn't allow Battle Box editing, for obvious reasons.

Party data is just current stats at the end, encrypted with the same seed. Hax even allows you to change the stats to whatever you want instead of calculating.

Ryuzaki_MrL

Green Thunder
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Wat, PKHeX allows you to edit party data. It doesn't allow Battle Box editing, for obvious reasons.

Party data is just current stats at the end, encrypted with the same seed. Hax even allows you to change the stats to whatever you want instead of calculating.

I was about to ask why, since PkHex does edit party data and the entire savefile structure is documented at projectpokemon.

Slashcash

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

In fact i said bullshit and was totally wrong. I thougt it was impossible because i tried and i made the game crash. The reason was that i modified the hp of a pokemon without modifying the 28 additional bytes, so the modified pokemon was having more hp than its max hp. I didn't think of just overwrite with zeroes the 28 additional bytes. In this case checking PKHex code could have enlightened me

In fact the party data is not read only at all, i just checked. I got confused with the battle box, my mind made the rest.

Last edited by Slashcash,

Real.96

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Unfortunately this is not possible (in fact even PKHex has the party section editing disabled)

The reason is that modifying the party data in a certain way makes the game crash. The reason is in the way the game stores the party data (i won't go into the technical details since they are really boring)
And a tab only to check IVs for example? It would be really helpful for checking ivs when softresetting

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

In fact i said bullshit and was totally wrong. I thougt it was impossible because i tried and i made the game crash. The reason was that i modified the hp of a pokemon without modifying the 28 additional bytes, so the modified pokemon was having more hp than its max hp. I didn't think of just overwrite with zeroes the 28 additional bytes. In this case checking PKHex code could have enlightened me

In fact the party data is not read only at all, i just checked. I got confused with the battle box, my mind made the rest.
So you will add a party tab for editing it? or no?

Eskuero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think a single bit of data on the savegame is read-only. Probably it's all about editing them properly and fixing checksums afterwards.

Slashcash

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't think a single bit of data on the savegame is read-only. Probably it's all about editing them properly and fixing checksums afterwards.

That's true, of course nothing is read only on the savefile. I said, and was wrong, that PKHex doesn't write to that section (so i wrote read-only, poor word choice on my part)

It is just a matter of writing on that part correctly indeed

Reactions: Eskuero

Slashcash

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Finally i finished the works on the new release, it just remains some precautional testing and the translation.

The plan is to have a translation for these languages: french, german and spanish (other than italian and english which are already done by myself).

The file which contains all the gui text is here: https://github.com/Slashcash/PCHex-plusplus/blob/new-release/romfs/eng/guitext

You can send me a translated .txt file in a language of your choice, with every sentence on one line in the exact same order as the original file. Here on the topic or in the pm.

This is how PCHex++ looks now (apart from some minor graphical changes of the last minute)
pchex+++screen.png
pchex+++screen.png

and a changelog with all the features:

PCHex++ Ver 0.1

Gui:
  • Total graphical gui redesign by @dsoldier
  • Full gui translation (only european languages)
  • Pokemon nicknames with non ascii character are now shown correctly
  • Search function improved: you can press L and R while searching to scroll to the next found element
  • Total Stat is now shown correctly
  • Circular box navigation
  • Minor bug fixing

Clone:
  • Multiple clone mode added: press SELECT to activate multiple selection and clone an entire box

Import
  • The import function now scans for subdirectories: you can now place your .pk6 in subdirectories

Editing:
  • Species editing added
  • Gender swapping added

CIA:
  • The resource folder is now packed within the CIA romfs, the PCHex++ folder is not needed anymore

BUGFIXING
  • Actually a lot

Skynetz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Getting an error when I try to select Alpha Sapphire digital version that forces me to restart.

Using the CIA version

EDIT: I figured it out, I'm a dummy

Last edited by Skynetz,

phalk

Handheld Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I know I have no right to ask for anything but please please please please, fix the distorted images in the UI.
P L E A S E. :( My OCD is killing me.

EDIT: Apparently you fixed it in the latest release and I didn't see it, since it isn't in the First Page. Gonna test it. :D :D :D

Last edited by phalk,

Slashcash

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Don't know if this is the official 0.1, but here's one uploaded 2 hours ago:
https://github.com/Slashcash/PCHex-plusplus/releases

I hate to not be home to try it out. ToT

It is the official one, i was waiting to get on my desktop to update the first post! You posted like ten seconds before me! :lol:

Anyway, i updated the OP with the new release this is the changelog:

PCHex++ ver 0.1
Gui:

• Total graphical gui redesign
  • Full gui translation (italian, spanish and french)
  • Pokemon nicknames with non ascii character are now shown correctly (japanese font still missing)
  • Search function improved: you can press L and R while searching to scroll to the next found element
  • Total Stat is now shown correctly
  • Circular box navigation
  • Minor bug fixing
Clone:

• Multiple clone mode added: press SELECT to activate multiple selection and clone an entire box
Import:

• The import function now scans for subdirectories: you can now place your .pk6 in subdirectories
Editing:

• Species editing added
  • Gender swapping added
CIA:

• The resource folder is now packed within the CIA romfs, the PCHex++ folder is not needed anymore
BUGFIXING

• Actually a lot

Last edited by Slashcash,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/Cj8n4MfhjUc?si=detAUm1a27hi4uTP